Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

What the hell is wrong with the alliance?

Ok, I've held my tongue in check, I've simply endured the blows, and kept hoping for the best as my faction got treated like dirt, but it really irks me, just how whiny, and ungrateful the alliance fanbase is getting over this expansion. This is ridiculous.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?

I mean check these lovely posts, taken both from here and from the official forums.

We've been pointing out from the beginning that Siege of Orgrimmar can only end in failure for the Alliance since gameplay dictates we can't capture/destroy the city or deal any significant damage to the Horde. The best we can hope for is the canon Garrosh kill, but that will likely go to the rebels. SoO is their story. Alliance is just there to watch.

Unfortunately Blizz seems to think that attacking the Horde capital should be enough to satisfy the Alliance, even if we can't accomplish anything there and the actual attack is only a means to advance the Horde's story. I would not be surprised if you could take the Alliance out of SoO completely without impacting anything -After all, you could in 5.3.
    Getting Stromgarde back would require writing Alliance content and we can't have that after all.
    Lore, I know you're new, but please pass on a message to your bosses - there are TWO factions in this game, you know. Not just HORDE and "other".
    As always, Blizz crushing our hopes. Alliance ones at least.
    Further proves they can care less about the Alliance. Bet the Alliance won't even get their badass retribution in the raid. World of Hordecraft.
    A true fist-pumping moment for the Alliance is too much for the developers.
    At this point I think the best the Alliance can hope for is that we don't lose any of our NPCs and after the battle is over we leave the city of our own accord instead of being forced out by the rebels.

Siege of Orgrimmar is not about Alliance vs. Horde. It's about Garrosh vs. Rebels, and the Alliance has no place in it except as red shirts for Vol'jin.
    Agreed. The Alliance, as a whole, is getting ignored. Less content for one of our races means less content for all of our races.
    Considering we basically got anything, as in "anything is fine" or "any crap mail with a line of text stating what the Alliance is doing instead of actual content", then yea, we won't be ever satisfied with "anything".
    Wait, I forgot, sorry oh master Blizz for letting us glance our eyes upon the glorious Horde and letting us writhe in their shadows.
    It's ok.. I'm sure there will be other cool scenarios that show the Alliance winning something.Maybe a game of poker.

Or an ice cream truck.
    Because having alliance lore progress in a logical manner would actually mean us winning battles against Metzen's pet faction, and we can't have that. I mean hell, the only way the horde is even allowed to lose is to themselves.

Taking advantage of the Barrens rebellion to reclaim Stromgarde to stave off Forsaken expansionism? Nah, too obvious

Taking active measures to protect the vale from goblin excavations right in front of our base?
    Most certainly not!

Using covert op tactics to secure a front from Ashenvale for the night elves while Garrosh's attention is diverted to the rebellion happening just south? No no, a mechanical cat stealing papers will do. Because that's totally fist pumping content.
    The reason is that I know the rules of a game I have played since the Dawn of Time (or so it seems).

Rule Number One states: "Heaven forbid Alliance ever gains a city, they only lose them."
    So we lose:

- STRATHOLME (before WoW even starts)
    - STROMGARDE (ditto)
    - GILNEAS (plagued by the Forsaken)
    - SOUTHSHORE (plagued and destroyed by the Forsaken)
    - MENETHIL (almost completely flooded)
    - AUBERDINE (flooded and destroyed)
    - THERAMORE: nuked into oblivion (sigh)

In the meanwhile, Horde loses... Camp Taurajo? Gimme a break.

I know my love story with the Klaxxi is going to end tragically. But I guess my love story with this game is going to end even more tragically... when Blizzard decides to pull the final plug on it and does that by destroying Stormwind, the only significant city left to Humans in the game.

Sorry to be so bitter (I still love this game to pieces), but as I said: "You hurt Ogre, no more good Ogre."

EDIT:
    Was forgetting ANDORHAL. :P
    It makes me slam my head at my desk at the blatant degree of ignorance, and overwhelming tendencies to accentuate the negative while looking the other way for the MANY MANY MANY MANY gifts the alliance has received in this expansion which is basically a love letter to the alliance, and a kick in the balls to the horde.

Don't believe me? Put yourselves in our shoes will ya.

Less than 15 min after starting the expansion we lose our airship while you keep yours and it becomes "The Proud Flagship of the Alliance" "The ship that took down Deathwing" "The warmachine that rains death and destruction upon the horde in every single engagement it happens"

We get to lose General Nazgrim, an orc that we've fought side-by-side with since WOTLK back when he was a simple sergeant, and we've grown to admire and respect him. And he's going the way of the do-do in 5.4 while you get to keep your spiffy Admiral Taylor, and Admiral Rogers.

We get to be kicked out of Dalaran like vermin, with a large chunk of our people locked inside as prisoners, and the alliance gains a frikking new capital.

We got to the island of thunder to get some sort of power against garrosh. What do we get? a golem's triple-A batteries. What does the alliance gets? THE POWER OF THE FRIKKING THUNDER KING!

Blizzard introduces 2 scenarios in 5.1 1 alliance and 1 horde. What's the alliance scenario about? Why of course you guys delivering a shameful defeat upon us by playing us like stupid fiddlesticks and luring us into the most obvious trap ever, and butcher our forces en masse in the most humilliating ways possible, including beign turned into exploding chickens. What do we get? hmm......... one of our most beloved leaders gets a knife in the neck, and we have to fight our own people

We get to watch as our beloved faction gets run to the ground, broken, splintered and shattered, as we get to be forced to work with a monster and a madman whether we want it or not, while you get to play the heroes, saving the world from our insanity.

We get to watch one of our beloved leaders, the same one who barely survived his encounter with death, PLEAD AND BEG to the alliance for help because we obviously are too weak to even put a dent on orgrimmar on our own. Great, we have to grovel and bow to our enemies in order to survive, while they get to smugly laugh and look at us with condencendance.

Alliance gets to canonically invade one of our capitals FOR THE SECOND TIME (first time was battle for undercity). How many times have we canonically invaded an alliance capital? hmmmmmm that's right, ZERO.

Ohh but it gets better, The final big bad of the expansion is a major horde figure, and the main cannon fodder you guys get to trample and butcher by the hundreds are horde soldiers, The Kor'kron, the supposedly ELITE of our forces. You get to walk all over our elite forces and kill them all as if they were simple redshirts. When was the last time we got to do that on a major scale, for a full expansion with the alliance's elite, 7th Legion? ohh that's right, NEVER, THAT'S WHEN.

Hell, even in gameplay you have been blessed. Remember Krasarang? I sure do. Quests get random every day, and sometimes, the alliance is attacking domination point, while other time the horde attacks lion's landing. When the alliance attacks us? they take over our docks, they have airships bombarding the CORE OF OUR BASE from the sky, and they set the outer perimeter on fire. When we get to "invade" lion's landing? Hmm............ we dont' get within a 100 yards of the damn thing. Because the most we get to do is fight in the barricades well outside your base. Great, you pwn our base, but we don't even get to be inside yours.

It gets better. Alliance rares in Lion's landing? priest one is in the middle of SIX MOBS. Warrior one is in the middle of SEVEN MOBS. Rogue one is right next to 2, and blinks away constantly so she ends up pulling 4 extras all the time. Horde rares in domination point? Rogue is in a tower in the middle of nowhere, so you allies can kill it without pesky mobs interrupting, Warrior one is right at the entrance with no backup save for 2 mobs that don't pull with him when you attack him from range, priest one is at the back of the base near a very convenient stump you can use to fight her with no extra adds.

Nice.

Even your major lore figures get love. Anduin is pretty much the protagonist of this expansion. he shows up in 60% of pandaria, and when he does, we horde players HAVE to work with him, and he ends up SAVING OUR ASSES. Yeah, goody. He's even part of the frikking legendary quest. Varian gets to be blue jesus, Jaina does nothing but kick major @ss (and be an @ss) and even Moira gets her own moment of awesome.

Our lore figures? Thrall goes MIA, Vol'jin gets a knife to the neck, and hten has to grovel and beg for the alliance to help us or face anihilation, Nazgrim gets killed, Garrosh is completely insane and treats us just as bad as our enemies, Baine barely gets a cameo, Sylvannas is MIA, Gallywix to this day hasn't even been SEEN so he may as well not exist. Pretty much the only Major Horde Figure to receive any form of love is Lor'themar and I'd say ABOUT DAMN TIME, given that he's been nothing but a joke since he was introduced. (Remember his pissed off quote? "DON'T TOUCH THE HAIR". Yeah, even when angry he's supposed to be comic relief)

So, in bottom line my dear dear alliance players: SHUT THE HELL UP AND STOP COMPLAINING, AND INSTEAD, APPRECIATE JUST HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT YOU UNGRATEFUL WHELPS

Put yourselves in our shoes will ya? lets use our imagination for a while, lets imagine that the roles are reversed. You wanna be us? you wanna receive the "love" we've received in this expansion? lets imagine that shall we?

You arrive at the jade forest, all pumped up in your badass gunship......... and it goes in flames within 15 min.

Varian is an insane bastard who goes in a genocidal rampage, his 7th Legion troops acting like complete fascists and treating friend and foe like dirt.

A major horde figure shows up in 60% of pandaria, you WILL have to work for him regardless if you like it or not, and he WILL save your butt. He's also gonna be a part of the legendary quest, and is pretty much the protagonist of the expansion.

Then 5.1 arrives. Horde gets a spiffy scenario where they deliver a crushing defeat to the alliance by playing them like a violin and cutting the strings, while you guys get a scenario where all you do is watch Muradin get a knife to the neck and have to fight your own people.

It gets better, the horde base is untouched by the war in krasarang, while yours gets trashed when its your turn to take a beating, the rares you have to kill are packed in the middle of the base, while the ones we have to kill are in convenient secluded locations for easy picking.

Then Varian gets the divine bell and its the horde who has to save the world from him using it, we beat you in your own game and get it, and when you sneaky thieves take it, we frikking kick you out of dalaran and claim THAT for ourselves. Do you get to at least keep the bell? nope, one of our protagonists destroys it, so you lose and lose.

Come 5.2 we get to loot the epic power of the thunder king while you have to settle for the battery of a golem.

Come 5.3 and you get to grovel at our feet begging for our help and we just let you kill each other while sipping martinis in our city, and waiting for the time to strike, while getting the nice title "Alliancebreaker"

Come 5.4 we attack stormwind, we kill your king, we butcher your elite forces, and we rub it in your faces that you are alive BECAUSE WE ARE LETTING YOU LIVE, not because you're strong or anything.

Would you like that deal? no? THEN SHUT UP, BECAUSE THAT'S THE DEAL WE RECEIVED FROM THE DEVS AND WE GOTTA LIVE WITH IT.

Good god >_<

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because we've been shat on ever since 4.0. Now we have a chance to get back what's been lost, and Blizz is going to muck it up because "We can't have Alliance questing in Lordaeron."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    So, in bottom line my dear dear alliance players: SHUT THE HELL UP AND STOP COMPLAINING, AND INSTEAD, APPRECIATE JUST HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT YOU UNGRATEFUL WHELPS

Good god >_<
    Quality thread...you complaining about people complaining...take your own advice.

overwhelming tendencies to accentuate the negative
    And what are you doing, exactly?
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    You did not seriously expect us to read that wall of text?

Deleted
    All that quotes are correct... your point ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Because we've been shat on ever since 4.0. Now we have a chance to get back what's been lost, and Blizz is going to muck it up because "We can't have Alliance questing in Lordaeron."
    once the kor'kron are dealt with in the undercity i would be more worried about sylvanas taking over the entire eastern kingdoms than worrying about not having an alliance quest hub in lordaeron :S

I agree with OP,

People are moaning about Ali getting no love and the whole Exp basically being about Horde, but in that "A Little Patience" scenario there was some AWESOME characterisation and development for the Alliance leaders!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Lol biased wall of text is biased. 2/10 made me respond

Deleted
    Welcome to Cata was for us.. and it still sits abit wrong.
    And your stinky old Horde is not forgotten in this expansion, you're just playing a different role, you're not losing, you're changing for the better

Remember the massive intro your dear old Horde had to Twilight Highlands? I remember playing that on my belf and it was fucking awesome.
    Fleet of zepp's coming in through the mountains, dragons attack and you help out overthrow a mad leader.
    Ours not so impressive, the flight over was even in darkness until the plane was stuck in the ship, we fight some hordes off and then plants a bomb on one zeppelin and that's pretty much it.

Thrall the fucking centerfigure of your damn horde was played the mainrole in Cata and no one in the alliance considered him Neutral, he's the personification of the Horde.

Long story short, The Alliance have gotten abit of it's glory back but considering the shitstorm we've taken in the past it's understandable we're skeptical about how it'll end.
    The Horde has always gotten the big stick and the Alliance have been playing the passive ladies and that's how we still feel to a degree.
    Your whinyness is worse than alot I've seen before, usually the Ally player comes with a comment or two because of how it's been in the past while you overshadowed them all with your butthurt post of doom.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I agree with OP,

People are moaning about Ali getting no love and the whole Exp basically being about Horde, but in that "A Little Patience" scenario there was some AWESOME characterisation and development for the Alliance leaders!
    Yeah, especially Tyrande being shown as a moron in order to make Varian even greater leader.

Ok you can complain just as well as random people on the forums. Good job?
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I agree with OP,

Because one scenario's good enough for the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Yeah, especially Tyrande being shown as a moron in order to make Varian even greater leader.
    Pfft, she was clearly just intimidated my Varians chin and forgot that she's been leading armys into battle for 10'000 years or so.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    None of those little "victories" actually compare to destroying a city, let alone a capital.

By all martial logic, Horde has to be broken by its capital being sacked and its warchief slain. No sane army would forgive its enemies. Buuuuut, this isn't WARcraft after all.

Deleted
    - airship: well you're right that ours (still) isn't destroyed, i don't feel quite guilty because since cata the horde had magnataurs, proto-drakes, even kraken that ALMOST DESTROYED OUR ENTIRE FLEET! so i dont think we quite owe you for still having our airship.

- general nazgrim's death: we don't even know he is going to die, just that he's a boss, but our admiral Taylor is nazgrim's counterpart. good chances the good admiral will perish aswell.

- purge of dalaran: if you've done the quests as a horde, you know that you get to kill alot of Alliance/kirin tor forces while in the city, just walk to the center of the city like you own the place, you get to free Aethas Sunreaver, a major character and you just leave, and if you have done the Alliance quests you would know that we suffered a defeat because of the stopped negotiations between the Blood elves and the Alliance.

- golems and thunder king's power: you do realize that the blood elves now have the option of making an big army of goloms. i think neither side wins or loses here.

- Vol'Jin begging: uhm, FYI the Alliance goes to him to OFFER HELP. oh ye we get to call on his bluff, but only after massive negative response towards blizzard.

- siege of orgrimmar and undercity: good example, in both cases we invade a horde capital under OCCUPATION, the undercity by putress and varimathras, and ogrimmar by a denounced warchief. while you have invaded in gilneas city (canonically the capital of the worgens) and though before WoW stormwind has been destroyed once by the horde.

- Kor'kron elite: true, we have been killing alot of kor'kron, but you have been killing alot of our 7th legion aswell, silverpine forest you wipe the floor with them and before garrosh nuked theramore, a huge amount of 7th legion forces came to the defense of the city while being obliterated by the mana-bomb.

- anduin: hmm being forced to interact with another faction's major character, where does that sound familiair... oh yea thrall during the entirety of cata.

so all and all, you've got nothing to complain about

Deleted
    I play alliance and we do have it WAY better than horde this expansion. As opposed to Cataclysm. Some people always want more i guess. Some people complain of the lack of quests for alliance in 5.3 , while it is true we could of had some extra quests on our end like getting the alliance army ready and so on, i don't see how a few extra one time quests define this expansion as horde loving. When they are shown to take panda kids as hostages , get kicked out of the vale , getting kicked out of dalaran, bad horde or not they ARE killing each other and "reducing" their numbers as a whole and alliance gets to kill too, as well as using the rebel forces to go in first in the siege of Orgrimmar thus saving more of alliance lives ( if i understood right, that the rebels attack first).

Add to that , in 5.3 while horde is killing horde , the alliance makes stronger ties with the dark irons or all dwarves as a whole ( blood in the snow scenario). What happens in 5.4 remains to be seen in regards to alliance and horde. I might be ok with it i might not, but so far the alliance has been doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    All that quotes are correct... your point ?
    No they are not. For example Horde lost more then Camp Taujaro. Horde also lost Sun Point, Bloodvenom Point, Kargath, the warsong lumber camp and in a way Dalaran (should it ever reappear).

And all that not 10 years ago but from Cataclysm to now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Oh boo hoo. The Horde had been 'shat on' (your analogy) in all content up to 4.0, then the tables turn and suddenly the Alliance can't handle it. And apparently even the siege of Orgrimmar and the defeat of the Horde isn't enough for them, they want Stromgarde and Lordaeron back as well.

No, I think it is the Alliance who want everything and are never satisfied. Heck, if Blizzard had chosen to let the Horde raid Stormwind I think some Alliance fan would seriously consider a terrorist attack on Blizzard headquarters, they are that insane.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by agarohai View Post
    so all and all, you've got nothing to complain about
    Lol, the Alliance has pretty much all their heroes from Warcraft 1 and 2 still being alive while the Horde has nobody left from that era.

Heck, the Alliance has even been promised to get Turalyon and Alleria back, while they already have so many heroes that Blizzard can't even fit them all into the story. Hence why Khadgar, Danath, Tirion, Malfurion, Tyrande and countless others just have to wait for 'their' time to shine maybe once in 6 expansions. This expansion they decided to use Jaina, Varian and Anduin. Next expansion they choose another 3 because they simply have too many options to choose from.

That is also the reason Alliance heroes tend to go neutral, the Horde has no equivalent hero or faction left.

Horde side is easy, they don't have many notable characters. And now it's very possible that a few of them are killed off on top of that. The plus side to all of this is of course that most Horde characters get enough screentime, because there aren't a whole lot to work with.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-06-14 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agarohai View Post
    - airship: well you're right that ours (still) isn't destroyed, i don't feel quite guilty because since cata the horde had magnataurs, proto-drakes, even kraken that ALMOST DESTROYED OUR ENTIRE FLEET! so i dont think we quite owe you for still having our airship.
    I don't give a rat's ass about the books, IN THE GAME, we've had none of the sort. In fact, ALL our airships are blown up. We lose one in the worgen starting zone, another one in deepholm, another one in the intro to twilight highlands, another one in endtime, another one in dragon soul, and now another one in Jade Forest.

- general nazgrim's death: we don't even know he is going to die, just that he's a boss, but our admiral Taylor is nazgrim's counterpart. good chances the good admiral will perish aswell.
    Wanna take a bet that Taylor lives while Nazgrim doesn't? I'm willing to make an alt on your realm, sell one of my pets in your AH and pay you 500g if Taylor dies and Nazgrim doesn't (or even if just Taylor dies). As long as your realm is US.

- purge of dalaran: if you've done the quests as a horde, you know that you get to kill alot of Alliance/kirin tor forces while in the city, just walk to the center of the city like you own the place, you get to free Aethas Sunreaver, a major character and you just leave, and if you have done the Alliance quests you would know that we suffered a defeat because of the stopped negotiations between the Blood elves and the Alliance.
    So? WE LOSE THE CITY. And you gain the city. And the alliance didn't suffered any defeat, you know as well as I do there's no way in hell blood elves could join the alliance from a gameplay perspective. Meanwhile, when dalaran shows up again in the future (and you just know it will) it will be alliance-only. That was one of my most favorite cities and now my toons are banned from it forever.

- golems and thunder king's power: you do realize that the blood elves now have the option of making an big army of goloms. i think neither side wins or loses here.
    I guess I missed the part were we capture Ra'den to have an endless supply of Anima to keep making blood golems. Ohhh wait, that never happened. Jaina on the other hand is now wielding the power of a Demi-god.

- Vol'Jin begging: uhm, FYI the Alliance goes to him to OFFER HELP. oh ye we get to call on his bluff, but only after massive negative response towards blizzard.
    Fine, I'll concede you that one, but I'm still pissed off about it, Vol'jin shoudln't have to be begging anyone, let alone say stuff like "we wont even crack the outer walls without your help". Not after all we've lost in this expansion already.

- siege of orgrimmar and undercity: good example, in both cases we invade a horde capital under OCCUPATION, the undercity by putress and varimathras, and ogrimmar by a denounced warchief. while you have invaded in gilneas city (canonically the capital of the worgens) and though before WoW stormwind has been destroyed once by the horde.
    So? Again, I care about what we AS PLAYERS do. Do I get to invade Gilneas? nope, that whole thing happens from the point of view of the worgens, by the time we players go there, its only to be beaten back by the worgens, the best we do is pick off a few troops, recover a corpse and GTFO. And the invasion of Stormwind was by a different group. The old Horde. And again, didn't happened in wow, so why should I give a crap about that?

Meanwhile, alliance players get to canonically set foot in our cities TWICE and kill shit inside of it.

- Kor'kron elite: true, we have been killing alot of kor'kron, but you have been killing alot of our 7th legion aswell, silverpine forest you wipe the floor with them and before garrosh nuked theramore, a huge amount of 7th legion forces came to the defense of the city while being obliterated by the mana-bomb.
    1 lousy quest deals with killing 7th legion forces. 1. You guys get a full expansion.

- anduin: hmm being forced to interact with another faction's major character, where does that sound familiair... oh yea thrall during the entirety of cata.
    This is another point that irks me, why do people bitch about thrall so much? entirety of cata? hardly. Wanna count how many times thrall showed up in cata? Goblin zone (which alliance players never see, so you can't count that as him being shoved down your throat). 1 very brief cameo before going to deepholm, 1 non-canon cameo in twilight highlands (Its not canon because its just a nightmare), 1 quest-chain in hyjal, 1 instance, 1 raid. That's it.

All in all, alliance players just don't realize how good they have it in this expansion.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)