Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They forgot that AS has been buffed: it should have been +165% and not +150%...

How to remove a buff to compensate a nerf in the next patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    all specs get 2 RF at the start of a boss fight, so thats pretty much invalid response
    But during your first RF you are still going to have 15 seconds of where the two piece can't work. That would be where you'd use aimed shot, after that, I don't know.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Even under ideal circumstances, i.e. BM spamming Arcane Shot over KC with the new changes to AS, the 2pc is still absolutely atrocious. I wouldn't even bother trying to work out how to maneuver around it (especially as lolMM) since it will more than likely change.

Deleted
    it's very early ptr (first patch notes) but i think the 2 set is blizzards way of bringing MM up to par with the other specs since rapid fire is more valuable to the spec. I believe aimed shot will be added to the list to decrease rapid fire considering with our 2 set in 5.2 they added aimed shot to it in ptr as to allow aimed hard casts. It's probably just an over sight again so don't worry too much atm.

The spirit bond buff will also help cushion the loss of stampede + spirit bond for soloing. I believe iron hawk will still be better just not as strong, but still 10% damage reduction or a strong HoT essential is still ALOT better than what we had last expansion =]

I have my own views on the silencing shot, binding shot change but most have already been expressed or will be to higher degree by someone else.
    BUT GUYS i dont know if anyone brought this up yet but the chnage to glyph of no escape? =O i know 20% increased crit was nothing realy before but 100% crit while aoeing adds sounds petty ridulous! early ptr though =p

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The T16 bonuses do not appear to be kind to the BM spec, in my opinion. I could be wrong, but they seem to favour MM more (and SV to a lesser extent).

Not a problem really though. If need be, I'll just race-change to a Troll come 5.4, and let loose with MM.

Deleted
    Making AiS 2s cast AND letting auto shots through again would have been the MM-Fix imo... I wonder if they ever gonna make AS pure spell ability and not still physical ability transformed into spell dmg

Deleted
    Problem with 2 set bonus is it force us to use (second) Reediness as soon as possible. I believe this set could give us additional RF before second Red (If I'm not mistaken my Red comes off CD when RF has around 60 sec left).
    Again set would be useful depending how long does the fight last. Issue here is sooner or later all fights in the tier drops few minutes in length as guild gears up making this bonus less and less powerful.

On the other hand, 4 set, at least on paper, looks like pretty strong for BM (in build mini rentaki). Remember that AS if buffed quite heavy in 5.4. Focus cost is still low enough to be spammable. For MM and SV, it's adding spike damage, but it's not so controllable.

In my eyes, Iron Hawk will still be first and only choice. After all, my job is to survive (if I die I can have 10 buttons to heal me up, they are useless), healer job is to heal me. This is more nerf to healing classes then to us.

Glyph is for CC trap, not snare one. And this one is really - W-T-F? Day ago they nerfed Stampede into the ground to tune PvP hunters down, now they are giving them brust damage? What...? How...? Why...?

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Glyph of no escape looks OP 100% crit? Its like a deep freeze
    It looks OP to those that don't know the difference between Freezing Trap and Ice Trap. It will continue to be ignored by all PVPers and PVEers.

kinda meh on most of it, I just don't want to lose access to Silencing shot as Survival

As much as I hate Silencing shot from hunters, since Blanket Silences seem to me to be the laziest of interrupts. I still Understand the need for hunter specs to have an interrupt.

Maybe an Idea for Blizzard would be:

Baseline Talent - All Specs - Flashbang:

A sudden explosive device shot at the target momentarily surprises them, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 5 sec.

But have MM have a passive skill called - Silencing Flash:

Causes your Flashbang to Silence for 3 secs in addition to current effects.

This removes the Loss of an interrupt for Hunters, and allows MM to go back to being the Silence Shot users.

Just a thought
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Coming from just a PVE standpoint, we need some kind of interrupt, it doesn't have to have a silence on it but we need some kind of interrupt in every spec. We would basically be the only class without one.

The AotIH nerf has been coming for a while now. 15% was just too powerful for PvE, and there's little reason to choose anything else for 90%+ of encounters. I routinely take less damage than anyone else in the raid.

We'll see what this buff to Spirit Bond will do. If you have 500k HP, it will do 7500 HPS. That's a considerable amount if there's any ticking damage during a fight. As always, it's still a balance between "not getting killed" and "amount of time spent below 100% HP", but the balance will probably be 50/50 now, rather than 95/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The AotIH nerf has been coming for a while now. 15% was just too powerful for PvE, and there's little reason to choose anything else for 90%+ of encounters. I routinely take less damage than anyone else in the raid.

We'll see what this buff to Spirit Bond will do. If you have 500k HP, it will do 7500 HPS. That's a considerable amount if there's any ticking damage during a fight. As always, it's still a balance between "not getting killed" and "amount of time spent below 100% HP", but the balance will probably be 50/50 now, rather than 95/5.
    considering the amount of survival mages and warlocks possess i never saw AoTIH being OP. Even at 10% it will still be taken by everyone IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    kinda meh on most of it, I just don't want to lose access to Silencing shot as Survival
    It's interesting to see the contrast between the Hunter and Druid changes.

All druids take Nature's Swiftness. The response to this is to give it passively to everyone and invent a new talent.

All Hunters take Silencing Shot. The response it to take it away from 99.9% of the player base, leaving 3 niche talents that noone wants most of the time.

Wyvern and Binding Shot are great situational tools and being able to choose them when needed makes hunters powerful in PvE. Removing SS is incredibly regressive and severely hurts a class that already brings fewer tools to a raid than most others.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

Its going to be exactly the same as it is now IMO. You will still only take Spirit Bond on an encounter where you are below 100% a lot of the time. Those encounters are very few and far between. Most of the time, all spirit bond does is steal healing from the Healing Rain or Efflo you should be standing in. Iron Hawk will save you from dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    This isn't BC, and hasn't been for a long, LONG time.
    It was only for Marks in Wrath and Cataclysm as well. It's only in MoP that other specs have had access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Glyph of no escape looks OP 100% crit? Its like a deep freeze
    It lasts as long as the target is frozen by Freezing Trap, which breaks instantly on any damage. The only use it has is to get a guaranteed Powershot crit in. If the glyph was about Ice Trap, then it would be OP (guaranteed crits as long as the target remains in the trap area).

The old version of the glyph was utterly useless.

AS change is good, in regards to MM i haven't played it much in MoP but there's usually a formula for determining if its better to AiS or AS (used to be like 1.7s cast time > AS or something in cata).

Completely confused as to why they are removing our interrupt, dumb change.

They probably just missed putting Aimed Shot in the 2piece. I bet it`ll probably be changed to say Aimed shot reduces the cd by 4 seconds or something. That way the 4 piece and the 2 piece can work hand in hand, and gives MM good reason to drop arcane shot. Something I would be happy about tbh.

IDK why people are freaking out about AS being better than KC, that's clearly not going to happen. KC does easily over twice the damage of AS currently assuming you don't have a 549 weapon with 530 gear or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    IDK why people are freaking out about AS being better than KC, that's clearly not going to happen. KC does easily over twice the damage of AS currently assuming you don't have a 549 weapon with 530 gear or something.
    I got 549 Tortos bow, iLvl 532.. Is this bad? :c