Thx Fanatik.

In regards to destro, there is room to simply buff CB dmg as a solution to having less embers. Less # of higher dmg CB's could be balanced. CB dmg in pvp right now not really spectacular since the 25% less dmg to players change.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Good post Fanatik, nice bundeling of relevant stuff. GC usually makes sense when he says these things, it's just a shame it's after he made previous changes that *also* made sense and now have to be reverted. Guess some sense is more equal then others, or something.
    What I want to know is, what exactly is their endgame with KJC and the entire 90 tier. MF will always be situational. In 5.4, you will use it when you need to burst a large area down filled with targets. You can also use it as a slight dps gain for Demo/Destro on light-movement single-target fights. AV, the way I have seen this talent, is designed to be a personal disengage talent for those PVP situations where you are being bursted. In PVE, you exploit its reflective nature and it really comes down to holding it until you find a situation where you can take the most damage for 8 seconds without dying (this is a terrible concept!). KJC almost feels like its the default talent of choice.
    Last edited by Fanatik; 2013-06-19 at 11:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    KJC almost feels like its the default talent of choice.
    It will be, regardless. Unless they make AV stupid good, which I don't see happening.

I don't see our 90 talents surviving in the next expansion release. They will likely try to remove them all, and fine tune the specs so they are not as deterred by movement. If it doesn't work out well enough, and they have better plans for our 90 talent row (or 95 at that time, idk) they might just give us current PTR KJC in some form as a baseline high level spell.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Warlock
    • Metamorphosis: Void Ray:While using Metamorphosis, your Fel Flame spell transforms into Void Ray. Deals [ 561 + 21% 24% of Spell Power ] Shadowflame damage to all enemies in a 20 yard line and increases the duration of Corruption by 4 sec. Warlock - Demonology Spec. Warlock - Demonology Spec.

Does Blizzard have no idea how this spec even works? Do they just pick ideas out of hats from the Mage forums?

Deleted
    Ghost Crawler Giveth.
    Item - Warlock T16 2P Bonus (New) Conflagrate has a 20% chance to increase the critical strike chance of Immolate and Incinerate by 15%. Unstable Affliction critical hits have a 40% chance to increase all damaging effects of Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul by 30%

Ghost Crawler Taketh away.
    Looking specifically at Affliction, we're lowering the bonus damage that Malefic Grasp provides and moving that damage over into Haunt and the DoT effects themselves to compensate. We still want Malefic Grasp to be your primary filler for single target DPS, but this will make it a bit less punishing when you can't afford to channel it (especially in PvP).

and the bold part is why.

Seems to be the trend for the entire expansion where locks are concerned. Get a nerf and the only way to over-come it, or get get back to where we where is with a set bonus.

Tired of this shit, and its all down to PVP'ers moaning.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9309301938
    In a future PTR build, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning will once again be a passive effect. Selecting it will allow the Warlock to cast Malefic Grasp, Shadow Bolt, and Incinerate while moving. There is no penalty, so you'll be able to move at full speed.

Now that's a change I did not expect.

Dafuk!

Edit; I meant that as in that's a good change. I can live with that.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Deleted
    Very good news for KJC

Now about the Tier set bonus :
    Conflagrate critical strikes have a 20% chance to increase the critical strike chance of Immolate and Incinerate by 15%.
    So... Let's say we have 20% crit.
    We have 20% chance, to have 20% chance, to increase our critical strike chance by 15%. Seriously ?

Still with 20% crit chance (out of Dark Soul), it means we can get the effect around every 25 Conflagrate, which has a 12 sec cooldown : every 5 min ? And the effect isn't even nice, I hope there will be more iterations on this bonus.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-06-19 at 11:46 PM.

The new thought on KJC is nice though I wonder if they will increase the demo and aff execute spells or not. As well, the idea on how to make AV actually attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Very good news for KJC

We have 20% chance, to have 20% chance, to increase our critical strike chance by 15%. Seriously ?

Still with 20% crit chance (out of Dark Soul), it means we can get the effect around every 25 Conflagrate, with has a 12 sec cooldown : every 5 min ? And the effect isn't even nice, I hope there will be more iterations on this bonus.
    Blizzard vs. Math at it's finest

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    and the bold part is why.

Seems to be the trend for the entire expansion where locks are concerned. Get a nerf and the only way to over-come it, or get get back to where we where is with a set bonus.

Tired of this shit, and its all down to PVP'ers moaning.
    It's not that PVP players are moaning, its to redistribute our damage as we are becoming less mobile. Our damage through affliction is balanced around being able to MG a target, now that our mobility is being gutted from the class, we just can't have MG be the majority source of all of our damage. We can't move all the damage into haunt and DoTs because of cleaving but we can't also leave all of our damage in a 3s channel. As for the 2pc, remember that the 30% MG/DS comes isn't permanent (40% on UA Tick Crit), its just a bonus.

JUST KIDDING, now I need to re-evaluate all the changes with the new passive KJC...
    Last edited by Fanatik; 2013-06-19 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that latest KJC intention change is a HUGE one. Never saw that one coming, I fully expected them to stay the course on it. Good news indeed, I'll start getting the OP of this thread up to date!

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Very good news for KJC

Still with 20% crit chance (out of Dark Soul), it means we can get the effect around every 25 Conflagrate, with has a 12 sec cooldown : every 5 min ? And the effect isn't even nice, I hope there will be more iterations on this bonus.
    That's not how random number generators work...

It would be (Crit chance)*(RPPM Rate).

Deleted
    There is no mention of a changing chance, why would you include RPPM ?

Now, the big question is how will they buff AV to match new KJC and new MF ?? GC has said it won't work by standing in fire, so ... ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Hmm... Ok that is better. I will still miss KJC protection against knockbacks or various other movement interrupts to chaos bolt LONG cast time... Anyway...
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Yes. Again, PTR is PTR and anything can change, but we do like how the new Mannoroth's Fury makes it a clear DPS boost in AoE situations.
    I like how this is totally the opposite of what they originally wanted with the talents of the lvl 90 row

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    It's not that PVP players are moaning, its to redistribute our damage as we are becoming less mobile. Our damage through affliction is balanced around being able to MG a target, now that our mobility is being gutted from the class, we just can't have MG be the majority source of all of our damage. We can't move all the damage into haunt and DoTs because of cleaving but we can't also leave all of our damage in a 3s channel. As for the 2pc, remember that the 30% MG/DS comes isn't permanent (40% on UA Tick Crit), its just a bonus.

JUST KIDDING, now I need to re-evaluate all the changes with the new passive KJC... something tells me shadowburn is getting a cast time to bring it in line with drain soul and soul fire.
    Shadowburn is not a filler, tho.

And I think it's an acceptable tradeoff ... execute range but need to move for a few seconds, just use MG / SB instead of DS / SF ... of course it's a dps loss but they say they want movement to be a damage loss. We said we didn't want a huge re-balancing act, and that if they wanted to remove the fun factor of caster movement to wait until 6.0. I think this is a fair compromise.

Also this would just wind up being a small relative buff for Destro compared to Afflic/Demo, which I think is fair and warranted.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

New questions!!!! Does fel flame and void ray get reverted back? Will shadowburn gain a cast time in order to bring it in line with drain soul and soul fire? Are we still getting a damage redistribution with Affliction?

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Shadowburn is not a filler, tho.
    But neither are drain soul and soul fire during non-execution periods.