Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytal View Post
    A little backhanded considering that it's on the front page of MMO-Champion at the moment.
    I thought there was something else, as that is something we already know abt GC and his thinking. They always look at the data when its 1-2 months(weeks if the outcry is big) too late. I did find that Fire comment somewhat puzzling though, it's as they don't think it has too strong single target atm, which leads me to think they won't nerf fire due its AoE and multitarget being very weak. And as he said fire rng is kinda ok, its the trinkets and their procs that fuck it up atm for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    I think they know about their probs. All they see is that its not that huge. We are again talking about 5.4 not about 6.0
    So he say (for 5.4): They won't change Fire because they are .
    And they won't change Frost because they . (And we didn't even know the gap they have for 5.4)
    So all i do is reading the tweet and i think all questions are answered for 5.4[COLOR="red"]
    You're reading between the lines too much.
    All the GC is saying "we're happy with the state of mages' specs right now, won't change it very soon".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    You're reading between the lines too much.
    All the GC is saying "we're happy with the state of mages' specs right now, won't change it very soon".
    Lets resume the question:
    Do the devs acknowledge the real issues with the Mage class atm? Heavy RNG/Crit scaling on Fire and poor scaling on Frost.
    So the question is answered. They dont see this problem with RNG and scaling is in their eyes no problem if its not a huge gap.
    I dont read between the lines. I quotet exactly what he says. All i do is take it like it is and dont want more out of it.

It just means that we'll have to live with it for now, or change class or quit gaming.
    It sucks because some fixes would be very easy and enhance gaming quality (fun) significantly (e.g lvl 90 talent revamp), other fixes might not be so easy. (fire rng specc identity, arcane mana identity, frost identity?) Lvl 90 Talents should never have been implemented since MoP beta, but EU feedback is jackshit on offical forums. I (and others) made several long posts about how bad the lvl 90 talents were still early MoP beta, and now beginning 5.4 still nothing has changed for the better except for evocation casttime (invocation still is a horrible talent design)
    Despite what GC says, fire will be nerfed in 5.4, and I can clearly see his words before me: "We want fire to be a rng specc, but with crit levels so high we felt the specc was feeling punishing for not getting crits, rather than exciting to get crits, so we decided to nerf CM"
    Frost will also be pretty bad in 5.4, just because other classes will increase in DPS much more than you.
    Only solution I see is to go full arcane (at least in 25m its easy to play also), because arcane scales damn amazing with gear, and just be prepared to raid orgrimmar within the tiny spaces of your rune!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    It just means that we'll have to live with it for now, or change class or quit gaming.
    It sucks because some fixes would be very easy and enhance gaming quality (fun) significantly (e.g lvl 90 talent revamp),
    Yes a talent revamp (scratch all existent things and make new things while baking the old buffs into something other, while balancing that for PVE and PVP and also mana for arcane) is really simple and could be done in 2 days. I think you are dreaming a little bit to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    Despite what GC says, fire will be nerfed in 5.4, and I can clearly see his words before me: "We want fire to be a rng specc, but with crit levels so high we felt the specc was feeling punishing for not getting crits, rather than exciting to get crits, so we decided to nerf CM"
    Frost will also be pretty bad in 5.4, just because other classes will increase in DPS much more than you.
    Only solution I see is to go full arcane (at least in 25m its easy to play also), because arcane scales damn amazing with gear, and just be prepared to raid orgrimmar within the tiny spaces of your rune!
    Thats exactly the same thing we heared as the first 5.2 hits the PTR: And the result? We are now in a place where all 3 speccs are good enoguh for 90% of the PVE Raiding Community (DMG-related). Thats better then anything they have done before on any patch.
    So calm down and wait. Its like allways: They will show now Mechanics and later in the PTR-Cycle they adjust numbers. So just stop crying and wait whats happening when 5.4 goes live.
    BTW: GC never says in this tweet they won't or will, buff or nerf anything. Thats reading between the lines. He just say that they are fine with the mechanic and the overall improvements.
    He didn't speak about exact numbers or ranking or anything else.
    Last edited by mmoce8ebae9270; 2013-06-17 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I swear I read this EXACT tweet from him a month or so ago. It completely ignores the question being asked. It's like Greg Street is Obama in a Scooby Doo style disguise. He's correlating the number of people playing a spec to it's overall health. It feels like he is trolling us and very poorly at that.
    You did. MMO-Champ just didn't post it til now. Check the date on the Tweet (I was also the "OT" [Original Tweeter] and that was about 3-4 weeks ago)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    Fire Mage is currently the top DPS spec in the game
    No it's not. At top RNG, sure, as it SHOULD be, but on average, it's like #4-5.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Let us not forget, next expo will have Pardo at the helm, so I'm pretty sure good things are coming.

For now though, I think its pretty clear. Most of the work that mages need will happen next expo. For all intents and purposes, mages will be the same, problems and all, for the remainder of MoP.

Might as well get used to it. Blizz has phoned the class in. I don't think they can be any more explicit about it now.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    Let us not forget, next expo will have Pardo at the helm, so I'm pretty sure good things are coming.

For now though, I think its pretty clear. Most of the work that mages need will happen next expo. For all intents and purposes, mages will be the same, problems and all, for the remainder of MoP.

Might as well get used to it. Blizz has phoned the class in. I don't think they can be any more explicit about it now.
    My problem isn't so much playing a broken class for another 8 months; it's not knowing if the class will ACTUALLY be fixed in 6.0. I want to know if I should quit now (so I don't suffer 8 months of hoping my class will be fixed) or stick through (if someone could give me a sourced confirmation that good changes are coming).

Also, who the hell is Pardo?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Pardo
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8568959699

I have a good feeling about this

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Okay, sweet. So for the EXPANSION, we'll have a good designer.

Does he do classes, too? Otherwise, this information is irrelevant.

Pardo is a total badass.

He was responsible for not only vanilla WoW, but also BC (best expansion so far).
    He is also one of the core design talents at Blizz, he was on 'Titan'/CCO duties all this time, but has been confirmed to be returning to WoW.

He 'gets' it much more than many of the existing designers.

Needless to say, I am almost positive that the next expo will blow this one out the water (not only with Pardo returning to WoW, but also a lot of the other talented designers who were on 'titan' all this time).

Yea.. thats another one of my prophetic statements. Quote it if you will.

Does he do classes, too? Otherwise, this information is irrelevant.
    He will be lead designer. So yea.. pretty much everything will go through him at some point.

He is a titan of the game industry in general. The guy knows his stuff.
    Last edited by zomgDPS; 2013-06-17 at 01:27 PM.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."

Deleted
    Guys, fire is not rng!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dabsy View Post
    Guys, fire is not rng!!!
    And here it starts again. Does this statement (wrong or right ) has anything to do with a 5.4 Patchnote?

He will be lead designer. So yea.. pretty much everything will go through him at some point.

He is a titan of the game industry in general. The guy knows his stuff.
    Alright, awesome! Let's hope this guy studied up on his Mage stuff

Deleted
    Guys, fire is not rng!!!
    And I'm Scarlett johansson

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    And I'm Scarlett johansson
    Shhhhh, don't feel the troll/random.

Guys, fire is not rng!!!
    You sir, gave me a good laugh I hadn't had for a while

Alright, awesome! Let's hope this guy studied up on his Mage stuff
    It is commonly understood that Pardo mains a mage. One of the only WoW devs that does so.

I think 6.0 will bring some very good things for mages overall.

It is commonly understood that Pardo mains a mage. One of the only WoW devs that does so.

I'm surprised that there's actually someone who works in Blizzard that currently plays a Mage in our current state.

Yea.. thats another one of my prophetic statements. Quote it if you will.
    That isn't fair. Your prophetic statements are always obvious things. :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 09:43 AM ----------

Also this. I just don't want to get too excited til I start to see the results.