Deleted
    "Grimoire of sacrifices damage bonus has been reduced to 5% for all specs, beacuse we didnt like it"
    "All mage damage has been buffed by 30%, it should now be in line with the other classes"
    "Chaos bolt damage has been reduced by 10%, tripple dips resillence"
    "Gateway debuff has been increased by 2 mins, it was to mandatoy in raids - gc"
    Possible patch notes if the devs wants to be jerks

Mod edit: These are false patch notes, read the last line of the post.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-08-11 at 12:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Unending resolve will be gone from your spellbook when using the glyph, in other words, the silence immunity will be gone.
    We are loosing our aura mastery, but we gain a lotof passive damage mitigation.
    Unending resolve glyph ----> 10%
    Pvp trinket ---> 10%
    Soul link ---> 20%
    I don't know how the ability scale each others... But a passive "40%" reduction it seems really nice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    don't forget, GC said locks and mages are too high so expect nerfs to Warlocks
    Fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    That seems much more accurate ... maybe just add like a 15% buff to nether tempest to be safe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    We are loosing our aura mastery, but we gain a lotof passive damage mitigation.
    Unending resolve glyph ----> 10%
    Pvp trinket ---> 10%
    Soul link ---> 20%
    I don't know how the ability scale each others... But a passive "40%" reduction it seems really nice!
    They scale differently, 0,9 * 0,9 * 0,8 = ~65% damage taken, so ~35% reduction. Still very strong of course, and we get a lot of self-healing on top of that.

Fixed that for you.
    Agreed. The mage mastery revamp did NOTHING to their burst. They can still down you in one Deep Freeze. It's RIDICULOUS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Agreed. The mage mastery revamp did NOTHING to their burst. They can still down you in one Deep Freeze. It's RIDICULOUS.
    Blizzard says no so nerf locks to compensate. Am I doing this right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    They scale differently, 0,9 * 0,9 * 0,8 = ~65% damage taken, so ~35% reduction. Still very strong of course, and we get a lot of self-healing on top of that.
    THX for the math! On the ptr, glyphed harvest Life is healing a lot. For a full cast around 300k. Not counting battle fatgue and pvp Power.

Deleted
    I think it's strange, that some people here say, that Warlocks and mages are by far the best dds, so Warlocks have to be nerfed.
    First of all. True Warlocks are good dds. But OP ist just ONE trinket and just based on that to nerf warlocks is just a little bit meh. Without it, we are still very strong, but not OP.
    Second. Why can't Warlocks be the best DDs? Have i overlooked somewhere in the classdescription a paragraph, which states, that Wls should be weaker, than mages, hunter, rogues, SP, ele, enh a.s.o.?
    Third thing is. Didn't GC say, that WLs are exactly there, where they want them to be (PVE-damage)?

People are talking about what has happened previously. Warlocks tend to get nerfed faster than, say, mages.

is RPPM no longer benefit from haste ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    is RPPM no longer benefit from haste ?
    nope, they dont benefit from haste anymore, well some does, others dont. as a result they have gotten their rppm tweaked a bit, like wushoolay's final choice on the ptr has a rppm of 1,21 but half the duration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    People are talking about what has happened previously. Warlocks tend to get nerfed faster than, say, mages.
    so, true, locks tend to get nerfed a couple of days after blizz discover they are OP, mage get nerfed a couple of months after blizz discover they are a OP or not at all.

Deleted
    5.4 is looking really nice now, i mean look at harvest life or glyphed resolve with soul link etc coupled with pvp trinkets could be fun
    But i can guess the incoming "Mastery no longer increases dmg in metamorph or - Destro mastery no longer increases cb dmg or - affli mastery no longer affects dots but malefic grasp instead"
    Oh wait i forget one! "Archimondes darkness now gives you 2 ds charges but reduces the potency of it by 50%"
    Wait! I got one more! "Haunt damage has been reduced by 40%"
    I hope they fix destro ember regen though but the inevitetable "You no longer gain ember bits from incinerate"

Mod edit: These are false patchnotes, meant as a sarcastic joke.

Thank you mod, i forget to add that
    Last edited by mmoc0d5dc6f168; 2013-08-11 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    so, true, locks tend to get nerfed a couple of days after blizz discover they are OP, mage get nerfed a couple of months after blizz discover they are a OP or not at all.
    25% Corruption nerf, day after the patch release- never forgive, never forget

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    Wait what?!? Did I miss the part where mastery no longer affects meta damage or are you just trolling me?
    No he's making up false patch notes, I'll add mod warnings to his posts to make sure noone else makes your mistake.

Let this also be a warning that if you are going to make up false changes you'd better make damn sure people understand they are fake, to prevent misunderstandings like this. On the whole though I'd prefer people NOT make up false patchnotes, because of things like this happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    25% Corruption nerf, day after the patch release- never forgive, never forget
    Funny, it was that stupid hotfix and the reasoning behind it that prompted me to quit wow with little to no desire to come back. That and the way my old guild did loot.

Came back in June to catch up then I just saw how the ptr was breaking my will and desire to play even more. Oddly enough on illidan, we are having a hell of a time trying to find a pug to finish TOT. I still have the lfr UVLS trinket, which with the new RPPM mechanics has a terrible proc rate come next tier. So while I have had no other luck with trinkets from both regular or LFR, I will be forced into using UVLS LFR version and praying for my first proc 6 mins into the fight.

So here I am stuck with a 517 ilv on the edge of the last few weeks being able to do relatively good damage with my trinkets. We will still be progressing and wrapping up in TOT while people are tearing up SoO. Meanwhile my damage is gimped because Blizz thinks that my class is overpowered. I guess they don't want to punish lower geared fire mages from feeling the nerfs, but a demo lock? Fat chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Probably "we feel that nerfing / butchering affliction and demonology will help bring the specs more balance and give warlocks the choice to play destruction as well since it's numbers dropped from RoF ember generation." "we also feel that hunters and disc priests need buffs in pvp because we thought 50% was a little low for comp/class representation." "also, we feel like mages need buffs because we buff them every tier."
    ಠ_ಠ

I feel that my money will get more use being spent on alcohol and other vices than your addictive electronic crack, Mr. Street. Tally Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No he's making up false patch notes, I'll add mod warnings to his posts to make sure noone else makes your mistake.

Let this also be a warning that if you are going to make up false changes you'd better make damn sure people understand they are fake, to prevent misunderstandings like this. On the whole though I'd prefer people NOT make up false patchnotes, because of things like this happening.
    To be fair, I thought it was fairly obvious.

Regardless, I'm very anxious about the tuning pass. The last time they "tuned" Destro we thought that it would have been enough, but at the time we were working with a false LMG PPM value.

Speaking of which, I wonder when they are going to release the Cape's values...

Deleted
    Cape values are in already, 67k damage over 4s with aoe, ~4 RPPM. Doing 3-4% of damage for me on testing, a bit more on heavy aoe fights. Could be chaged ofc, like everything on PTR.

Cape values are in already, 67k damage over 4s with aoe, ~4 RPPM. Doing 3-4% of damage for me on testing, a bit more on heavy aoe fights. Could be chaged ofc, like everything on PTR.
    By values I meant something official concerning their proc rates per spec/class like we got for the Meta gems.

Deleted
    How much % of your damage it does is irrelevant, because you can do your rotation properly or you can screw it up royally and the amount of dmg done by the cloak will be the same.

If it's supposed to do 67k with RPPM = 4, then the proc itself should be about 4.5k extra dps single target. If 4.5k dps is 3-4% of your total dmg, then you're doing barely over 100k dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    By values I meant something official concerning their proc rates per spec/class like we got for the Meta gems.
    Why would there be class/spec specific proc rates? It's a proc with an instant effect (gives a fixed dmg dot for everyone), not a buff that gives some stats (in which case it might have been better for certain classes more than others). With the PTR numbers, every caster with the cloak should get ~4.5k dps extra single target.