Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    It's called 'catering to an audience'.
    The same audience that is oversaturated.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Wow, you are the biggest corporate asshole I have ever seen. You are literally a sony marketing shill.

Nintendo has ALWAYS been outside of the console war since the N64, because they survive, nay, thrive on their first party games. Now the WiiU has a decent list of good Second party games like Bayonetta 2. So a larger library is always good.

The WiiU doesn't need to change to be a PS4 copy, because it's fine the way it is, a Nintendo console.

And as a Note, the Pro controler for the WiiU is better than the Six Axis and the Xbox controler, Suck it.
    ... o_O

I offer a legitimate temp solution for the Wii-U that could bump it up to second over MS... and I get called a Sony corporate shill?

...I believe your anger really betrays how threatened your fandom is. :P

Has it ever occurred to you that this "shot in the arm" I'm talking about could be the make-or-break moment Nintendo needs to invest and develop, for the first time, a new state-of-the-art next-gen system to LEGITIMATELY combat the eventual PS5 statistically 8-10 years down the road? Do you ever think beyond today or do you just see the negative in everything somebody says?
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-06-12 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    But the Wii U... just sucks.
    Lol it's better than the shitty derptacular consoles that Micro$oft and Sony are releasing.

Sorry, if you want games that are more than generic rehashed bullshit with more cutscene than actual game, better suck it up and buy a Wii U. At least their "rehashed" franchises actually try to introduce new gameplay with each new iteration...

The day Nintendo games show up on a PS/Xbox is the day I quit console gaming for good.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-06-12 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ... o_O

I offer a legitimate temp solution for the Wii-U that could bump it up to second over MS... and I get called a Sony corporate shill?

...I believe your anger really betrays how threatened your fandom is. :P

Has it ever occurred to you that this "shot in the arm" I'm talking about could be the make-or-break moment Nintendo needs to invest and develop, for the first time, a new state-of-the-art next-gen system to LEGITIMATELY combat the eventual PS5 statistically 8-10 years down the road? Do you ever think beyond today?

Your "Solution" is stupid. Period.

Firstly, the developers don't face a problem with the Screen pad. It is not a requirement by nintendo to use the gamepad directly in any developments, it's up to the developers themselves.

Secondly, you cite the Six Axis pad as something beyond an aborted fetus of pad design that slips and slides and cramps hands in anyone who is not a tiny japanese girl.

Thirdly, you fail to realize that specs do not make a console, and indeed a console does not make a game, considering Super Mario galaxy was one of the best looking games last generation and was on the Wii of all things.

Nintendo have a policy of purposely limiting themselves, because it forces their developers to think and create better games.

What you want is Nintendo to make another Playstation, a soul-less machine made of second grade PC parts so it can port games easier.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Lol it's better than the shitty derptacular consoles that Micro$oft and Sony are releasing.

Sorry, if you want games that are more than generic rehashed bullshit that are more cutscene than actual game, better suck it up and buy a Wii U. At least their franchises actually try to introduce new gameplay with each new iteration...
    But then Sony Shills will counter that Mario and Zelda are the most rehashed games.

Yet if you do the numbers, per generation, more Sony games have been mindlessly shuffled out compared to Nintendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am as far away from being a nintendo fan as you can imagine and despite that I know they're not going to give up the hardware. No way. There's a huge demographic for them. Parents who actually care what their under 8 year old is playing, elderly people, the handheld casual demographic. Despite the early on Dips, the Wii U and 3Ds are looking to be crawling their way back up.

There's so much they have to gain, and exclusive franchises are how they reel you in. Sadly Sonic's been added to their repertoire for this next few years so they've got the rabid sonic fanbase in their sack as well. And believe me that is NO small deal. How do you think Sega gets to keep making Sonic games?

These people might not be as vocal on the internet as the PC/Ps/Xbox crowd but they are at the least, buying games. And you will bet your ass as the months go on leading up to Xmas again, the Wii U will be a slightly more attractive choice for fanboys and their families. As well as younger and older gamers.

I will lament not being able to play Zelda and Smashbros at my house but...that's what keeping some semblance of friendship is for. Or at the very least I can tell my parents it might be a good interest to buy either a Wii U or Ps4 to keep my little brother quiet. :P
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    I am as far away from being a nintendo fan as you can imagine and despite that I know they're not going to give up the hardware. No way. There's a huge demographic for them. Parents who actually care what their under 8 year old is playing, elderly people, the handheld casual demographic. Despite the early on Dips, the Wii U and 3Ds are looking to be crawling their way back up.
    Funny how the 3DS gained popularity through games like Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing. One is a much more mature game, and the other is very very age neutral. SMT4 being another mature game than the typical popularity.

Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, X and SMT v Fire Emblum show that the Audience of the WiiU won't be the dudebro shooter audience. But people who enjoy bright, fun games with different styles to them.

You Nintendo fanboys need to remove your head from WAYYYY out your ass. They havnt made a decent game or piece of hardware, IN YEARS!

I know, I own a Wii, I bought it at launch. I used to be a HUGE nintendo fan, my sis and I both had our own NES in like 1992. I had every game, it was amazing. No one stood up against Nintendo.

And then they fucked themselves with the gamecube, no one wanted the same games we wanted updated graphics. And if you say you dont need good graphics, then I dont take your opinion seriously. Because good graphics makes EVERY game immersible, without them they wouldnt be half as endearing. And it counts for ALL generations because 32-bit was revolutionary back then, not so much now, but back then it had ALOT to do with the games success.

You cant make a game look dirtier then the last and expect more sales. It doesnt work like that. They should have put more money into making the console run more efficiently with more power. Then the Wii comes out and to try and stay cheap and with their trend it comes out with less power then the next gens still, pissing people off again. And trying to shove these interactive games down everyones throat. I dont care who you are, but if you play interactive games as much as most gamers do hardcore games, your not a gamer to me.

Anyone can grab a controller and throw something, most hardcore games require tremendous hand-eye coordination and timing. Thats a TOTALLY different style of gaming. So that made me and all of my friends not want to buy anything Nintendo related anymore. And then a few months back one of my friends comes over with his decked out Wii full of games and everything Nintendo under the sun.

He busted out the new Galaxy and started playing and after 10 minutes I was falling asleep. I coulnt handle it, I even asked him. "Dude, can you really compare and play these for hours like you can newer games like WoW and stuff?"

And he said, "well no of course not, its just for some quick fun here and there."

And even the Zelda game felt the same way, no challenge, just the same mundane task over and over. Their games are so repetitive and boring, nothing new ever comes out. I think they need a new breath of life into the company, take some more third party developer chances and get some games back to the console that are worth playing.

I agree Zelda and Mario are classics and probably some of the best characters/games ever, but now its just the same rehashed content over and over, on a console that makes me feel like Iam playing a gamecube.

As a long time gamer/nintendo fan and all over tech nerd, Nintendo has really dropped the ball compared to what they used to be and they need to re-think their ideas and offer the hardcore gamer better incentives, because as of now I can just play better games, on my comp without having to buy exclusive content or systems and never have to look back at any of the consoles fighting for my bid.

Which I will have NO qualms about doing for the rest of my life, assuming they keep releasing more and more expensive garbage with less and less actual stuff in it.

Y
    But then Sony Shills will counter that Mario and Zelda are the most rehashed games.
    i love this argument. "oh they do ANOTHER mario kart".
    They dont get, that nintendo does 1 mario kart per system, while CoD,battlefield/assassins creed/"insert-random-ea sportsgame" release one game a year.

Those fanboys just see "oh another mario game". They dont want to acknowledge that just because mario is in the game, it is still a completly different game/experience. 2D-Mario-Sidescroller, 3d mario (galaxy), mario kart , ssb, mario party, mario sport , whatever, are completly different games. The only aspects of all is that it features the same hero.

just the same mundane task over and over. Their games are so repetitive and boring, nothing new ever comes out
    Whats the "new" thing in those 20 Call of Duty/battlefield games, that were released in the past 5 years. Or the 5? assassins creed games, that pretty much all are the same? And dont say "THEY GOT NEW WEAPONS AND NEW MAPS LOL"
    People just buy them like zombies because "its the new one, nobody gonna play the old one". Thats btw the reason, why microsoft wants to restrict reselling. Because people like to resell the last-year version.
    Last edited by Genju; 2013-06-12 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yes... because I believe it's not limiting this man - it's EXPANDING what this man could do for games and the industry. That man could help bring more variety to the modern gaming world and help us get out of this glut of brainless shooters and... SHOOTERS... >_<

...except on Xbone... that is, quite literally, an imposition of restricting limitations. :P
    By expand do you just mean better graphics? Sony has guidelines. Sony benefits from the DLC much more than the designers do.

If Nintendo made games for Sony.... Mario will now be a FPS with sooo many DLC and a 7 hour single player campaign...and finally...... online play where diff marios fight each other with guns....... thats just.... dumb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    You Nintendo fanboys need to remove your head from WAYYYY out your ass. They havnt made a decent game or piece of hardware, IN YEARS!

I know, I own a Wii, I bought it at launch. I used to be a HUGE nintendo fan, my sis and I both had our own NES in like 1992. I had every game, it was amazing. No one stood up against Nintendo.

And then they fucked themselves with the gamecube, no one wanted the same games we wanted updated graphics. And if you say you dont need good graphics, then I dont take your opinion seriously. Because good graphics makes EVERY game immersible, without them they wouldnt be half as endearing. And it counts for ALL generations because 32-bit was revolutionary back then, not so much now, but back then it had ALOT to do with the games success.

You cant make a game look dirtier then the last and expect more sales. It doesnt work like that. They should have put more money into making the console run more efficiently with more power. Then the Wii comes out and to try and stay cheap and with their trend it comes out with less power then the next gens still, pissing people off again. And trying to shove these interactive games down everyones throat. I dont care who you are, but if you play interactive games as much as most gamers do hardcore games, your not a gamer to me.

Anyone can grab a controller and throw something, most hardcore games require tremendous hand-eye coordination and timing. Thats a TOTALLY different style of gaming. So that made me and all of my friends not want to buy anything Nintendo related anymore. And then a few months back one of my friends comes over with his decked out Wii full of games and everything Nintendo under the sun.

He busted out the new Galaxy and started playing and after 10 minutes I was falling asleep. I coulnt handle it, I even asked him. "Dude, can you really compare and play these for hours like you can newer games like WoW and stuff?"

And he said, "well no of course not, its just for some quick fun here and there."

And even the Zelda game felt the same way, no challenge, just the same mundane task over and over. Their games are so repetitive and boring, nothing new ever comes out. I think they need a new breath of life into the company, take some more third party developer chances and get some games back to the console that are worth playing.

I agree Zelda and Mario are classics and probably some of the best characters/games ever, but now its just the same rehashed content over and over, on a console that makes me feel like Iam playing a gamecube.

As a long time gamer/nintendo fan and all over tech nerd, Nintendo has really dropped the ball compared to what they used to be and they need to re-think their ideas and offer the hardcore gamer better incentives, because as of now I can just play better games, on my comp without having to buy exclusive content or systems and never have to look back at any of the consoles fighting for my bid.

Which I will have NO qualms about doing for the rest of my life, assuming they keep releasing more and more expensive garbage with less and less actual stuff in it.
    Wow, who let the children post?

Tech nerd? You're a tech nerd, and you are talking about nintendo's hardware being bad? ALL current consoles are shit. Nintendos is at least energy efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    i love this argument. "oh they do ANOTHER mario kart".
    They dont get, that nintendo does 1 mario kart per system, while CoD,battlefield/assassins creed/"insert-random-ea sportsgame" release one game a year.

Those fanboys just see "oh another mario game". They dont want to acknowledge that just because mario is in the game, it is still a completly different game/experience. 2D-Mario-Sidescroller, 3d mario (galaxy), mario kart , ssb, mario party, mario sport , whatever, are completly different games. The only aspects of all is that it features the same hero.
    Each new release is a new adventure. Skyward sword and Twilight princess are similar, but are far from copies. COD is the same game with new graphics... this year a dog, every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post

Sorry, if you want games that are more than generic rehashed bullshit with more cutscene than actual game, better suck it up and buy a Wii U. At least their "rehashed" franchises actually try to introduce new gameplay with each new iteration...

The day Nintendo games show up on a PS/Xbox is the day I quit console gaming for good.
    Rehashed bullshit...And we're all wetting our pants over zelda, mario, super smash bros and bayonetta 2..ironic. Games that I love btw, but the console is tripe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    By expand do you just mean better graphics? Sony has guidelines. Sony benefits from the DLC much more than the designers do.

If Nintendo made games for Sony.... Mario will now be a FPS with sooo many DLC and a 7 hour single player campaign...and finally...... online play where diff marios fight each other with guns....... thats just.... dumb
    Exactly. Or as what actually happens in the Gaming industry?

"Oh, you wanted to release a platformer. Well, we have a first party platformer here, so we're gonna ask you to stop development and release it at a worse time."

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Rehashed bullshit...And we're all wetting our pants over zelda, mario, super smash bros and bayonetta 2..ironic.
    May I introduce you to Ratchet and Clank.

It has had over 8 main games in two generations.

Zelda has had over 6 main games in 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also good guy/scum bag nintendo

the wiimote proved your gfs arm is never actually tired :P shes just tired of you XD

HAH, Bullshit. Literal Bullshit.
    How is it bullshit.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-launch-of-ps4
    It sounds like PlayStation 4 has been and will be a more profitable piece of hardware for Sony than PlayStation 3.

"Unlike PS3, we are not planning a major loss to be incurred with the launch of PS4," said Sony CFO Masaru Kato during an earnings call that ended moments ago.

"At the time we developed PS3, we made a lot of in-house investments to develop the chip, the Cell chip. Development of the chip saw the silicon processing and all the facilities invested by us ourselves. But this time, yes we have a team working on chip development, but we already have existing technology to incorporate and also product investment and all the facilities will now be invested by our partners, other foundries, so we don't have to make all the investment in-house
    And this was posted right after the Ps4 Reveal so I really don't know how you are calling bullshit on it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Your "Solution" is stupid. Period.

Firstly, the developers don't face a problem with the Screen pad. It is not a requirement by nintendo to use the gamepad directly in any developments, it's up to the developers themselves.

Secondly, you cite the Six Axis pad as something beyond an aborted fetus of pad design that slips and slides and cramps hands in anyone who is not a tiny japanese girl.

Thirdly, you fail to realize that specs do not make a console, and indeed a console does not make a game, considering Super Mario galaxy was one of the best looking games last generation and was on the Wii of all things.

Nintendo have a policy of purposely limiting themselves, because it forces their developers to think and create better games.

What you want is Nintendo to make another Playstation, a soul-less machine made of second grade PC parts so it can port games easier.
    ...I talk about the buttons... and you talk about the screen pad. OK then...

Secondly - it's a Dual-Shock controller. The Six Axis is done and buried. That was, like, circa 2006 somewhere... and I argue that the Dualshock is still one of the most comfortable controllers on the market. Your assertion of "tiny japanese girl" is laughable.

I do realize that specs don't make a console... but specs do determine a SUCCESSFUL console and who wants to develop for it - otherwise the Dreamcast would be the #1 console today. :P

Holy hell is that DELUSIONAL...

Dude, their "policy" (that has never been a policy) only happened because they didn't want to play chicken with Microsoft Xbox while Sony did. That's not meant as an insult towards Nintendo... it was actually a VERY smart business decision on Nintendo's part simply because they're not a technology giant like MS and Sony. They simply CAN'T compete with those companies RnD departments on hardware of that level - let alone start gambling on system profit-loosing system designs. It had nothing to do with some dumb mentality of "forcing people to create better games"... where the HELL did you get that brain-dead idea from!? :P

But here in the real world - developers love stats because it allows them to creatively make more with them. Why do you think so many INDY developers are heading to PS4 and not the Wii-U?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Also good guy/scum bag nintendo

the wiimote proved your gfs arm is never actually tired :P shes just tired of you XD
    OMG that's fucking epic man..Gotta save this line.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post

Whats the "new" thing in those 20 Call of Duty/battlefield games, that were released in the past 5 years. Or the 5? assassins creed games, that pretty much all are the same? And dont say "THEY GOT NEW WEAPONS AND NEW MAPS LOL"
    People just buy them like zombies because "its the new one, nobody gonna play the old one". Thats btw the reason, why microsoft wants to restrict reselling. Because people like to resell the last-year version.
    Why limit it to CoD and Battlefield?

What was ever new in Killzone? Or Halo? Or God of War?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    OMG that's fucking epic man..Gotta save this line.....

make it ur sig and quote me

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How is it bullshit.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-launch-of-ps4

And this was posted right after the Ps4 Reveal so I really don't know how you are calling bullshit on it.
    THANK you for having that readily available - I was resisting the want to hunt that piece down to show people. :P