Poll: Should Warlocks receive a fully supported tanking specialization?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    druids got 4 specs why not give tanklock one .. lawl
    then agin i don't see the point of it, sure would help lfr waiting times or to faceroll 5man faster but would i ever tank in a REAL raid? NO .

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    It's an option to be a pure dps class. You want to take that option away from people.
    That option remains, use your two specs (admittedly, there is really no purpose to having two of the same spec for dual-spec anymore) on DPS specs.

/smacks head
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-06-20 at 01:40 PM.

Getting a bad tank in LFR or any sort of pug run or group finder run doesn't mean that classes that don't have tanking abilities should. It just means you got an idiot tank. 5 of 11 classes can tank that is more then enough.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That option remains, use your two specs (admittedly, there is really no purpose to having two of the same spec for dual-spec anymore) on DPS specs.
    That option is gone as soon as you add a tank spec. When that happens warlocks will no longer be pure dps. They will be hybrid tanks/dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Getting a bad tank in LFR or any sort of pug run or group finder run doesn't mean that classes that don't have tanking abilities should. It just means you got an idiot tank. 5 of 11 classes can tank that is more then enough.
    I'm more and more of the opinion every day that all classes should have a healing or tanking (or support, if they add it in) spec.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 01:40 PM ----------

That option is gone as soon as you add a tank spec. When that happens warlocks will no longer be pure dps. They will be hybrid tanks/dps.
    You clearly didn't understand my post, it was pointing out how dumb of an argument that is (which by the way isn't the first time I heard it, I hear that argument repeatedly all the time).

this is the same with the caster meele enhancer. it was playable, it was huge on dps but blizz doesn't want that, so they changed everything
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly didn't understand my post, it was pointing out how dumb of an argument that is (which by the way isn't the first time I heard it, I hear that argument repeatedly all the time).
    You clearly don't understand mine. I play a warlock because it is a pure dps class. Meaning that it can only dps. This is one of the reasons I like this class.

Why is it ok to remove my options for pure dps classes just so you can have another tank spec?

I think its probably the worst idea ever to have a tank spec for warlocks,

Its a bloody caster wearing cloth,

I play my warlock as my main, and demonology for shits and giggles, if that spec turned to tank it would ruin it for me tbh, the same way DKs blood got made into a tank spec, completely ruined it

I do like the idea that we can shift into demonform, grab threat and save the group while CRs go out, while their getting healed and rebuffed etc. but beyond that is a no no

You clearly don't understand mine. I play a warlock because it is a pure dps class. Meaning that it can only dps. This is one of the reasons I like this class.
    Do you like the fact that it has 3 DPS specs? Or do you like that you are unable to do anything but DPS?

First reason is a horrible excuse to keep a class "pure" simply because a) 3 DPS specs are worse for a class than not having a tank/healer spec, and b) dual spec means you only pick 2 at a time, so you really just have 2 DPS specs in a way.

Second reason means a) just means you suck at actually signing up for your role and hence you need Blizzard to sign it up for you. Also, keep in mind b) if I had my way, in WoW's future there will be no more pure classes, meaning that there is no pressure on hybrids to do something other than DPS anyway. Since all 10+ members of the raid will be hybrids, more will actually have to DPS than not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you like the fact that it has 3 DPS specs? Or do you like that you are unable to do anything but DPS?
    Again you don't seem to be reading what I type because I have answered this.

YES, I do like being a pure dps.

Again you don't seem to be reading what I type because I have answered this.

YES, I do like being a pure dps.
    I think it's you who doesn't seem to be reading. I asked why you liked being a pure dps, and gave two possible (and the two most likely) reasons why you would.

[edit] No answer to the question, I guess...
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-06-20 at 02:21 PM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    He's the lead class designer. He does make all the decisions, that's literally exactly what lead class designer means.
    Why do people spread this crap? He doesn't make the decisions, No choice is ever a decision by one person in WoW
    And OP why don't we make all classes tanks then, because if you tanked a mob then you must be in need of a tank spec, I've lost count at the amount of times a group has wiped all but one person and the last person has managed to get the kill

People need to realise already that just because your class can tank, doesn't mean it will be a tank

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL really....dumbest idea ever......warlock tank hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Deleted
    I loled at the 'blizzard needs to'... how many threads like these we alrdy have? prolly as many as the 'wow is dying' ones

Deleted
    I would be okay with this, as long as they don't fuck up normal demo.
    I'm not worried about being forced to tank, but i'd hate to lose my favorite spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I'm not worried about being forced to tank, but i'd hate to lose my favorite spec.
    Right, that's a point I made earlier with trimming DPS specs down to 2 (unless they do a massive, massive expansion feature of 4th specs akin to releasing a new game period, I'd see them as more bloat than anything good). It's kind of a no win because no matter what, every spec will be someone's favorite, even the shitty specs.

I'm more and more of the opinion every day that all classes should have a healing or tanking (or support, if they add it in) spec.
    Why stop there, why don't we just keep moving that snowball and just have one class that can do all the things that the current 34 specs offer.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ainatan View Post
    I'd rather a healer spec for warlocks, with a Fel healing theme.
    "stand in the damn fire!!"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    How is losing a favorite spec to a new role different from losing it to a different desgn playstyle? Blizzard has changed the playstyle for many classes in the past, and many have denounced such changes due to the way it affects a certain spec. If this changee in playstyle is simply focussing the spec on a different role, is that very much different from a change in playstyle due to a new resource or change in abilities? And - given the manner in which many players change spec simply due to performance....how critical is playstyle anyway?

Should Blizzard not develop a Demo tank simply because - today - it is your favorite spec while next XPac you may prefer Aff or Destro anyway?

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    I am an advid pro lock tanker. I have every other tank in game, but i dont play them, as I have my lock as my main since vanillia. I am not going to change it at the drop of "hero class DKS!!!!" or "Brewmasters". No, this baby and I have been through hell questing and leveling and grinding in vanilla before any xp was taken away from getting to 60. This baby and I went through hell in raids, wiping and getting repair bills, redoing talents till the point it at once cost me a shit ton. I even grinded out every damn thing to get my dreadstead mount. I went threw hell on my warlock, Nerfs after Nerfs after Nerfs. Hell, thats what killed our population straight out, they nerfed us to oblivion, and we still kicked everyone elses asses.

So why would I give my warlock up? I would never, My lock is my pride in wow. But, I wish to do my favorite thing, and that is tanking. Why tanking? Because, having a big monster focusing me, as Im beating the hell outta it, makes me feel powerful. It staring you down, whacking you with everything its got, rather than being a goon on the side, one of the rest of the herd of range. As a lock, I want to control whatever i am facing and and show it that I am death incarnate as it eventually dies from my blows (and the herd of range). Being a tank, you and ur buddy are usually the only two facing the targets face, other than that, your stabbing, fireballing its back. doesnt make you powerful, rather, it makes you... weaker.

>.> damn... too much rp in the middle of the early morning. But that is how i feel, rather than facts or statistics, it would simply be a wish that I could do.