Current Issues with pet pathing

allright tried this week magera as bm and it was a mess, couldnt do the fight, pet was all over the place in the wáter, in the hill, in front of the boss but apeared out of 40 yard range, wasnt doing anything at all for me this week.

iron quon after tornado phase, couldnt KC at ALL, shield phase and even tho i was clear, the pet was getting miss miss miss miss because there was a shield in the back of that mount.

Horridon, betewn doors,pet was all over the place it took almost 20 sec to come to me with sprint up and master calls mashing, every door i had to sit and babysit my pet so it came to me and do damage to adds.

dark animus stairs mess up my pet so much it takes so long to get to the boss idk wtf is going on, is like before in cata where KC was like 5 yards.

all this was on heroic it should be the same on normal i guess. are this problems just me or everyone is having same issues?

Only fight I've had pet problems is Megaera and it was solely because of Blink Strikes.

I had some weird issues on the trash up to Horridon yesterday, similiar to the ones you are describing. "Pet is out of range" and the pet was floating in the air like 50 yards from anything

If you send your pet at the ghosts before Horridon, and they haven't fully come over "land", and your pet blink strikes to it, it will be stuck midair unable to move (dismiss/resummon). If your pet blink strikes into the water on Megaera, once it comes for him to return to land, he chooses basically the longest possible path - going all the way around the left side of the water as it extends all the way towards the back of the room - that's where he exits the water.

Other than those 2 situations I haven't really had any of the issues you're describing. Horridon does have a very large hitbox, if your pet is on him and then you swap it to adds, it might take a fair amount of time for him to get there (esp depending on where you position horridon).

Not sure what you're saying on Qon at all, was it you could just never KC again after Tornado phase? No idea what would cause that. If it was just that your pet is missing while he was on the side that a shield is... well... yeah, that's how the fight works...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    If you send your pet at the ghosts before Horridon, and they haven't fully come over "land", and your pet blink strikes to it, it will be stuck midair unable to move (dismiss/resummon). If your pet blink strikes into the water on Megaera, once it comes for him to return to land, he chooses basically the longest possible path - going all the way around the left side of the water as it extends all the way towards the back of the room - that's where he exits the water.

Other than those 2 situations I haven't really had any of the issues you're describing. Horridon does have a very large hitbox, if your pet is on him and then you swap it to adds, it might take a fair amount of time for him to get there (esp depending on where you position horridon).

Not sure what you're saying on Qon at all, was it you could just never KC again after Tornado phase? No idea what would cause that. If it was just that your pet is missing while he was on the side that a shield is... well... yeah, that's how the fight works...
    quon was 2 times, after tornado phase, i was unable to KC after i got out to the safe zone and he remained in the air. i couldnt KC at all while before i could.

on the shield boss i was clear but my pet was on the side of the shield so while i was able to arcane shot my pet was missing everything. sorry this fight didnt use to work like this, and if it does is retarded because everytime a shield is on the back of the boss i wont do any damage or more like 50% of my damage.

Had the issue with Qon also. During Whirlwind phase I couldnt use KC - it said out of range :/

Not really surprising *during* when he's spawning the circular spinning tornadoes, as during that he's way up in the air. After it though, couldn't tell you what's going on there.

Before Blink strike nerf, pet was attacking Iron Qon even when he was in air. Still pet should have 20-25 yard range to use KC if im right so he should be able to attack it.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Having only recently gone BM in 5.3, I've been reminded how much it sucks being 100% reliant on a pet to do dmg (it was decent with BS before the hotfix, but now it's pretty awful again). I just hope for 5.4 MM or Surv becomes the go-to spec, so I don't have to deal with this pet nonsense every raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Having only recently gone BM in 5.3, I've been reminded how much it sucks being 100% reliant on a pet to do dmg (it was decent with BS before the hotfix, but now it's pretty awful again). I just hope for 5.4 MM or Surv becomes the go-to spec, so I don't have to deal with this pet nonsense every raid.
    i just agree with you, pet pathing is what keep me disliking bm, right now is the same thing over and over, this week after the 20s cd change it went back to same state and in pve you cant do what you do in PVP and just cast pet abilities as if they were off gcd attacks, saving a pet basic attack to just hit the boss when he is RIGHT there shouldnt be the case the micro management you require as bm is just plain awfull.

still dps as BM is much better than SV right now so passing on that is a huge deal for me. but if things continue like this im just going to do sv for all fights as before blink strikes.

at least we know pet pathing have a way to be shut down and its blink strikes with no CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    Before Blink strike nerf, pet was attacking Iron Qon even when he was in air. Still pet should have 20-25 yard range to use KC if im right so he should be able to attack it.
    Kill command works like charge, so it won't work on flying targets, unlike say blink strike being like shadow step, where it ports you even if flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had to play BM last night (needed BL so was kindly forced to go BM), and had same issues on Megaera, pet was all over the place, at one time my raid leader asked me if I dont maybe want to swim to go fetch it.... I tried the "move to" command in the centre of the heads, but that didnt help aswell, it takes the pet roughly 15 seconds to get back to the fight, just in time to get ready to head back the other way, needles to say my DPS was bad ( even worse then normal lol ).

There was a point where I tried BW but only got a msg on the screen " your target is dead" I was like WTF?!? My pet was active but not dead, just noware to be found.
    Even on Tortos it is slow as hell to get to the turtles , luckily the turtles goes to him most of the time lol. (Yes it was normal, and yes I am noob, but this never happned before)

yeah on meg my pet ports behind the head into the fog and then runs aroundt o get back to me luckily it only pulls 1 of the little rock spider mobs

I just wish they left blink strikes pre nerf :/ I dont care about pvp so I dont understand why should we be punished cause some skills are too op in there.

Pets have definitely felt sluggish since 5.3 but blizzard insists theres no problem.

There are so many times when my pet is running at like 30% runspeed, and is clearly within 25 yards of the target, yet it won't kill command until it slowly makes its way up to melee range. That is if blink strikes doesn't bring it into melee range first, but with the 20 sec ICD that is completely unreliable now.

One place I reliably see the super slow movement is when I'm soloing old raids for pets. Kara for example, my pet will slow to almost a stop when I'm running through the place. All since 5.3.

Deleted
    I've had issues with the pet just randomly stopping mid-air for 20-30 seconds.