Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    You know though, there was this case in the UK (VERY recently) where a teacher was in court for "abusing" 3 of her early-teen students. The students asked for no punishment or trial repeatedly and even thanked the teacher for what she had done. There was no mention for the stance of the families though. It's not only a perception, it's a fact.
    The boy was quoted to say to his principal "this has to stop". It's even mentioned in the article.

The kid was drunk. There was never any real consent.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    In my opinion, it absolutely should not matter whether the perpetrator was a woman or a man. This is an 11 year old. Here, if you rape a child under the age of 13 you can be subject to the death penalty.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 05:40 AM ----------

He's 11. He can't give consent legally. He was also being drugged with alcohol, which would further remove any possibility that he could give actual consent.
    So... 11, alcohol + sex + no protection (the least of the problems obviously) + potential rape from the woman. I am more than inclined in getting to know that woman professionally. My guess would be that her self-esteem is so low, that she needed the 11 y.o. to fill her needs and worries. Disturbing at least.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    The boy was quoted to say to his principal "this has to stop". It's even mentioned in the article.

The kid was drunk. There was never any real consent.
    That's very strange. I clearly remember that they asked for all charges to be dropped. Was that not the case?

10+ Year Old Account
    So... 11, alcohol + sex + no protection (the least of the problems obviously) + potential rape from the woman. I am more than inclined in getting to know that woman professionally. My guess would be that her self-esteem is so low, that she needed the 11 y.o. to fill her needs and worries. Disturbing at least.
    Honestly, I could care less what drove her to do it. The kid she raped should be the focus of our attention, and preventing her from ever having the opportunity to commit such a heinous act again.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

That's very strange. I clearly remember that they asked for all charges to be dropped. Was that not the case?
    Here, I found it...

"You won't be very happy with me," he recalled the boy saying. He said he had been having sex with his friend's mother "and it needs to stop".

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How can you have a loophole in such a crucial law. Fucking a 11 years old boy after making him drunk is the clearest case of rape I've heard in some time. This woman carries all the evidence we need inside her.

It's a 100% or 0% case.
    How often does a case like this come up to force a law change? She's still looking at up to 14 years in jail for it according to 132 of http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/p...DLM346175.html

10+ Year Old Account
    eww..just eww... Is the woman going to prison? >.<

One-sided laws exist in many countries. As an example, in a number of places if two underage people have sex the law labels it as an act of rape and the male as the one doing the raping. The circumstances are irrelevant and it does not matter if the female had given her consent.

Taking the topic further, most countries have obsolete laws in general. This is merely a glaring example (due to the publicity it has received) even if alternative charges can be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Honestly, I could care less what drove her to do it. The kid she raped should be the focus of our attention, and preventing her from ever having the opportunity to commit such a heinous act again.
    That would be correct, but I am more inclined in learning more about the offenders in each case, and what drives them so I can later prevent anyone from commiting anything like that.

That was my point in the previous thread too.

Prolepsis is the best med. Take care of the offenders to have no more of them later.

That's awful, I hope the kid is able to get the help he needs. And yes of course they should change the law, that's archaic.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sexist laws abound. How anyone could be short sighted enough to write a law that only pertains to one sex is beyond comprehension.
    Back in the day (particularly through the Victorian era) women were dismissed as having no sexual agency basically, so there weren't included when such laws were drafted. Basically shitty discriminatory attitudes towards women are what let that legal gap exist.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-06-15 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    They are not labeling the boy as being anything but a victim. It's just a case of the language of the law being outdated and nobody thought to change it.
    I did not say that. It was another example of an obsolete law. I changed the wording to make this more obvious.

Deleted
    Well, at least the kid was the first guy in his class to "score". That should cosole him, a bit.

I just don't get the woman's motives. What pleasure could possibly a 11-year old with his childish appratus bring to an adult woman, who has children (and most likely is kinda... wide... for him)?

EDIT: Also, if his classmate starts on him, he can always say "Shut up, I !@#$ed you mother". Another benefit.

Upon further reading it appears that while women cannot be charged with "rape", they can be charged with "sexual violation" which also carries a maximum sentence of 20 years. So everyone can calm down a little about sexist laws.
    Ah ty for clarifying.
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that is horrible. How is that boy gonna be able to manage going to elementary school and working a job to pay child support. Poor little dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Well, at least the kid was the first guy in his class to "score". That should cosole him, a bit.

I just don't get the woman's motives. What pleasure could possibly a 11-year old with his childish appratus bring to an adult woman, who has children (and most likely is kinda... wide... for him)?
    No, that kid was abused. Full stop. It's not ok regardless of what gender they are, and making jokes like that trivialises the way the offence is regarded.

And can we please stop with the idea that rape is all about attraction and pleasure. It isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post

EDIT: Also, if his classmate starts on him, he can always say "Shut up, I !@#$ed you mother". Another benefit.
    If I had a stick, I would beat you over the head with it at this moment. Way too tired to explain coherently why everything you just posted is so completely disgusting.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Upon further reading it appears that while women cannot be charged with "rape", they can be charged with "sexual violation" which also carries a maximum sentence of 20 years. So everyone can calm down a little about sexist laws.
    It says rape (20 years max) and sexual abuse/violation (14 years max) in the German article.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    No, that kid was abused. Full stop. It's not ok regardless of what gender they are, and making jokes like that trivialises the way the offence is regarded.

And can we please stop with the idea that rape is all about attraction and pleasure. It isn't.
    I'm not saying it is ok. I'm saying this cloud has a pretty silver lining.
    Maybe, this little guy will also avoid alcohol in the future, and will live a healthy life as a result. There's always lots of silver lining.

So an 11 year old is going to jail for 20 years for being abused?

Do they not have minor sex laws over there?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    So an 11 year old is going to jail for 20 years for being abused?

Do they not have minor sex laws over there?
    Nah. Kid is with child youth and family being treated as the victim. The woman is looking at prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Wow, that is horrible. How is that boy gonna be able to manage going to elementary school and working a job to pay child support. Poor little dude.
    I laughed harder than I should have.