Deleted
    Tips for solotanking 10hc garrosh? We have not killed him before and tomorrow we will try solo tanking with 2 healers.

Abuse vengence. Use shieldblock untill around halfway to the whirl in P2/3, after that use Barriers and make sure you have some sort of CD up for the last part of it.
    Save your CDS for when you have high vengence, for instance, after the first transition your bloodbath and shockwave will most likely come off CD quite quickly, but save both untill you're almost at the whirl, as that is when you'll have the highest vengence, meaning you will get a lot more out of them.
    You can easily solo a pack in the first transition, before the transition, make sure that you save up your rage, and that your TC and shockwave is off cd, when you enter the room, run up to your pack (I've always done the middle pack),pop bloodbath, engage them by using TC, this ensures that all three of them has 250-300k vengence DW ticking on them, Shieldblock/shieldslam the closest add, shockwave, after this burst down the first add, preferably before the second cast, interrupt the second cast with Disrupting Shout, try to zerg down the second add before the third cast, if you manage to kill 2 out of 3 adds before the third cast, back away a few yards and charge the last add as he is casting to interrupt him, and kill him before his 4:th cast.
    In the third phase, if your guild is lacking in DPS, make sure that you have two adds on you, and kill one of them. This means you have a medium size add whacking on you giving you another 50-100k vengence, and means you can use revenge on almost every single global.
    If you know how to handle your barriers and CDS correctly in P2/3, you can easily get away with using DPS trinkets if your raid is lacking dps. If you're using the Klaxxi trinket, make sure that if you have a strong CD ready and you're at high vengeance to switch from barriers to block to maximize the benefit you gain from the bonus crit.

That's about all the things I could think off. Good luck on Garrosh, he is an amazingly fun fight to solotank.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Abuse vengence. Use shieldblock untill around halfway to the whirl in P2/3, after that use Barriers and make sure you have some sort of CD up for the last part of it.
    Save your CDS for when you have high vengence, for instance, after the first transition your bloodbath and shockwave will most likely come off CD quite quickly, but save both untill you're almost at the whirl, as that is when you'll have the highest vengence, meaning you will get a lot more out of them.
    You can easily solo a pack in the first transition, before the transition, make sure that you save up your rage, and that your TC and shockwave is off cd, when you enter the room, run up to your pack (I've always done the middle pack),pop bloodbath, engage them by using TC, this ensures that all three of them has 250-300k vengence DW ticking on them, Shieldblock/shieldslam the closest add, shockwave, after this burst down the first add, preferably before the second cast, interrupt the second cast with Disrupting Shout, try to zerg down the second add before the third cast, if you manage to kill 2 out of 3 adds before the third cast, back away a few yards and charge the last add as he is casting to interrupt him, and kill him before his 4:th cast.
    In the third phase, if your guild is lacking in DPS, make sure that you have two adds on you, and kill one of them. This means you have a medium size add whacking on you giving you another 50-100k vengence, and means you can use revenge on almost every single global.
    If you know how to handle your barriers and CDS correctly in P2/3, you can easily get away with using DPS trinkets if your raid is lacking dps. If you're using the Klaxxi trinket, make sure that if you have a strong CD ready and you're at high vengeance to switch from barriers to block to maximize the benefit you gain from the bonus crit.

That's about all the things I could think off. Good luck on Garrosh, he is an amazingly fun fight to solotank.
    Yeah im soloing one pack in t1 with little help from warlocks (Rain of fires). I guess we were lacking a little bit of dps but since we get 1dps more Im prob rolling with fallen protectors + malkorok trinket, since my Skeer's is normal version and Thok is Flex QQ. I guess we can get to p4 more consistently with the extra dps for rolling with 1 tank.

Yeah Garrosh and Blackfuse are prob most fun fights to tank in SoO

Deleted
    Could anyone help me in solo tanking garrosh normal. Bomior on doomhammer eu. I did it once (downed first attempt so was happy) but want to check I have it mostly covered. SBlock on cd and Sbarrier in between and emp whirling.

My main question is for the stacking dot. Do you just carry on as normal or start to use barrier more? using demo shout when adds get buffed and when dot stacks are high. Really it seems to be the same as 2 tanking it?
    Thanks

Once the DoT reaches a dangerous level, switch from Shield Block to Barriers, and try to always have some sort of CD up for the last few seconds before a whirl, as that is when you'll take the most damage. In P1 when the adds are enraged, try to use a CD there as well, as that's the part of P1 that hurts the most, and most CDs will be back up for P2 anyhow.
    My Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Once the DoT reaches a dangerous level, switch from Shield Block to Barriers, and try to always have some sort of CD up for the last few seconds before a whirl, as that is when you'll take the most damage. In P1 when the adds are enraged, try to use a CD there as well, as that's the part of P1 that hurts the most, and most CDs will be back up for P2 anyhow.
    Thanks very much

How many dots does it normally go to in normal solo tanking?

I did see a video of the prot warrior HC leaping away - not sure if that was to move the boss before whirling or if it stops the dot being applied (as at range) and of course I guess it does stop him meleeing you for a couple of seconds!?

If he's leaping away, I would assume he just wants to move the boss away for the whirling, but if you have competent healers you can easily just stack up under the boss for them instead.

The amount of stacks you'll get varies a little. Before the first whirl you'll most likely get 5-8 stacks, before the second whirl you'll get between 10-13 stacks and for the third whirl you'll once again get between 10-13.
    In P3 I you'll get 6-8stacks before the first whirl, and then depending on how quick you push him over into P4 you'll get a different amount the second time. If you push him just before he's about to cast whirl, you'll most likely get somewhere around 9-11 stacks of the debuff.
    My Stream

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone see something I can change in my gear to not have 10% hit, it's really bugging me that I'm that much over hit cap or is that just going to be a thing as I gear this toon up?

Also, what ilvl were you at when you killed normal Garrosh, was thinking of bringing this toon for a weekend team raid tonight (they're casuals so eh). Should be fine, I feel a warrior would be so much better on the fight than my paladin.

You don't have a link to your Warrior.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Derp. I had it copied and didn't paste it -_-.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...idon/Brycewar/

You're stuck with it all until you pick up other items.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Anyone see something I can change in my gear to not have 10% hit, it's really bugging me that I'm that much over hit cap or is that just going to be a thing as I gear this toon up?

Also, what ilvl were you at when you killed normal Garrosh, was thinking of bringing this toon for a weekend team raid tonight (they're casuals so eh). Should be fine, I feel a warrior would be so much better on the fight than my paladin.
    I'd guess most were ivl 540-543 (heroic ToT gear) and I wouldn't recommend going much lower unless your raid can compensate with well geared healers and dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Grats, I feel your pain of that many wipes+. We got ours last week after way more than I care to admit. #10 world fastest on warcraftlogs, #1 us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    The 4-set sucks. The 2-set is good, better if you are 10 man. There you go haha
    So...its been 2 weeks that I joined a 25 guild...and i should say...4x set bonus is absolutely useless here as u said
    donno if u've tanked 10man Gliff but i really felt its strength (the 4x im referring to) when i had to do some intense jobs...like soaking bloodrage on malkrok or solo tanking Thok...since in 10man hc these are kinda expected from tanks

Deleted
    Is it possible to tank Garrosh HC with 564 ilvl? I haven't tried it yet, but I think I may have to from next week. Wanna know what to expect.

Edit: Looking at my fury gear I could use some more pieces from that set to get up to 567 ilvl here is current armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cayse/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc18b5086be1; 2014-05-17 at 05:43 AM.

I guess it depends on how you want to do the fight. The 1 tank strategy is obviously out of question. 2 tanks, 1 tealer depends on the quality of your healer but should work although you have to expect to die from time to time if something goes wrong. 2 tanks, 2 healer should work but that will make it way harder for your guild to really progress the boss.
    Playing with 1 DD more makes this fight so much easier on 10man because all the hard parts are shortened or even avoided (first transmission: higher DPS to kill all Adds in time, skipping the second one and you should only have a single empowered whirling corruption in P3).

PS: Your gems and glyphs are bad and your reforges look random!
    You are missing the shield block glyph and you should decide whether you go for an avoidance build or a mastery build (hint: avoidance is superior). If you go for an avoidance build, always pick parry when you have to choose between dodge or parry (gems, reforges). The % avoidance loss of not ballancing dodgearry is negligible and it will boost your DPS due to the hold the line glyph.

I'm finding it hard to retain the 2P as a progressing 10H Tank (avoidance), the stats are largely horrible and I have only got shoulders and legs non-heroic now.
    Shoulders will drop from Immersius shortly then its all bets off.

What's the consensus on this? Normal?

Also is H-Thok solo tank or 2-tank now?

I only use 2p for Malk(solo soak), Thok, Paragons.

Deleted
    Honestly I would use 2p for every single fight as it's so darn awesome, especially in high vengeance levels. For avoidance I use head and legs and with mastery I use shoulders and gloves. However, if you have enough gear to fill every tier slot with a HC WF piece you might be better of just using that.

When it comes to raiding normal however I would straight out ignore the 2set as I dont consider it being THAT useful in low vengeance levels.

And yes Thok is indeed soloable as warrior tank, you do a full block rotation when you start tanking him then just start spamming 60 rage barriers as your vengeance will be so high that block wont mitigate even near as much. One thing to note though is that you might want to pop a CD for each debuff paired with a 60 rage barrier.