Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDragon91 View Post
    Troll Topic confirmed..Really Hardware ?? Totally shoot yourself in the Foot..Troll..no wonder why you want Nintenod games..BECAUSE OF GAMPLAY..Wahahahahaha..Totally pwnd yourself..no wonder why Nintendo Beats Eggbox and PS..
    Gameplay =/= Hardware.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yes... because I believe it's not limiting this man - it's EXPANDING what this man could do for games and the industry. That man could help bring more variety to the modern gaming world and help us get out of this glut of brainless shooters and... SHOOTERS... >_<

...except on Xbone... that is, quite literally, an imposition of restricting limitations. :P
    It is limiting when you are expected to churn out a new title every 365 days in order to make money. That's how companies like Activision and EA roll as 3rd party developers, if you really don't think they wouldn't wind up making mediocre games like those kinds of 3rd party studios, you are a fool.

Nintendo get's all the freedom in the world to make games their way with their own consoles, using their own control schemes and hardware that they know how to design for. What makes you think a console like the PS4 or Xbone which at this frame in time have proven nothing and that they really aren't in a whole different league from the Wii U in terms of power, would be better on a platform that is more of the same and has no new control features that developers want to work with?

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    You Nintendo fanboys need to remove your head from WAYYYY out your ass. They havnt made a decent game or piece of hardware, IN YEARS!

I know, I own a Wii, I bought it at launch. I used to be a HUGE nintendo fan, my sis and I both had our own NES in like 1992. I had every game, it was amazing. No one stood up against Nintendo.

And then they fucked themselves with the gamecube, no one wanted the same games we wanted updated graphics. And if you say you dont need good graphics, then I dont take your opinion seriously. Because good graphics makes EVERY game immersible, without them they wouldnt be half as endearing. And it counts for ALL generations because 32-bit was revolutionary back then, not so much now, but back then it had ALOT to do with the games success.

You cant make a game look dirtier then the last and expect more sales. It doesnt work like that. They should have put more money into making the console run more efficiently with more power. Then the Wii comes out and to try and stay cheap and with their trend it comes out with less power then the next gens still, pissing people off again. And trying to shove these interactive games down everyones throat. I dont care who you are, but if you play interactive games as much as most gamers do hardcore games, your not a gamer to me.

Anyone can grab a controller and throw something, most hardcore games require tremendous hand-eye coordination and timing. Thats a TOTALLY different style of gaming. So that made me and all of my friends not want to buy anything Nintendo related anymore. And then a few months back one of my friends comes over with his decked out Wii full of games and everything Nintendo under the sun.

He busted out the new Galaxy and started playing and after 10 minutes I was falling asleep. I coulnt handle it, I even asked him. "Dude, can you really compare and play these for hours like you can newer games like WoW and stuff?"

And he said, "well no of course not, its just for some quick fun here and there."

And even the Zelda game felt the same way, no challenge, just the same mundane task over and over. Their games are so repetitive and boring, nothing new ever comes out. I think they need a new breath of life into the company, take some more third party developer chances and get some games back to the console that are worth playing.

I agree Zelda and Mario are classics and probably some of the best characters/games ever, but now its just the same rehashed content over and over, on a console that makes me feel like Iam playing a gamecube.

As a long time gamer/nintendo fan and all over tech nerd, Nintendo has really dropped the ball compared to what they used to be and they need to re-think their ideas and offer the hardcore gamer better incentives, because as of now I can just play better games, on my comp without having to buy exclusive content or systems and never have to look back at any of the consoles fighting for my bid.

Which I will have NO qualms about doing for the rest of my life, assuming they keep releasing more and more expensive garbage with less and less actual stuff in it.
    You know nothing of hardware
    You've never owned a wii (facted from all your youtube arguments) and the fact you compared gameplay in Super mario galaxy to wow. Wow, just wow.
    "Same mundane task over and over" - Hi, welcome to gaming, you must be 12 and new here.
    Playing video games does not make you a tech nerd.
    Nintendo isn't made for hardcore gamers (again you must be 12 and new to nintendo), it never has been.
    Requiring hand eye coordination doesn't make a game hardcore. I'm starting to thing you should look up hardcore.

But the icing on the cake "Because good graphics makes EVERY game immersible, without them they wouldnt be half as endearing." Proves you know NOTHING about gaming, maybe you're only 10 years old, not 12.

That must be why hundreds of millions are spent every year by consumers on pre-next gen consoles (SNES, Genesis on back). Hell there's even one today that millions of people are addicted to, maybe you've heard of it, minecraft?

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Am I the only one who wishes Nintendo would just give up on making bullshit systems and just port their IPs to Xbox and Playstation? I'll give them some credit, they definitely found a way to stay alive with Wii when their hardware was far behind Sony and Microsoft. But the Wii U... just sucks. Ever since the Gamecube I haven't bought a Nintendo system - they just don't get a great assortment of games.

I want Zelda, Mario and DK on my Xbox One/PS4.

Sorry, just hate every time I read about a new Zelda game coming out and know I won't be playing it because I'd have to essentially pay $300 for the system and the game.
    They'll consider it as soon as they aren't the biggest selling console, and aren't making massive profits from it.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep on dreaming while Nintendo continues to laugh at you from their mountain of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    You know nothing of hardware
    You've never owned a wii (facted from all your youtube arguments) and the fact you compared gameplay in Super mario galaxy to wow. Wow, just wow.
    "Same mundane task over and over" - Hi, welcome to gaming, you must be 12 and new here.
    Playing video games does not make you a tech nerd.
    Nintendo isn't made for hardcore gamers (again you must be 12 and new to nintendo), it never has been.
    Requiring hand eye coordination doesn't make a game hardcore. I'm starting to thing you should look up hardcore.

But the icing on the cake "Because good graphics makes EVERY game immersible, without them they wouldnt be half as endearing." Proves you know NOTHING about gaming, maybe you're only 10 years old, not 12.

That must be why hundreds of millions are spent every year by consumers on pre-next gen consoles (SNES, Genesis on back). Hell there's even one today that millions of people are addicted to, maybe you've heard of it, minecraft?

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 09:10 PM ----------

They'll consider it as soon as they aren't the biggest selling console, and aren't making massive profits from it.
    I would never accuse anyone of never owning a Wii, just like PS2 because they sold extremely well.
    Hey everyone

Nintendo has really put a sour taste into my mouth since the wii. They are a one trick pony, and after 20 years, i'm so tired of that trick. Zelda and stuff is fun... but...

--snip-- posted that in the wrong thread mybad lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-06-12 at 10:51 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Devirae View Post
    Keep on dreaming while Nintendo continues to laugh at you from their mountain of gold.
    Obviously they are still doing great, but from a lot of articles I read I was under the impression the Wii U was underperforming. I don't have any sources to link because - quite honestly - I don't keep track of that stuff, so take that with a grain of salt. If anyone has any info though, please link.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who wishes Microsoft would just give up on making bullshit systems and just port their IPs to Wii U and Playstation? I'll give them some credit, they definitely found a way to stay alive with Xbox when their hardware was on par with Sony. But the Xbox One... just sucks. Ever since the Xbox I haven't bought a Microsoft system - they just don't get a great assortment of games.

I want Halo, Gears of War and Fable on my Wii U/PS4.

Sorry, just hate every time I read about a new Halo game coming out and know I won't be playing it because I'd have to essentially pay $500 for the system and the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Am I the only one who wishes Microsoft would just give up on making bullshit systems and just port their IPs to Wii U and Playstation? I'll give them some credit, they definitely found a way to stay alive with Xbox when their hardware was on par with Sony. But the Xbox One... just sucks. Ever since the Xbox I haven't bought a Microsoft system - they just don't get a great assortment of games.

I want Halo, Gears of War and Fable on my Wii U/PS4.

Sorry, just hate every time I read about a new Halo game coming out and know I won't be playing it because I'd have to essentially pay $500 for the system and the game.
    Wii U and Playstation aren't in the same class, which is why your attempt at being clever failed. It's obvious Sony and Microsoft are direct competitors while Nintendo does their own thing. And while I don't blame them, I still wish they would port their IPs to the... more hardcore? systems.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-06-13 at 02:45 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wii U and Playstation aren't in the same class, which is why your attempt at being clever failed.
    Wrong. Sony isn't making a massive profit on the PS4, Nintendo isn't making one on the Wii U either. What makes you think the PS4 outclasses the Wii U? All 3 consoles are closer in power then people think.

I hope Nintendo doesn't give up their console division. If they drop out then we'll be left with Microsoft and Sony for consoles, and those two are all for stupid DRMs.
    As to comments about people wishing Nintendo would focus their efforts on reviving old IPs by going exclusively software....Sega tried that, how well did that go? Seriously, if you're in the console market and you can make your own console, don't EVER-EVER drop the ability to make consoles. The Nintendo systems may not be as amazing hardware wise as their competitors, but that's ok, their competitors have pretty piss poor hardware as well. Neither Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft have really put in the effort to make anything bleeding edge as far as a console goes, they've all stuck with cheap parts to make a cheap computer that uses a gamepad, and then overcharge you for the name written on the box.
    All of that being said I would like to point out who exactly brought motion involvement to gaming in a more mainstream fashion. Sony and Microsoft were not willing to try and gamble on such tech or angles. Also I would like to note that Nintendo is one of the more liquid corporations in the world. They could build a Scrooge Mc'Duck swimming pool of gold without having to sell anything. They really aren't going anywhere.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Deleted
    Wii U and Playstation aren't in the same class, which is why your attempt at being clever failed. It's obvious Sony and Microsoft are direct competitors while Nintendo does their own thing. And while I don't blame them, I still wish they would port their IPs to the... more hardcore? systems.
    I know alot of people who only play on their Xbox / playstation because of exclusives. So why is it so different for Wii U?

Deleted
    I love Nintendo consoles They have the exact same amount of exclusive coming out as Xbone and PS4 combined which is great. I want 12/13 of them.

I do not want to have to follow Microshits policies if I want to play Nintendo games. And I am glad I will not have to :>. Sony/Nintendo on the other hand, I could learn to live with (hypothetically).... but it will never happen, they have different views and audiences. And Nintendo really seems against forcing their customers to pay for online.

Thankfully anything I want to play on XB1 or PS4 is coming to either PC or the WiiU so this console generation for me is great.

The waggle controls REALLY were off putting for me initially. I learned to love them and it seems with WiiU they are really downplaying that side. And my goodness if Nintendo Land does not provided some real hardcore gaming experience along with amazing party play. Getting platinum's across the board really separates the men from the boys and the 2 player is hilarious, we have so many guests coming around just for a few games!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Wrong. Sony isn't making a massive profit on the PS4, Nintendo isn't making one on the Wii U either. What makes you think the PS4 outclasses the Wii U? All 3 consoles are closer in power then people think.
    I'm sorry, but what?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS...mparison_Chart

Xbox has four times the RAM of the Wii U, and PS4 has four times the ram that is better at handling large graphic-related files than the Wii U.

The Wii-U has an old CPU as well, and the Xboxone and PS4 both have much better (8-core) cpu's fondling different things.

Now, if you are trying to say 'The PS3 and 360 are closer in power to the Wii-U than people think', you would be correct. The Wii-U is as powerful as gen 7 (which is the current gen), it doesn't have the power to compete with Gen 8 Consoles.

Deleted
    I think once their IPs go third party, instead of first/second party, the quality will plummet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have this great idea, what if our memory of video games was destroyed (along with all the technology) back to the early 90's. I think I have the best point here... But I wonder if anyone can get what I'm getting at.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I think once their IPs go third party, instead of first/second party, the quality will plummet.
    The legend of zelda: A link to the DLC!
    Ocarina of time master quest DLC
    Majora's mask, need more days to complete the game? DLC!

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to buy a Wii-U to play with my friends and family. Mario Kart, Wii-u Party, Mario 3d world etc etc, but they have made it so complicated. There is only 1 wii-u controller screen, so now what, buy some wii-controllers, use 3ds's or buy normal controllers which has a maximum of 2. Wayyyyyy too complicated and expensive to buy.

With all of their IP's, if they would release an equally strong (as Ps4/xboxOne) system with normal controllers and having full 3rd party support again, they would win this generation of the console war in their sleep. It just pains me seeing all of these great games going to waste on a Wii-U that noone is buying.

They arent going anywhere, if im not mistaken Wii was the most sold console past generation
    That's because they make inferior consoles that are catered to kids and old people (the most common demographic out there) and sell them for 1/3 the price of current gen systems.

It's like comparing Walmart shoes to Nike. You can bet your ass Walmart sells far more shoes than Nike, but that's because there is an $60 price difference.