Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    looks like fun fights esp iron jugg, malkork and nazgrim
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-06-14 at 11:49 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I'm still not clear about how the numbers will work on the Klaaxi encounter, I guess we won't know until we test it. You start up with 3 active (a specific 3 each week) and then when you kill one another one activates.

The big question is whether you eventually fight all of them every week in a set pattern, or whether it's random once you kill off the first guy. Hello Spirit Kings Mark II.

I'm also curious about whether you'll fight all of them on heroic, only 6 on normal, 4 on flex and LFR - that would be a logical way to nerf the encounter without losing the essence of the fight.

Malkorok - I need to read through those again, I still don't understand how they'll interact.

The first boss looks like a good first boss of a tier - there's not a lot going on and once a group survives the first wave it'll be easy to figure out. And it's one of those fights that gives healers a different way to shine - I like those.

I agree that Iron Juggernaut looks like it could be a lot of fun. Wonder if he drops a mount?

And I look forward to finding out more about the Spoils of Pandaria. So many different things that that could be. Say, wasn't that one giant statue missing its head?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Oh look, yet another corrupted end boss.. how surprising >_>

Rest of the fights look pretty cool. BUt can we for once have an end of expansion fight without the dude/dudette being corrupted?
    He's not corrupted. It looks like he's using Y'shaarj's powers to make himself more powerful, and Y'shaarj allows it because he's not powerful enough to spread chaos.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Does someone know a bit more about the Dark Shaman encounter? Are they those two?:

Kardris is one of the shamans which were located inside Grommash Hold pro Cata
    Haromm is the shaman trainer in Stonard

A bit sad to see them on the dark side; Kardris was the shaman trainer I remember the most when I was a noob. Those were the good times when you had no copper left to buy "Earth Shock Rank 3" ;-)

Paragons of the Klaxxi just sounds like an insanely long fight. You may only have to fight 3 at a time, but you have to run through the ENTIRE set of them, and the order randomizes each week.

So much shit to keep track of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Paragons of the Klaxxi just sounds like an insanely long fight. You may only have to fight 3 at a time, but you have to run through the ENTIRE set of them, and the order randomizes each week.

So much shit to keep track of.
    hmmm i thought you only had to fight 3 of them each week and the ones you fight change from week to week - halfus style.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    He's not corrupted. It looks like he's using Y'shaarj's powers to make himself more powerful, and Y'shaarj allows it because he's not powerful enough to spread chaos.
    Does that not fit the definition of corrupted?

It looks like 13 bosses...so LFR/Flex will presumably be split into 3/3/3/4?

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Not in the WoW sense. Corrupted implies that Y'shaarj is influencing his actions, rather than it being his own pride and arrogance. Though from what we've seen of the Sha, it would appear that the Sha of Pride is at the very least amplifying what was already there...so I suppose you could call that a corruption. Still, 'corruption' in WoW is typically a form of mind control, and there's simply been no evidence of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    hmmm i thought you only had to fight 3 of them each week and the ones you fight change from week to week - halfus style.
    From the Overview:

Defeating a Klaxxi Paragon causes the next Klaxxi Paragon to join the fight. You can tell which Klaxxi Paragons will join the fight next by looking for which ones are Ready to Fight

Deleted
    Only one here thinking that Split from first boss look like Zac in LoL

It seems like he's going to be himself mentally even as his body is fully absorbing y'shaarj. Malkorok on the other hand, how is he even getting y'shaarj empowered when Garrosh himself isn't dipping into it at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    It's actually 14, you missed one.

Anyways, I think they'd want to keep all the Vale bosses together and there are four of those, so I'd say it's more likely to be 4/3/3/4. If one of the bosses turns out to be a "secret" heroic bonus boss, then probably 4/3/3/3. We also can't completely rule out the possibility of a faction specific encounter, though it's somewhat improbable at this point.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    In the dungeon journal Klaaxi entry (I know it's incredibly long) it says:
    Defeating a Klaxxi Paragon causes the next Klaxxi Paragon to join the fight. You can tell which Klaxxi Paragons will join the fight next by looking for which ones are Ready to Fight

The Garrosh encounter looks alright, but I don't like the final phase is similar to phase two except his old abilities are now "empowered" instead. Perhaps heroic mode will throw in an additional final phase, just like with Heroic Ragnaros and Sha of Fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Flex will be the same as normal/heroic I think.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    These fights look really exciting. Loving 5.4.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It's 16 bosses (a few of them don't have dungeon journals yet - protodrake, Spoils of Pandaria). The first four make a logical unit for cleansing the Vale. So it will probably be 4/4/3/3.

They've said that flex raid will be entered as a queued raid, and divided into wings like LFR. I guess this makes it easier for them to open the wings one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    First, technicly if you are evil, do evil, or participate in evil you are corrupted. Corruption is a broad term really. You can't have a villan that con't be considered corrupted in some way shape or form.

What this fight tells us is that EVERYTHING Garrosh did before the fight (especially before going anywhere near panda land) was HIM and only him. He wasn't being controled or used or manipulated. Every choice he made to bring him to this point was his own. He was never controled by the Sha infact it appears that he is the one controlling the Sha. I could be the Sha of Pride is somehow under his control not the other way around. As the fight starts he is still himself thinking for himself and acting without any other party telling him what to do (More than I can say for Arthas). He makes the mistake of using the power of a weakened old god as a weapon thanks to his own stupidity in believing he could use the power of an Old God and there be no consiquinces to him for doing so. Also, considering we defeat the Sha of Pride BEFORE fighting Garrosh it reinforces the assumption that it is not the one making Garrosh doing what he is doing. Otherwise the death of the Sha would end the corruption and thus eliminate the need to finish the job really.

To sum it up, Garrosh is an A-hole all by himself and it's time for him to get what's comming to him. If anything he is probably more corrupted in the sence Illidan was corrupted as in the lust for power not in the sence that Arthas was corrupted by the lich king. Though un-like Illidan no one offered Garrosh power in exchange for his loyalty or whatever. He took it by force.

I like the way this raid is looking. It looks like it will be fun and interesting at the same time as the last chapter of this expansion unfolds. Perhaps they will throw some clues in there to tease us of what is to come in the next one? Would be cool if Garrosh lived and somehow escaped and went to go free the remaining Old Gods to fight along side him and his new stolen Old God powers. Then we could take out the rest of the Old Gods before the Burning Legion gets to our door step...
    Last edited by Mikkael; 2013-06-14 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    as per usual
    6000 abilities
    zero patchwerk fights!

great, just what 90% of wow raiders want