Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

[Megathread] Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade

Updated 9/3

Since the other thread on in this section is out of date and the game is no longer what people were expecting, I will create this thread and keep it up to date as new information comes in.

Eternal Crusade is an upcoming Warhammer 40,000 MMO/shooter that is due for release at the end of 2015, it is said to be in the style of Planetside 2 but with more emphasis on the MMO part, most things are pure speculation at the moment and facts will be added as and when they are confirmed.

What business model will the game use?

Although it’s still under consideration, the current plan is that Eternal Crusade will be “premium with a free-to-play option.” By purchasing a copy of the game, you will have access to it forever with no need for a subscription. There will be post-launch expansions, as well as a cash shop for customization & convenience items. If you don’t want to buy the box, you can still try the game as a free-to-play version of an Ork character. As opposed to the premium Orks, your progression will be slower and some options will be locked off, but you’ll be able to go anywhere and fight for the Waaagh! If you like it but still don’t want to pay the full price, you can unlock some of the missing options with microtransactions.

Eternal Crusade is partially F2P. Without paying, players can access the game but are limited to Ork Boyz, who cannot advance beyond a certain degree. Those who buy the game have access to all factions and full advancement. There is no monthly subscription, however a cash shop is planned.

The game will be mostly PvP, happening on one planet at a time. A new planet will be rolled out when a planet is conquered. Tyranids are NPCs and will be used in part to keep things a little bit balanced if player faction numbers are too unequal or one faction is dominating for other reasons. They will also constitute the PvE content, probably all of it.

Orks

Klans: Goffs, Evil Sunz, Deathskulls, Bad Moons

Classes: Boys, Nobs, Mekboy, Painboy, Stormboy, Weirdboy

Space Marines

Chapters: Ultramarine, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels

Classes: Tactical Marines, Devastators, Assault Marines, Apothecaries, Techmarines, Librarians

Chaos Space Marines

Legions: Iron Warriors

Classes: Raptors

Eldar

No craftworlds thus far confirmed.

Speculated Classes: Swooping Hawks, Bonesingers, Warlocks

Tyranids

While Tyranids are confirmed to be in the game, they will not be playable. Instead, they will be an NPC faction, providing enemies for PvE content.

Eternal Crusade will also feature an EVE-like single server, though Caron pointed out that the game's economy is "a very simplified EVE."

Other mechanical tidbits include a three-pronged advancement hierarchy beginning with squads and moving on to strike forces and then war councils. Caron said that the councils will ultimately decide objectives for the game's players via their chosen faction, though he also noted that you don't have to follow the hierarchy and are free to strike out on your own. Hierarchy XP bonuses may dissuade you from doing so, however.

The game will also feature friendly-fire, though it will have some sort of "reduced potency." The concept is still being ironed out, but Caron explained that shooting a friend won't be exactly like shooting an enemy. If you're an experienced player in mechanical terms and you shoot a friendly, you'll get a harsher penalty because you should know better. If you're a low-level player and you shoot a friendly, you'll get some sort of debuff that says you're bad at shooting.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-09-03 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    I really hope they don't fuck this up.

Deleted
    Sounds like a MOBA to me or Global Agenda style at best, not your classic wow style MMO.

Can't happen soon enough.

Hmm...

So, will this be like Dust514 or End of Nations?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    http://bhvr.com/eternalcrusade/

Behaviour Interactive has obtained the rights to create a wholly new MMORPG persistent war experience for PC, PS4 and Xbox One set in Games Workshop’s universe of the 41st Millennium. In the game, players choose a Warhammer 40,000® race and fight directly as one of their warriors in massive conflicts for territory. It will be up to each faction’s community to determine their own destiny as they vie for control of an entire planet.
    Oh god I hope I can be IG or Soriatas

So they plan for this to be on console as well?

This might not be a legitimate MMO.

Looks like a planetside-like mmo

Wish they would just finish Dark Millenium, but this could be good also.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Guys, go check out Behavior Interactives extensive library of critically acclaimed games...

By that I mean they've done nothing of merit other than a bunch of shovelware titles.

Warhammer deserves better than this. Stop fucking it up Games Workshop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Guys, go check out Behavior Interactives extensive library of critically acclaimed games...

By that I mean they've done nothing of merit other than a bunch of shovelware titles.

Jesus that is horrible...

True, 40K have the potential to be amazing, Huge universe, space combat, interesting races and alot more.

And why is GW giving the license to a unknown company, give it to a company with mmo experience.

Edit seems like they have mmo experience but never heard about them. Please make a good mmo.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-06-11 at 08:51 PM.

I wish they would just make warhammer online f2p

i hope this is good. i like warhammer and stuff, if they do it right it'll be really fun. just hope it isn't some shit styled like league of legends, that would suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Im not getting my hopes high, warhammer, especially 40k, simply doesnt fit into MMO. Also unless you can play as daemonette it will suck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So they plan for this to be on console as well?

This might not be a legitimate MMO.
    well ESO is planning to come out on consoles and its been billed MMO

Some Features

Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers;

Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;

Become a warrior from one of four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks and Eldar.

Participate in truly massive conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.

Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium;

Hack through genuinely challenging procedural content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience twice;

Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit - then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    well ESO is planning to come out on consoles and its been billed MMO
    Apparently if it comes out on console it's no longer an MMO.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted

ahhh too many movie franchise games.

I smell a big f*** up.