Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I know at least 134 hardcore raiders left because of LFR.
    Force us to play with newbs, ninja looters and AFKs.
    this makes no sense...
    if they really were hardcore raiders... NO newbs, ninja looters and AFKs would ever be in their raid... or were they random-pickup-group hardmode raiding? lol...

only thing that might have pissed them off is... now everyone has epixx and legendaries... i'm not special anymore... *cry cry cry*
    and thats a self esteem problem and not wow problem...

and look above for destil's post... /signed

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    LOL?

Do you realize HOW MANY Casual Players play WoW?

You aren't the majority.

If LFR didn't exist Subs would be down to 4 million or much lower.
    Thanks.
    Save your breath man.

Given the OP's 2 digit post count, I won't be surprised if he was just a troll.

This topic of LFR has been beaten to death. The only reason I can see someone making yet another thread about it is to troll the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    You're making excuses now to justify your own opinion of LFR.

Please, do this for me:

Make a poll and see how many people run LFR compared to Normal and Heroic raiding.
    Do you think forum polls are reliable? rofl

It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

"In October 2010, two months before the release of the Cataclysm expansion pack, Blizzard reported that World of Warcraft had exceeded 12 million subscribers. Today Morhaime gave a figure of 11.4 million. That's 600,000 subscribers gone.

Morhaime said that subscriptions had returned to pre-Cataclysm levels. They've nearly dropped to pre-Wrath of the Lich King levels, to be accurate. A month after the second expansion pack's November 2008 release, subscription rates hit 11.5 million. A little over two months' prior they had just hit 11 million."

You said subs dropped to 9.1 when LFR didn't exist. You are a liar.

LFR was introduced in 4.3 and subs dropped to 8.3 million.

LFR is done by many players. Heroic raiding is not. Why on earth do people think that LFR will go away? It won't. There maybe some special items that won't drop in LFR, but there is already that, see Thunderforged items.

LFR is here to stay and not going anywhere. People need to accept that and move on with their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by swagster View Post
    World of Warcraft lost 600,000 players shortly after the release of Cataclysm. Cataclysm was already shitty, LFR was pretty much the final nail in the coffin.
    Why was cataclysm bad? The only reason players left is because heroics were hard again and so were raids. It took the top guilds like 4 months to down tier 11's final boss with no bug, or resistance gear grinds. Pvp balance has always been awful honestly. Tbc was world of rng craft and woltk was world of random burst craft. Cataclysm was ok outside of mages. Mist is meh as well.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

"In October 2010, two months before the release of the Cataclysm expansion pack, Blizzard reported that World of Warcraft had exceeded 12 million subscribers. Today Morhaime gave a figure of 11.4 million. That's 600,000 subscribers gone.

Morhaime said that subscriptions had returned to pre-Cataclysm levels. They've nearly dropped to pre-Wrath of the Lich King levels, to be accurate. A month after the second expansion pack's November 2008 release, subscription rates hit 11.5 million. A little over two months' prior they had just hit 11 million."

You ignored the rest of my points.

I said conduct a poll for every player.

You're making excuses now to justify your opinion.

Wanna know what else was introduced that patch?

Dragon Soul.

And we all know how that went.

Wanna know what else happened after Dragon Soul?

10 months of performing the same content over and over again; content that just consisted of 8 bosses and recycled environments.

Yup.

It's totally LFR.

Totally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The business depends on the removal of LFR.

It's either remove or let subs drop more.

On the contrary, everything Blizzard has done to cater to entitled whiners has backfired since end of Wrath/beginning of Cataclysm. Which is coincidentally the first expansion Ghostcrawler was fully around to make decisions with.

The vocal minority complained that Wrath dungeons were too easy > Cata dungeons were hard. The uproar was immense. The silent majority spoke out in volumes and subs started dramatically dropping. As a result, Firelands was significantly easier than the previous tier, and Dragon Soul 5-Mans were Wrath easy, along with Dragon Soul. However the damage was already done.

This on top of many other simple quality of life, or "casual" features, that were taken away in Cata and now in MoP, and you have an unsurprising 4 million subs lost in the last 4 years.

However it is somewhat believable that LFR could make players leave the game. Only an idiot would quit the game over a feature that doesn't affect them whatsoever, and this game is full of idiots.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-06-15 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Given the OP's 2 digit post count, I won't be surprised if he was just a troll.

and maybe that join date also coincides with his wow join date

Not this expansion because like GC said it would be a harsh decision at this point. But it's clear that they are brainstorming solutions for LFR as you can see in the second tweet. It's safe to assume that big changes are gonna happen next expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 01:10 PM ----------

Your point is? This is just another proof that they're gonna add exclusive content more and more to discourage players of doing LFR. It's obvious that they won't take anything away from LFR until the end of MOP.
    Harsh bait and switch at this time meaning any time at all past what we've already been doing. N/H already has mounts and titles, so we're used to not getting everything from LFR. It's not a big deal. We'll still get the same stuff we're used to, but anything besides basic gear will come from other places - think DS where N/H had other gear/weapon/trinket options.

I very much doubt we'll be seeing any significant changes to LFR in the foreseeable future. It's in a good place right now, and many of the most glaring issues that have arisen since the end of Cataclysm have been addressed in one way or another.

I don't see anything in GCs tweets that implies a rework. He's simply outlining the intent behind LFR and providing some context for it.

If anything I'd expect more reworks to the other raiding difficulties, similar to what we'll be seeing in 5.4 with the additional rewards they mentioned and the introduction of flex raiding.

Nothing about LFR is particularly broken right now. I think people are starting to get a little tired of the random nature of loot, and some of the tuning this expansion (particularly in ToT) has been very inconsistent, but overall the system's working just fine. I can't see any reason why a rework would be necessary. The other raiding difficulties, though, do need a little more attention if the devs want to make them more attractive.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact.http://www.mmo-champion.com/newreply...ply&p=21466023

Subs were already dropping before Lfr. The annual pass, Lfr, and transmog slowed sub decline. I mean this has been proven so many times on this forum it is not even funny anymore.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Stop it already. Blizzard won't do anything, demanded by 1% of players. They've done it twice already and in both cases it caused huge game fails. They won't do it third time in a row only to confirm this law. It much more simplier to let them go, as 80k players won't make any sence, if you'll compare it with 1,3m of quited players. So you should just thank God and Blizzard, that any raiding content except LFR is still exist and supported. Blizzard rather delete N and H in next xpack, then do something with LFR.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-06-15 at 03:30 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    Stop it already. Blizzard won't do anything, demanded by 1% of players. They've done it twice already
    Twice?
    The beginning of Cata's 5 man heroic, and when is the 2nd time?

That PvP gear change recently is a score 1 for baddies.

Deleted
    god I only hope people won't be able to get legendary in LFR. It's just retarded how they hand best items in the game for facerolling bosses in LFR.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thread should have been closed after this post.....

They already shot themselves in one foot, may as well shoot the other one and get it over with.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    They already shot themselves in one foot, may as well shoot the other one and get it over with.
    You haven't read a single thing in this thread have you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of you are so delusional if you ever think they are going to remotely remove one of the best features in the god dam game. I personally condem the feature It's fucking terrible but I'm not going to bitch about it and quit over it unlike some of you. Well I am bitching right now because you honestly think they are going to remove it which is just LOL no never.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    On the contrary, everything Blizzard has done to cater to entitled whiners has backfired since end of Wrath/beginning of Cataclysm. Which is coincidentally the first expansion Ghostcrawler was fully around to make decisions with.

The vocal minority complained that Wrath dungeons were too easy > Cata dungeons were hard. The uproar was immense. The silent majority spoke out in volumes and subs started dramatically dropping. As a result, Firelands was significantly easier than the previous tier, and Dragon Soul 5-Mans were Wrath easy, along with Dragon Soul. However the damage was already done.

This on top of many other simple quality of life, or "casual" features, that were taken away in Cata and now in MoP, and you have an unsurprising 4 million subs lost in the last 4 years.

However it is somewhat believable that LFR could make players leave the game. Only an idiot would quit the game over a feature that doesn't affect them whatsoever, and this game is full of idiots.
    Precisely this. Keeping the game 'easier' and more accessible is what keeps the numbers high and the servers populated. When they introduced the 'hard' dungeons in Cata, that began the downward spiral. It picked back up actually during the quarters of Dragon Soul and LFR. Then with MoP and the excessive daily grinds not suitable for casuals... it just plummeted.

As much as you 'hardcore' gamers want to make things challenging, you need to realize that keeping the game populated hinges on a low bar for accessibility. Just enjoy your hardmodes and allow everyone else to enjoy LFR/Normal/whatever.

15+ Year Old Account
    a lot of people would come back actually. I don't know about you guys, but I have a large number of guild mates that left WoW to play LoL since blizzard killed 25 man raiding with LFR.
    LFR has no effect on 25man raiding. 10 man has an effect on 25man raiding by providing less logistics and headaches with 25 people versus 10.
    Ask yourself what is the point of raiding 25 man other than to say "I'm a 25man raider?"

LFR won't change because it's allowed the greatest percentage of players to see content. If Blizzard were to remove LFR they would probably start producing less raid content. Because it's pointless to produce content only 10% of the subscribers see.

Instead they are adding Flex raiding. It's a small step up in difficulty and allows you to pick your members versus being tossed into a cesspool of randoms. It will feel more like raiding but not as punishing as normal modes are for less skilled players.