Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    Us copyright law sucks shit out of asses.

Deleted
    Apparently game reviews and videos are covered in the Fair Use Law.

Atleast Game Reviews are.

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    But that doesn't happen. It hasn't happened and it won't happen. There are thousands of skyrim videos on youtube, most of them making money off it, but yet Bethesda still holds their copyright.
    And again, that only holds if they maintain they are unaware of the vids.

Sega is just covering their asses. I doubt they'll be scouring YouTube videos, searching for monetized gameplay vids. From what I've heard, pretty much every game reviewer has already received permission to post vids, and they didn't have to "get on their hands and knees and beg." They filled out a short form e-mail.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post

Sega is just covering their asses. I doubt they'll be scouring YouTube videos, searching for monetized gameplay vids. From what I've heard, pretty much every game reviewer has already received permission to post vids, and they didn't have to "get on their hands and knees and beg." They filled out a short form e-mail.
    They did something worse befor scoured youtube after all Shining Force videos and removed most of them by claiming copyright even stuff that have been up for years just so their trailer for the new shining force game would show up on search a lot easier this pissed a lot of people off.

They even copyright claimed videos that just had someone talking about Shining Force not even showing gameplay or playing any of the music.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2013-08-31 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I admit it's not as bad as just outright saying "no you can't do that". But it's still scummy. If bethesda can keep their copyright by claiming ignorance of the videos, why can't SEGA?
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

I admit it's not as bad as just outright saying "no you can't do that". But it's still scummy. If bethesda can keep their copyright by claiming ignorance of the videos, why can't SEGA?
    Because the Japanese have always had a very different view of copyright, fair use, and acceptable use of their intellectual property.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flea medicine is expensive

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtiko View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PQTkvp9.png[IMG]
    Thats....your fetish? Youre a weird adorable one!
    Sig by Thor

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the Japanese have always had a very different view of copyright, fair use, and acceptable use of their intellectual property.
    Let's say someone gives you a sandbox. They sell the rights for you to play in their sandbox to you. You decide to build a sandcastle. Does the sandcastle belong to you or to the person who sold you the rights to play in the sandbox?

I'm up to no good and nopony can stop me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtiko View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PQTkvp9.png[/IG]

Let's say someone gives you a sandbox. They sell the rights for you to play in their sandbox to you. You decide to build a sandcastle. Does the sandcastle belong to you or to the person who sold you the rights to play in the sandbox?
    Since it's still their sandbox, and presumably their sand, it belongs to them. It's still their property, unless they sell it itself to you.

We're talking about a video game. It is intellectual property. They sell you the right to play it, but the content is still theirs. That is how copyright works.

15+ Year Old Account
    hehe i think this video fits our LS/FC very well

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Silly Daggy and why would anyone stop you?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    So nopony in the thread that have played or plays Gnomoria ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it's still their sandbox, and presumably their sand, it belongs to them. It's still their property, unless they sell it itself to you.

We're talking about a video game. It is intellectual property. They sell you the right to play it, but the content is still theirs. That is how copyright works.
    Each experience in a video game is different from person to person. Each sandcastle (experience) in the dev's sandbox (game) belongs to the person who created it. Unless you can seriously claim that your playthrough in a video game belongs to the devs and publishers.

10+ Year Old Account

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    hehe i think this video fits our LS/FC very well
    [video=youtube;h3LGf9SSWrU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU[/vdeo]
    We are many, we are legion!

- - - Updated - - -

Each experience in a video game is different from person to person. Each sandcastle (experience) in the dev's sandbox (game) belongs to the person who created it. Unless you can seriously claim that your playthrough in a video game belongs to the devs and publishers.
    Except it's still the dev's sandbox. You can't pick up the sandcastle and move it, not without the permission of the person that owns the sandbox. That's what's going on here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3XRXrHp.gif[/IG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it's still the dev's sandbox. You can't pick up the sandcastle and move it, not without the permission of the person that owns the sandbox. That's what's going on here.
    This is where we disagree. This is also where the analogy stops applying because software patents are different from normal thing patents because they do not work. They don't and for the exact reasons I've been saying for the past however long. Each experience is different. Every user experience will be different, even if it's minuet. You cannot patent someone's experience.