Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fastest Way to Gear to LFR ilvls

Title says it all. I leveled at the start of MoP a Warlock on another realm to cap and then many things happened and stopped. Wanting to cmoe back but with all that has happened I am hellishly lost for what to do when gearing. So when I level my Paladin to cap I'm thinking of going back to tanking, either that or DpS since I can't heal for shit, and want to get into the groove fast.

So this is how I think it goes:

1) Get to level 90 asap.
    2) Get http://www.wowhead.com/item=98141 (Sabatons of the Humble)
    3) Do the Scenario for the 1h weapon reward
    4) Run Bgs or Instances, whichever will reward points faster, and buy the pvp items
    5) Buy the pvp items
    6) Do the isle dailies to get friendly and buy the belt
    7) Use the VP to buy the Assault neck
    8) As I reach the ilvl to do the LFR wings do them, also try get coins from the weekly vault run
    9) Get my Alchemist stone.
    10) Do the daily Scenario for an item
    11) Barrens dailies but I have no idea what to do really.
    Am I missing anything?
    Last edited by AutomaticBadger; 2013-06-13 at 01:50 PM.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

1. Run Heroics over and over again, then convert JP's to Honor buy pvp gear
    2. ?
    3. Profit

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems about right. make sure you start the wrathion chain.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Hit 90.
    2. Do the BfB intro chain.
    3. Hang out in N. Barrens gathering supplies.
    4. Run scenarios and heroics while you wait.
    5. Get the BfB gear.
    6. Profit?

I'm actually hoping this systen can get me into flex without lfr or the old dailies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm really hoping I can do one of those " It took me 4 days of 3 hour play to get into ToT LFR" Because I hate waiting around
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

You can only get One Mojo a week via the weekly quest. So only one piece of gear a week.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    1. Hit 90.
    5. Get the BfB gear.
    6. Profit?

I'm actually hoping this systen can get me into flex without lfr or the old dailies.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxyboo View Post
    You can only get One Mojo a week via the weekly quest. So only one piece of gear a week.
    That's why heroics and scenarios as well. For points to get gear, and later heroic scenarios as well. Probably isn't as fast as doing 200 dailies a day, but much more enjoyable.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    I'm really hoping I can do one of those " It took me 4 days of 3 hour play to get into ToT LFR" Because I hate waiting around
    I needed 2 days.

You just need to do valuts 1.st to get tokens. Without those its pointless.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I needed 2 days.

You just need to do valuts 1.st to get tokens. Without those its pointless.
    I read that the coins don't have the increased chance to give an item verses killing bosses having like a 25% chance or whatever. Then again every little bit helps

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. level a healer / tank to 90.
    2. do any mop world boss.
    3. open the isle of thunder dailies (pvp) and nalak.
    4. open the north barrens dailies and finish the quest for 502 boots.

I had 9 drops in lfr in 22 hours on my monk so anything is possible.
    You cared enough to post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    1. Hit 90.
    5. Get the BfB gear.
    6. Profit?

Flex is only for 5.4 raid so your ilevel will probably be too low.

EDIT: Make sure you save your 1st 1250 valor for the neck from Shado Pan Assault. You can buy that immediately upon doing the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    1. level a healer / tank to 90.
    2. do any mop world boss.
    3. open the isle of thunder dailies (pvp) and nalak.
    4. open the north barrens dailies and finish the quest for 502 boots.

I had 9 drops in lfr in 22 hours on my monk so anything is possible.
    Wow 9 in 22 hours is frightening... Dammit I want that luck

You can go to Karasang Wilds and open the Dailies for the PVP zones there, once you get it activated go kill the PVP rares which drop ilevel 480 PVP trinkets. These trinkets are useless in PVE content but 2 480 trinkets are going to jack your ilevel up so you should be able to LFR for real trinkets much quicker than hoping they drop in Heroic dungeons and hoping you win the roll. You get the trinket and use it to get into LFR then swap back to some green PVE trinkets you got while questing. Your numbers will suck but you just jumped the entry gate faster.

I've not done the Horde side but on Alliance side there are 3 PVP bosses in the Horde base.
    1. East gate, an Orc boss between 2 Orc guards. Pull the Orc boss straight out and it won't chain the other two orcs. This boss puts down a long line in front of him that will remove 75% of your life so don't stand in it. Latency may cause you to take the damage even if you thought you were out of it so the best way to do this boss is to run around him in a circle while dpsing him. If you have a pet tank just stand to his side while your pet tanks him from front to back.
    2. South Tower, a Troll boss who teleports and stuns. You can step back a step or two to avoid his stun stab entirely during combat when he sticks his blades out to his sides. Stay close to him as if you stay far away from him too long he will throw a ninja star at you that will one shot anyone but a tank and leave a tank on deaths door. He will teleport randomly during the battle to put distance between you, you have to get close to him again. A good trick is to get him stuck between the tower and the weapons rack so he can't get away. Pull him out the north side of the tower to avoid him pulling you into lots of orc mobs.
    3. West side where there are large cut stumps, an Undead boss. This boss is surrounded by an ogre and a two headed Ogre character. Pull her away from the two header and kill off the regular Ogre. The Undead attacks by putting an AOE circle under you that will one shot you if it goes off and you are in it, she also will snare you with a spell so you can't get out of it so you have to stun/interupt/silence this snare spell and stay out of the AOE.

There are 3 potential PVP trinkets here, all you need is 2. The Undead one is probably the hardest unless you have a pet tank.

My other suggestions are to do Sha once, and if you already have a character that is revered with Klaxxi and bought the rep token you can be exalted by the end of the questing zone with Klaxxi and you can just buy a 463 weapon.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-06-13 at 02:55 PM.

On my shaman who recently hit 90, I simply do heroics, the intro to the Barrens which yields the boots, opened IoT, try to attend Nalak / Oon each week, though none have dropped anything for me yet. The heroics enabled me to grab the 489 cloak via VP, got some semi-lucky 463 drops in 5 mans. It took very little time to get into LFR's, though I don't have the ilvl for heroic scenarios yet.

Not very time consuming at all, really.

The big question is whether you have some raid-geared friends to boost you. If you do, coerce them into doing heroic scenarios with you. Two raid-geared characters can carry a derp to success and you have a decent chance at getting a 517 drop, plus it's very fast valor.

Also go to Thunder Isle and kill a rare/loot a chest to get the Purple Lei Shens Treasure Room key. Once you have it run the first room;

Take a right once in the door. Pick the first chest, hop on speed circle and run to chest further right at base of ledge. Jump on chest, jump on ledge, pick the chest below you and run along the chest all the way around the room. Pick any golden chests you run into that look like Mogu heads. If you have 'Demonic leap' or something that throws you through the air use it to jump from high rubble on top of statue bases for more loot. Once you get to back half of room kill all tiny spider critters as they will root you and eat up time. Loot chests on floor. move towards opposite side of room and get back on ledge and run the ledge again.

When time runs out use the keys found in the coffer rooms to open more chests. You should get between 7-12 Greater coins to use in first tier LFR. Use any Incantations of X you find in the court of bones. These Ghosts drop a chest with 1-3 greater coins. WIth good luck you can easily pull down 15-20 coins.

Each Greater coin can be used in MSV, HOF and ToES to get a 30% chance of loot dropping on top of your regular 30% chance of personal loot dropping after the boss dies.
    Even though you get locked out from further Personal Loot rolls once you have down a boss the first time during a week you can continue to down a boss and use a coin for loot as long as you have coins to spend. So if i really need the offhand on the first boss of HoF I can fight him, get loot chance, use coin for loot chance, quit group, requeue, kill, use coin, quit, repeat until i run out of coins.

Profit.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-06-13 at 03:08 PM.

pvp gear to get into the earlier LFRs is generally fastest (don't forget wintergrasp and TB - they give good honor), and get the key and do the weekly solo scenario for coins to use once you're in the basic LFRs. That should really be all you need unless you have terrible luck. If that happens then the shado-pan assault neck will pretty much fix it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    1. Run Heroics over and over again, then convert JP's to Honor buy pvp gear
    2. ?
    3. Profit
    This is what i do on all my chars except tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Getting into the first lfr was quite easy by simply doing scenarios (got some 476) / heroics (471 with upgrade), took me 2 days after lvl 90 in 5.1 to get in first lfr, must be almost instant now with the "free" 522 from shadopan + 502 from quest and other listed here.

Also, before getting in first lfr, go loot a chest on thunder island and go to loot piñata scenario to get 20 free elder charm of good fortune, then use it on every single boss, even if you need nothing, to go quickly towards 480 ilvl (+sha / galleon).

There are also a few BoA items that helps a lot to get higher ilvl right when hitting 90 (463 from archaeology -needs time or luck-, 450 from pandaria treasures (complete list : http://www.wowhead.com/item=86518#comments), these can also help to get into heroics / first lfr very quickly. And if you've got money, BoE 502/522 on AH. Note that you don't need to equip items to get higher ilvl (max ilvl, which is what counts to unlock lfr/heroics), you can simply keep them in inventory, and re-sell later for BoE

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer

1) spam heroics
    2) get key to troves of the thunder king on isle = cap elder charms
    3) run first few LFR at 460ilvl coining every boss
    4) should get 470 if not, get 1-2 piece of pvp gear/get 502 boot/craft something in advance
    5) run rest of LFR coining some bosses
    6) go back to isle get more elder charms killing rares etc
    6) get in openraid normal 5.1 raid(s)/world bosses coin every boss to 480
    7) done
    Last edited by Bombino; 2013-06-13 at 07:26 PM.