Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I wonder if pooling them all would be beneficial on a fight like Nazgrim during the burn phase
    It probably will be considering 10 explosive shots back to back is something like 200k a tick so any fights with burn or damage mod it will probably be very powerful on. What i've been wondering is will it be worth it to pool a certain number of stacks (5 or so) so that you will basically be getting 7 explosive shots every LnL for the whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    Screwed around on the PTR for a bit testing out the set bonuses; completely uninspired as if the person(s) who came up with them had almost no clue on how Hunters play. Since Blizzard is married to buffing Arcane ("hai gaiz evry hnturr has arcane shot, foucuz change der!") then the next Tier should focus on it:

2pc: *should be centered around AS*

MM - Arcane now procs MMM buff
    SV - Arcane Shot reduces Black Arrow CD by 1sec per cast (5sec ICD)
    BM - Arcane Shot hits restore 5 focus to your pet.

4pc: *work off the 2pc buffs*

MM: After an Instant AiS, next hard cast AiS does 50% more damage. (no reduction on cast time)
    SV: Increase LnL charges to 4
    BM: KC causes the target to bleed for 20% of the damage dealt over 5 secs. (I'd like it to work off Basic Attack from pets instead of KC, but then KC would be ignored)

Just 5 mins spent on the porcelain throne thinking this up gave better ideas than the crap Blizzard is giving us. So sad.
    The 2 pc should not work off arcane shot because MM should not really be using arcane shot. The MM bonus would be nice though if we are being forced into arcane shot spam. You could do ss/cs and just change the MM bonus to something else like an aimed shot cast time reduction. That would work better with your 4pc since as it is right now(your proposal) the MM 2pc and 4pc work against each other, with one requiring arcane shot and the other aimed which are exclusive focus dumps.

I wonder if pooling them all would be beneficial on a fight like Nazgrim during the burn phase
    I'm pretty sure it makes you use them. If you use your two from LnL it consumes one charge of explosive expert regardless of you using it. Then if you don't want to waste that one you need to use it, but then it consumes the next charge.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm pretty sure it makes you use them. If you use your two from LnL it consumes one charge of explosive expert regardless of you using it. Then if you don't want to waste that one you need to use it, but then it consumes the next charge.
    Couldn't you just cancel lock n load after 2? I'll have to test it but I'm sure there's some way to cheese it.

Yup you can pool easily to 20, and the lock n load procs, increase your amount of procs. I casted around 40 back to back explosive shots. This is all with casting 2 explosive, cancelaura, 1 explosive.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-06-14 at 07:35 AM.

Couldn't you just cancel lock n load after 2? I'll have to test it but I'm sure there's some way to cheese it.

Yup you can pool easily to 20, and the lock n load procs, increase your amount of procs. I casted 40 back to back explosive shots. This is all with casting 2 explosive, cancelaura, 1 explosive.
    You are wasting some explosive shots then. If you use an LnL explosive shot it consumes a charge of explosive expert. Now you may have been getting explosive expert procs off of that so you didn't notice it consuming a proc, but I assure you you cannot do that, it won't work. Even if you are pooling some for a burst phase, it's not worth it. It would have to be at least ~100%+ increased damage (if not more) for it to be worth it since you are losing 100% of an explosive shot and thus losing the 40% chance to proc another explosive expert charge.

Here, I made a video explaining how it works, just turn on annotations and possibly pause the video (spacebar is awesome for this), because it goes by fast.

Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-06-14 at 08:09 AM.

You are wasting some explosive shots then. If you use an LnL explosive shot it consumes a charge of explosive expert. Now you may have been getting procs off of that so you didn't notice it consuming a proc, but I assure you you cannot do that, it won't work. Even if you are pooling some for a burst phase, it's not worth it. It would have to be at least ~100%+ increased damage (if not more) for it to be worth it since you are losing 100% of an explosive shot.
    In tier 15 if I proc Lock and Load I will get 2 lock and load and 1 normal, basically giving you three back to back explosive shots assuming you're above 25 focus. With tier 16, if I have 4 charges going into lock and load. If I use 2 charges, cancelaura lock and load, and cast another how is this any different? I'm just saving the remaining charges for a later time when they may be more beneficial like a burn phase, damage buff or trinket procs, rather than using all 4 at the same time.

In tier 15 if I proc Lock and Load I will get 2 lock and load and 1 normal, basically giving you three back to back explosive shots assuming you're above 25 focus. With tier 16, if I have 4 charges going into lock and load. If I use 2 charges, cancelaura lock and load, and cast another how is this any different? I'm just saving the remaining charges for a later time when they may be more beneficial like a burn phase, damage buff or trinket procs, rather than using all 4 at the same time.
    Because you are using an explosive expert charge and not the LnL charge when LnL procs thus wasting explosive shots.

I'll reword it just to be clear: When LnL procs and you have explosive expert charges it consumes them first and not the traditional LnL charges. So if you cancel the aura you are wasting explosive shots.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-06-14 at 08:18 AM.

Deleted
    On 5 min tests on the dummy target my average AS dmg was slightly higher than my KC dmg.

That's with a 532 ilvl gear and obviously unbuffed.
    I expect KC to be higher full buffed but that feels weird...

Since nobody seems to have mentioned this here yet
    as a person focusing more on Pet Battles, taming rares and getting achievments than actually doing PvE / PvP
    im really horrified at the silencing shot change, why? because the 'New' porcupette spirit beasts needs to be interrupted when they cast heal, or else they cant be tamed.

really hoping blizzard realizes this and makes silencing shot baseline + removing blanket silence effect (can add it on talent-tree or something)

my only worries with the next patch :3.. go on with your PvE minmaxing folks.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Sigh I look at the warrior set bonus and then ours and I cry.. Newho though, it seems like (depending on how they end up changing it) l&l charges for SV seem to be a solid boost.. might even pull SV ahead next tier.. Anyone done any spec comparison on the ptr ?

If it's a 50% increase in damage from the 110% arcane shot then that is 165%.
    right, sorry, still thought it was buffed to 115%

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Sigh I look at the warrior set bonus and then ours and I cry.. Newho though, it seems like (depending on how they end up changing it) l&l charges for SV seem to be a solid boost.. might even pull SV ahead next tier.. Anyone done any spec comparison on the ptr ?
    (this is with my gear)

Just roughly (take my calculations with a grain of salt) and it's subject to change, but according to my personal calculations the 2 piece is like 2k dps and the SV 4 piece is like 8k.

I haven't really done any huge calculations with the BM one, but if my math is correct, the 4 piece is around 15k dps. I expect these to change a bit personally, they wouldn't want BM to be that much better than SV.

The BM 4 piece looks fairly strong to me. It gives us back the opening/5min burst window we had with Stampede; it's just a slightly odd way to do it.

Deleted
    (this is with my gear)

Just roughly (take my calculations with a grain of salt) and it's subject to change, but according to my personal calculations the 2 piece is like 2k dps and the SV 4 piece is like 8k.
    I haven't looked at the maths yet, but I would be surprised if the 2 piece was as much as 2k. It really is very very weak. All RF really does is allow us to replace a couple of Cobras with a couple of Arcanes. It feels nice to press, but in reality we gain little from it.

Deleted
    Isn't RF "true" haste? If it is, it also increase chance of RPPM stuff to proc. It might also give extra Wild Hunt to BM hunter. However, it's kinda meeeh.
    I just check one of mine WoL logs. In 5:30 min fight I casted 171 AS. If I roughly scale it to 5.4 level (.*66 due to focus increase) and multiply it by 2, I got reduction of 225 seconds.
    That would mean that every 5 min (where Reediness kicks in and resets everything) I got one extra RF or 40*20/300 = 2.67% avg additional haste which is equal to 1134,75 haste ratings.

I also fear that 4 set might actually doom the value of 2 sets as 2 set bonus "de-sync" BW and RF.

It's complete napkin math, but currently FD has me losing about 2.5k from just not using Rapid Fire at all. So, once again using probably bogus math, that would put 1 more rapid fire at less than a 1k DPS gain. It's just not really a viable 2 piece.

Bad set pieces have gone out before, but I honestly think it's too early to even bother worrying about that yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Isn't RF "true" haste? If it is, it also increase chance of RPPM stuff to proc.
    RF is ranged haste, it increases your passive focus regen and decreases your cast time. It doesn't increase your haste rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    I haven't looked at the maths yet, but I would be surprised if the 2 piece was as much as 2k. It really is very very weak. All RF really does is allow us to replace a couple of Cobras with a couple of Arcanes. It feels nice to press, but in reality we gain little from it.
    Which we really can't even do anymore, or at least I couldn't. Only thing I gained was 1 or 2 more cobras and slight delays in between abilities because I didn't want to delay my signature shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    RF is ranged haste, it increases your passive focus regen and decreases your cast time. It doesn't increase your haste rating.
    That is wrong. Real PPM picks whichever is the highest out of your ranged, melee and spell haste and uses that to determine the Real PPM proc rate. Rapid fire affects Real PPM.

Deleted
    That is wrong. Real PPM picks whichever is the highest out of your ranged, melee and spell haste and uses that to determine the Real PPM proc rate. Rapid fire affects Real PPM.
    I was simply responding to RF being "true haste" which is a sticky term. I think you are correct though, it is meant to inherit from whichever is highest.

RPPM looks to be dead anyway, with these new bonuses, so we can kiss goodbye to the haste stacking.