Deleted

Best Server for Light Side Sith Inquistor

So I'm not sure whether to go for The Progenitor (RP) or The Red Eclipse (PVE). This is mostly because on an RP server I fear it will be much harder to find a guild to take me or other players willing to join forces or just casually converse as a Light Side Empire player. Does anyone think this would be a serious problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    What criteria are you judging "best server" from? If you're concerned solely from an RP perspective...then your answer is easy. Go with the RP server. Seriously, a light sided Sith is not uncommon, although most everyone RP's Gray Jedi from what I hear on Ebon Hawk.

Deleted
    A completely light side Jedi does sound incredibly boring I guess XD Agh, I wish you could just switch over servers whenever you wanted to.

Deleted
    i would still pick red eclipse, i play there, loads of light side empire players, the community is thriving, loads of pugs for hm operations - its really fun, but if your heart is set on rping then go to the other place,

I don't think there is a 'best' option. meaning that if you go to a non-rp server, no one cares. Really, no one cares. They'd really only care on a RP server. And since there are limited options on that front, just take the one in your time zone. It'll make it easier to find a guild, group, ops, rp, etc...

I wish the decisions I made as a toon actually affected the storyline other than a bar on the side of my character and what relics I can or can not wear.

Quote Originally Posted by ADemoiselle View Post
    So I'm not sure whether to go for The Progenitor (RP) or The Red Eclipse (PVE). This is mostly because on an RP server I fear it will be much harder to find a guild to take me or other players willing to join forces or just casually converse as a Light Side Empire player. Does anyone think this would be a serious problem?
    RPers worth their salt could handle a light side Empire or dark side Republic player in their ranks...would be pretty boring if everybody was lock step in agreement with each other. I've met a few light side sithies on Ebon Hawk so it's not uncommon on an RP server, play a mostly LS Inquisitor myself. Is there any reason why you can't make test characters on both servers just to see how you'd like the community? I'd also check out the guild recruitment forums to see if there are guilds that you might be interested in joining.

Good luck!
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Your question should turn around:

- which server has the better guild (you like to join)
    - more population
    - and with it... lower queueing times for warzones/ flashpoints

If you end up on the RP server and your future RP guild couldn't handle a light side sith.... it's not like you are freeing rebels but rather you aren't dissecting your prisoners into pieces . Don't see a problem there from an RP point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol light side?

its not like sith get their power from anger and hatred or anything..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    lol light side?

Light side for Imperial is something a little different...like on Dromund Kaas the light side is considered poisoning water supplies so the revolting slaves die quickly as opposed to making them suffer. Nothing in the Sith Code says you have to be a sadistic douchenozzle, it just turns out how most Dark Siders act.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    lol light side?
    Just because something is Light Side, doesn't mean it's good. It's just less evil... at least that's usually the case on the Empire side.
    On-topic: I've got a couple of characters on the Progenitor server, and it's a decent server with a good community, both roleplayers and PvP/PvE:ers alike and you're not going to have a difficult time being a Light Sided Sith either.
    Remember that there's no requirement to roleplay just because the server tag says "RP".