10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Good to see an old friend back fighting.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I see he has his "DON'T TOUCH ME" attack again.

Hopefully there will be more distinct differences between him and mario

4 slots left folks!

Can't have super smash bros without Mr. game and watch though

what? no zelda/sheik?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Dark Samus doesn't make it I'll be pissed off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad this game will be on 3DS. To me the Wii U isn't worth its price. Maybe when it gets down to $199 or close I'll consider purchasing it.

But for now I'll be enjoying SSB on 3DS XL! (I actually wished they did that back when I was a kid when Melee came out).
    Call me House.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    what? no zelda/sheik?
    Please, we all know zelda is going to be here.

Sonic
    Ganadorf
    Peach
    marth/ike
    Ice climbers
    donkey kong
    ness

My bets for the remaining 4: Zelda, ice climbers, ness and peach

10+ Year Old Account
    What's this about remaining four?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Please, we all know zelda is going to be here.

Sonic
    Ganadorf
    Peach
    marth/ike
    Ice climbers
    donkey kong
    ness

My bets for the remaining 4: Zelda, ice climbers, ness and peach
    Pretty much ANYBODY who had a character animation skeleton done from the prior game will be back here. So, unique characters like DK, Ice-Climbers and Sonic (particularly after Nintendo paid Sega for exclusivity rights recently) are a sure bet... whereas pallete-swaps of the original cast of characters like Gannondorf (being a tweaked version of Captain Falcon) and Falco are iffy (though I still suspect them being in too regardless)

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys I think I figured out the mystery stage, the one everyone thought was a Donkey Kong stage. Well I believe it's a Rayman stage, watch the newest Nintendo Direct, I noticed during the new Rayman game showing that there is something that looks very similar... Which leads me to believe Rayman is in the newest Super Smash Brothers game along with a stage.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    If Dark Samus doesn't make it I'll be pissed off.
    We'll have to get past Ridley before Dark Samus ever has a chance of making it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Guys I think I figured out the mystery stage, the one everyone thought was a Donkey Kong stage. Well I believe it's a Rayman stage, watch the newest Nintendo Direct, I noticed during the new Rayman game showing that there is something that looks very similar... Which leads me to believe Rayman is in the newest Super Smash Brothers game along with a stage.
    Sakurai doesn't seem to want too many third-party characters into the game, I think we'll be extremely lucky if we ended up with more than 3 third-party characters, and I just don't see Rayman taking a slot from someone like Sonic and Snake. As for the stage, I'm still leaning over for it to be a DK stage, it really looks like something from Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I noticed that as well. It did very much resemble the Rayman Origins/Legends art style.

They also put up an image on the official site a few days ago which heavily implied a Pilotwings stage is in the works.

10+ Year Old Account
    After I looked at the picture again, I take any theory I had back.
    Hey everyone

If any of you remember the intro cinematic from Melee then you should recall the short sequence of Samus battling Ridley. That led a lot of disappointed people into thinking that he would make a playable appearance. Anyone complaining about his size should take a look at the intro, he would have made a perfect addition at that scale.

Also, Ray from Custom Robo. Enough said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope Luigi has some new moves based on his actual games, I never liked a lot of the made up moves for characters unless its exceptions like Captain Falcon or the Villager.

Also where is this talk of 4 more character slots left coming from? I know they are doing a smaller roster, but I never seen anything about a confirmed number of slots yet. I would flip shit if the Mother series gets denied representation because of some kind of character limit like that being real.

Also anyone happen to have a pic of this supposed Pilotwings stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I really hope Luigi has some new moves based on his actual games, I never liked a lot of the made up moves for characters unless its exceptions like Captain Falcon or the Villager.

Also where is this talk of 4 more character slots left coming from? I know they are doing a smaller roster, but I never seen anything about a confirmed number of slots yet. I would flip shit if the Mother series gets denied representation because of some kind of character limit like that being real.

Also anyone happen to have a pic of this supposed Pilotwings stage?
    4 slots left is from the main site before they updated the look of the site. When it listed the playable characters it had 4 empty slots left after they revealed luigi

the wii fit trainer is such a random newcomer...like I understand it has a franchise, but in ssb? Likewtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    the wii fit trainer is such a random newcomer...like I understand it has a franchise, but in ssb? Likewtf?
    If you think that's weird then you should have been part of the community when R.O.B's inclusion in Brawl leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Sakurai mentioned in a recent interview that normally a 20 character roster for a game like Smash Bros would be realistic. However, he always wants to push the boundaries, which is how he got nearly the double in Brawl. He knows the fan demand, and even if it hurts his lifestyle so much to work so hard on Smash Bros his motivational factor comes from hearing how long time people play his games and how much fun they are, and a big roster is part of that. People of course took it out of context and some people have gotten frantic, it's nothing really, expect 40 characters minimum and 45 characters max. Plus, Sakurai loves the Mother series, so no worries. Just look at the New Pork City stage and all the details that are in the background.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-08-09 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    I always found him to be hard to play but I hope the balance him out more in SSB4. Honestly the whole game needs balancing, I wouldn't mind it taking over Melee competitively but I'm not sure it will honestly... It would need patching.
    Complaining about balance in a fucking party game.

GG no re, haha L2P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dudefellas View Post
    Complaining about balance in a fucking party game.

GG no re, haha L2P.
    A party game or not, a fighting game should always be properly balanced, which is something Brawl (and even Melee) was not at some points. While they are still fantastic games, Smash 4 would be much better than them if all characters were playable competetive and not just Meta Knight and 4 other top tier characters.
    Last edited by mmoc0ea342aa3d; 2013-08-09 at 08:56 PM.