Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    I'm not getting burned like I did with this last expansion, waiting for reviews and gameplay videos before I play it.
    This is funny, because Mop got rave reviews unless you don't buy 8/10 games. don't start touble
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

ill probably log in during the night just to check all the new stuff, see if there is anything i can do without having over 9000 other people around me trying to do the same thing (gonna be hard on such a high pop realm), then ill go get some sleep and just casually lvl to max.
    unless guildys/friends have different ideas

I'll be ready at launch to grind out to the new max level in 48ish hours like I've done with every expansion to date. After that comes a solid 16-20 hour sleep session then it's off to gearing in 5mans and grinding mats for raid consumables getting ready to full clear the first raid week 1.

Seems like the internet cool guy response is something like this "I'll wait like 2-3 weeks then maybe if I feel like it I'll play for five minutes, yawn."

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Seems like the internet cool guy response is something like this "I'll wait like 2-3 weeks then maybe if I feel like it I'll play for five minutes, yawn."
    Or that's really what people plan on doing.

Not everyone cares about being the first people to max level.

Order in themed food for the night;
    Put on some movies suiting it. Hang out in TS with my guild and just wait it out.

Then grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    This thread is a bit early. There might not even be a 5th expansion.
    Ha. 110$ million a month in subscription fees. Another quarter of a billion in all but guaranteed revenues from the retail of the software. Titan effectively having the reset button hit.

Take your pick on the reason why, but I'll go on record now and bet there will be an expansion.

Step 1: Get a babysitter.
    Step 2: Acquire beer, pizza, and wings.
    Step 3: Hop on skype with my guild.
    Step 4: Dick around while we wait for the servers to open.
    Step 5: Log in, wait in queue for about an hour.
    Step 6: Reach the new leveling zones, specifically pick one with the highest alliance population if possible.
    Step 7: Quest and pvp to my heart's content.

Optional step 8: Bitch about horde quests to my wife, who in turn bitches about alliance quests to me.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Ill go

wait, another xpack, like the 6th one
    then go /yawn
    It's gonna be memorable
    TBC and Wratch was much better
    brb in 3 weeks

I won't prepare any differently. I'll play when I'm done with work or whatever else I have going on.

This is the one time I'm glad I have severe insomnia...

I'll just power level and lose realm first by 5 minutes for the second time in a row, then go level some more alts and go to class if it gets too boring...

What I did the last two expansions:

1. Go to bed at 8pm.
    2. Get up at 3am (EST).
    3. Play until I leave for work at 5:30.
    4. Come home and play about four more hours, before the evening rush hits.
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 through Friday.
    6. Hit level cap on Friday afternoon.

Now, I've quite that old job and moved. Assuming I'm still a freelancer next spring/summer, I can probably easily schedule myself a week off. I'll still play in the wee hours of the morning though, there's fewer people around.

Drop leatherworking on my main before the release, level up mining and make several hundred thousand gold over the next week or 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefuly my friends come back to play and we start queueing for instances @ 0:00. /hate questing at launchday since it's way too busy, it's so relaxing just farming some dungeons with irl mates on teamspeak.

Download, install, play. If the mood strikes me I may buy a boxed copy to add to my themed coaster collection, in which case I'll be installing off the disc the first time.

Unless there's a crapton of homework for the next day. Woe is me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Haha, I noticed this as well. But perhaps times really have changed!

I remember back in the olden days when people were actually excited about launch night - even if only for the hype and the excitement!

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Expansion night might be the worst thing in this game ever. I'll be starting the leveling process about a week late.
    you kidding? release nights are THE BOMB. Its amazing how good they are. Sure sure, if you play on a crowded server with 100h queue then it sucks but you have yourself to blame then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    you kidding? release nights are THE BOMB. Its amazing how good they are. Sure sure, if you play on a crowded server with 100h queue then it sucks but you have yourself to blame then.
    Exactly! Thank you.

I can't wait. I might go Collector's Ed this time around if it's Burning Legion or South Seas. Mmm... Collector's...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Hah I am different from the first 2 people as I really enjoy the busy-ness (I don't know how to spell that, kept spelling business) of the servers that night. Everyone is active and talkative due to excitement. If servers are really unstable (which keeps improving every year), I am usually on vent with a few of my friends leveling up. For preparation, I don't do much as I'll only dip my toes in the water. Work is extremely flexible so if it turns out to be really exciting, I'll call in then or go in for a few hours to get that 3-6pm rush.
    Pretty much this for me.

I like my server being busy, because since MoP launched it's been dead. Like from Medium-High/Full to Low-barely Medium. =/

Still hoping for a new neutral race and class!

Come on something cool race-wise and Demon Hunters! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    [B]

Personally, I'll make sure I have 2 days free for the initial rush, a bunch of Starbucks Espresso shots cans, and lots of Pringles and frozen pizza!
    Why would you eat frozen pizza, disgusting.