Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I really like all the bonus set of this tier, let's see if they change them before reaching LIVE.

Finally I can reforge out of haste on my UH dk! MOAR CRITS!

Deleted
    - burst in dw frost looks insane. nerf inc i bet!

Deleted
    Where's the baseline AMZ providing a static percentage of damage reduction for all specs?
    Where are the changes to bloodworms to make them an actual useful raid CD instead of the random overhealing shit it currently is, and bump blood DK to a tanking class top raiding guilds could actually want to have?
    Where are the changes to near useless talents only PvP players think about taking?

Instead we get that glyph changed about undispellable diseases. PROTIP: no one dispells diseases anyway.
    Instead we get that 1 sec reduction of mind freeze. PROTIP: no one ever takes this glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    Where's the baseline AMZ providing a static percentage of damage reduction for all specs?
    Where are the changes to bloodworms to make them an actual useful raid CD instead of the random overhealing shit it currently is, and bump blood DK to a tanking class top raiding guilds could actually want to have?
    Where are the changes to near useless talents only PvP players think about taking?

Instead we get that glyph changed about undispellable diseases. PROTIP: no one dispells diseases anyway.
    Instead we get that 1 sec reduction of mind freeze. PROTIP: no one ever takes this glyph.
    You might as well not even have made this post at all.

This the very first batch of 5.4 notes datamined notes that we've gotten and if that doesn't tell you anything then you should especially refrain from posting.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-06-12 at 11:43 AM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    media-azeroth.cursecdn.com/wow/icons/17056/large/spell_deathknight_festering_strike.jpg <- Some big changes incoming to festering strike?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markkali View Post
    media-azeroth.cursecdn.com/wow/icons/17056/large/spell_deathknight_festering_strike.jpg <- Some big changes incoming to festering strike?
    Seems frosty somehow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariussv View Post
    - burst in dw frost looks insane. nerf inc i bet!
    dont think dw is viable anymore if the bonus remains like this. you will have so much haste on your gear, you cant use your runes while pillar is active or you will waste km proccs.
    it will be absurdly op for 2h frost, nearly endless runes for 30% time, just retarded burst

Deleted
    I think, we should wait till the actual notes and changes, since i think, there will be some overhaul regarding spells and procs - especially with these set bonuses. Maybe even with resource management.

Yeah, the way it looks at the moment is that once we get 4 piece, DW will be dead. Already GCD capped, so getting more resources will just be completely wasted.

Frost will get a lot of resources through the entire fight with the bonus too, ignoring just the pillar portion. You are unlikely to ever be stranded with nothing to do, given every minute you get ridiculous amounts of runes/RP. 2H Frost should drop haste after that bonus, I'd imagine. Unsure what DW will do, but it's AOE burst will be ballsy.

This will make DK's really fun in PvP! JK!

Free DRW was long overdue. That's... about it.

Idk what's so great about free DRW - it was the only thing that could match up with the RP gains from AMS and now we pretty much end up with no fast way to dump rp /:

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Idk what's so great about free DRW - it was the only thing that could match up with the RP gains from AMS and now we pretty much end up with no fast way to dump rp /:
    Death Coil says hi. It's less dps/rp than rune strike, but its more dps per execute and if you are capping it's a great option. the DRW cost removal is actually pretty much awesome.

Heroic PVE tier set has 3200 hit by itself. So, we're off to a good start.

FesterTimmy. New play style?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Heroic PVE tier set has 3200 hit by itself. So, we're off to a good start.
    What you're seeing on the front page is nothing but T15 pieces with 554 stats and the set bonuses tacked on. The actual T16 items will have different stats.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Tank T16-2pc: Curious as to whether this will stack or not. If it does, then that's a pretty ridiculous raise to Bone Shield uptime.

Tank T16-4pc: +6 DS is nothing short of incredibly overpowered. If they let the 4 free DS's give RP, then it's even more overpowered (they fixed CS-BB, and Rime-HB doesn't generate RP, so maybe for once they'll finally be consistent). Assuming that they are consistent, +40 RP with RC ==> +0.14 DS / min, raising this to +4.14 DS / min.

Of course, it will likely be pretty annoying to use, since you'll have all your runes (well, not blood) back up but can't use them for several globals if you were spamming DS.

Side note: DRW cost removal frees up:
    a (for RC) = (1 / 30) * (0.45 / 1) * ((3 * 3/10) / 1) * (10 / 1) = 0.135
    ( 60 RP / (1 - a) ) / ( 1.5 min ) = +46.24 RP / min ==> +0.21 DS / min; RE/BT are slightly higher, but not worth complaining about

So, in all, +4.35 DS / min. Not to mention how this affects Bone Shield uptime.

Not that DS / min is the end-all quantity by any means. It's just a relevant parameter.

DPS T16-2pc: Not really sure what to make of this. My current interpretation is that "hnd" means swing speed, but that's a total guess. Even still, it's not like at this point we're still dying to get more haste. If anything, we're trying to shed it, so that portion of the bonus doesn't make sense. It might result in some pretty odd gearing strategies in which you try to get rid of as much haste as you possibly can while still keeping your haste above mastery (sucks to be 2H Frost, since you can't just go with crit instead of mastery), which will be annoying to say the least. Plus, there's the whole matter of how this affects the DPS T16-4pc.

DPS T16-4pc (Frost): There's no way this bonus will stay like it is currently. That's not because of how strong it is, but it's simply a train of logic. If, in Beta for T75, they addressed RC's disproportionate scaling with haste through two sources (rune regeneration rate and proc frequency) by negating haste, and since this is a literal reincarnation of the old RC, they must change it. To do otherwise would make absolutely no sense. If they leave it as is, then they've either fired all of their DK developers in Beta or reassigned them. So, there's no way I see this bonus staying as it will. Plus, the DPS T16-2pc will amplify the gain from haste by inflating your haste rating by 5000. If you choose mastery over haste, then you're losing a significant amount of regeneration (GCD-capping aside).

Secondly, making it negate haste is not an option if it doesn't grant a buff in addition to PoF. I'm pretty sure we all know how stupid it would be to have PoF's duration reduced by your haste. So, it will likely require a secondary buff, but then people will complain how PoF is still up but their rune regeneration rate isn't doubled, which I think will ultimately be rather confusing.

As for the ridiculous amount of GCD-capping that will ensue with this set bonus, I feel that a large amount of this set bonus will be flat out wasted (which could be by design to the throttle the gain). However, 2H Frost stands to gain the most here since it's damage is primarily rune-based (and not as GCD-capped as DW). Thus, overflowing RP is not that big of a deal (relative to spending runes; overflowing RP is still bad). On the other hand, for DW, overflowing runes is not a big deal, but overflowing RP is. That would be my first inclination, but I don't have an analysis to back it up.

DPS T16-4pc (Unholy): Depends on whether this is purely an extension mechanic or if it increases your next DT duration as well. As an estimate with no sim verification, if I estimate that you use DC about every 3.5 seconds, and empirically I've seen simmed DT-uptime roughly match [ DT_Duration / (DC_Frequency * 4 + DT_Duration) ] (FYI, this formula didn't appear from nowhere; it means only 1 DC is pooled on average), you'll move from 68% DT uptime to (inc. math):

Rate balance to find DC's per DT (and therefore DT duration):
    Base_DT_Duration + 1.5 * n_DC = DC_Frequency * n_DC
    Base_DT_Duration / (DC_Frequency - 1.5) = n_DC
    n_DC = 30 / (3.5 - 1.5) = 15 DCs

New_DT_Duration = Base_DT_Duration + 1.5 * n_DC = 30 + 1.5 * 15 = 52.5 sec
    DT_Uptime = New_DT_Duration / (DC_Frequency * 4 + New_DT_Duration) = 52.5 / (3.5 * 4 + 52.5) = 79% uptime

So, from 68% uptime to 79% uptime (+16% uptime). If the ghoul does roughly 13% of your DPS currently, then this is probably around +2% DPS.

Not even remotely comparable to Frost's. However, 2% was right around the goal for the DPS T15 set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by sproket View Post
    Yeah, the way it looks at the moment is that once we get 4 piece, DW will be dead. Already GCD capped, so getting more resources will just be completely wasted.
    Yes, because Blizzard will clearly let DW die. It's the first push of datamined changes. Everything you see there is subject to significant change.
    Last edited by SSHA778; 2013-06-12 at 04:59 PM.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Quote Originally Posted by Hemalador View Post

First does anyone know what hnd stands for?
    I am assuming hnd stands for Hand as in 1hnd or 2hnd weapon.
    Last edited by DarthMetatron; 2013-06-12 at 04:58 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they correct our stats some as frost. The 4 piece for frost looks insane as does the 2 piece. Will likely have to devalue haste a bit because there will be problems if my highest stat is haste by a landslide and I end up having an additional 5000 haste rating. Still good though for RPPM procs and KM procs, so maybe it's not that bad.

Absolutely love the tank bonuses in addition to the free DRW. Haste interacts nicely with SoB procs which means more RP and more rune strikes. In a lot of scenarios we may approach a point where our bone shield is up almost all of the time, which is absolutely huge. DRW bonus makes us pretty beast mode. Our damage will be even more bursty with it active and we should be all but invincible with it up considering it's like giving us 3 ERW.

When you add in that they were looking at potentially modifying some tanks raid utility and buffing AMZ we will look pretty good come 5.4.