Page 4 of 533 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sadly it doesn't matter if Bioware keeps making great games. Is EA fucking it all up. I wouldn't be surprised about another day 1 DLC, or unfinished games. The hell with that. The only thing you can do is stop buying from EA, but you are not going to do that are you?
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

I would have been excited if it wasn't for ME3. DA2 was just such a massive disappointment they can "recognize" their mistakes all they want I don't trust them to fix it. Especially after they ruined the ME3 series with less than 10 minutes at the ending. I'm not buying Bioware again.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Except the flaws with the game have zero to do with the story and everything to do with level design and variety. The combat is another reason for some.

It's too early to say, but I think that after taking in all the fan reactions, Bioware has some idea of what worked and what didn't in both Origins and DA2.

Really though, as long as the storytelling and great characters remain intact, I'll be happy.
    Yeah, I appreciate what BW tried to do with the story albeit it was a bit too slow paced in the first act imho. It was the rest of the game that was disturbing however. Honestly the second I saw mages waving their staves around like mad men I started to wonder what's going on. It looked like flashy/cheap is the theme of DA2, 180 degree turn compared to DA1. The big breasted bimbo was too much as well. It felt like EA said ... we have this well recognized brand, lets make game for consolists, label it with the brand and make some money fast!

I am not saying that DA2 is not good game for certain audience, but I didn't recognize Dragon Age in it. It's like if Starcraft 2 was fps.

But that's all in the past. I wonder if I will be able to ever finish DA2 to learn all the lore for DA3. Lets hope DA3 will be so good I will do it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I myself got pretty excited about it after looking over some of the PAX info
    Please don't. One of the devs from BioWare outright said about DA3, in response to the difference between DA1 and DA2, that "the key is to not just turn 180 degrees again, because we've done this". And whoever said that they will take response from the reviewers, professional review magazines are pretty hard to take seriously when the first review PC Gamer was so glowing and even had the neve to call it the RPG of the decade. It's pretty obvious that they're too afraid of losing out on ad money and early review copies from EA to actually provide constructive criticism instead of mindless praise at this point.

Judging by everything we've heard so far, they'll attempt to merge DA1 and DA2 instead of just flat out admitting that DA2 was a poorly designed and poorly conceived rushjob. This will inevitably lead to it taking more from DA2 considering the gaping gameplay changes that happened in that game.

So this is in conclusion one of those cases where you should be expecting the very worst so that you can be pleasantly surprised if they against odds produce a good game, instead of getting excited and setting yourself up for disappointment once more.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    yeah i will take generic "go kill a dragon" rather than solving issues of rich spoiled brats in a city for 15 hours or w/e...
    Also, for me DA1 wasnt about killing a dragon, especially not after what happened after said dragon death. Don't really want to spoil anything to anyone but im guessing you know what im talking about if you completed Origins. To narrow it down i mean what happened shortly before last event and was said after last event.

Well, w/e she was in da2 or not doesnt matter AT ALL. Point is that she appearing makes no sense whatsoever if there is no follow up on her story throughout whole DA2... If you need saving you could ahve been saved by anything, it didnt have to be Flemeth by any means...
    In DA1 Flemeth is extremly mysterious, along with Morrigan actually and this is what makes both of them awesome.

I prefered da1 but thats personal preference here i guess and Merrill... i couldnt care less about her. Never followed her story other than 1 chain quest with her people if i remember correctly. Her character didn't appear to me at all. Felt like slightly retarded 14 year old girl...
    Considering the "preserve the old god" plotline gets thrown in at the very end of the game and is optional, you're still just killing a dragon...with implications. The other 90% of the game is rallying the armies.

They wanted to show that Flemeth was still alive but save her story for later (she will probably have some impact in DA3). Her early involvement in the story also foreshadowed Hawke's rise and the turmoil that would come later. Are you saying that she somehow became less mysterious since Origins? If anything, her being alive raises a whole lot of questions about what's going to happen. Or maybe you'd prefer that she was just permanently dead since DA:O?

Also, calling Merrill a retarted girl is like calling Morrigan a power-hungry bitch. If you don't take the time to get to know either of them, all you have is a false first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I would have been excited if it wasn't for ME3. DA2 was just such a massive disappointment they can "recognize" their mistakes all they want I don't trust them to fix it. Especially after they ruined the ME3 series with less than 10 minutes at the ending. I'm not buying Bioware again.
    Honestly if you think the ME3 endings ruined the series, you have a problem. Yes they sucked, but that has no bearing on the quality of the rest of the series. I hate it when people blow that stuff out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    The big breasted bimbo was too much as well.
    I don't even know what to say, except that perhaps Isabela's entire character went over your head.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-04-10 at 02:31 PM.

After DA2 and ME3 I have lost faith in BioWare. That doesn't mean I won't get DA3, it just means I certainly won't get it right away. I will wait to read detailed user reviews, and make sure that the ending doesn't suck.

Basically I want to know what I'm getting myself into before I buy, instead of blindly trusting that the game will be good. There's nothing more to it really.

DA2 was decent, but not great compared to DAO. SW:TOR had a great story, but was lacking in other regards. ME3 was a good game, but don't get me started on the ending ...

So with my three most recent Bioware purchases leaving mixed feelings, I won't get my hopes up. It might end up being great or it might end up mediocre. Definitely not getting a pre order or anything from me. Will wait till it is released then check up on the net so see how other people feel about it and then make a decission. Unfortunately the times when I would have trusted Bioware blindly are over.

not gonna get hyped about it after DA 2 and ME 3 was so dumbed down on the conversation systems

wtb a RPG remake of ME 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Looks like DA3 will take place in (at least partly) in Orlais.
    When he said, lets take you to somewhere a little more French, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped. sooooo excited! from all the lore hits and such Orlais always sounded so awesome! Think Bards will play a larger role?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure exactly, Bioware is sacrificing RPG elements of their games in favor for more action and recently, online play, too please casual gamers. so don't be surprised if the only fun in Dragon Age 3 ended up being in the online portion of the game and the RPG element will be just a couple of quests that gives you the illusion of choice.

and DA3 is about mages vs. templars so I can see that theres a big chance we see PVE and PVP online play as templars or mages. and our DA3 character will be a nobody, siding with one of the two factions and just fighting the enemy side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    so don't be surprised if the only fun in Dragon Age 3 ended up being in the online portion of the game and the RPG element will be just a couple of quests that gives you the illusion of choice.
    In the video he explains that they want to actually do the opposite. They really want to focus on making decisions matter. Now i know to take it all with a grain of salt till the game is released, but i really hope they prove you wrong.

Deleted
    Even on origin they sell DA2 for a ridiculously low price compared to DA:O, i think they themselves have accepted that DA2 wasn't the right way to move the game. Based on that i do have hope that 3 will be a step back in the right direction

After the fiasco that was 2 and EA's craptastic influences on Biodegradableware, Im gonna not bother with 3.

Deleted
    take a long look at this then think about DA3.

BioWare Presents: The State of the Game Industry:

Honestly if you think the ME3 endings ruined the series, you have a problem. Yes they sucked, but that has no bearing on the quality of the rest of the series. I hate it when people blow that stuff out of proportion.
    You disagree therefore I'm simply blowing it out of proportion. I personally play RPG's for the story, excellent game play (which ME series had) is icing on the cake. When the entire story ends up with not a single one of my options mattering and half the species in the galaxy trapped on one devistated planet to starve to death I'm going to be incredibly upset that the trip there becomes meaningless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    This...Bioware has steadily gone downhill the past few years. It's really depressing. DA1 and the expansion kicked so much ass, I was devastated when played through the second one. I've since gone through DA1 about 20 times, each time with more and more mods installed. I haven't touched DA2 since the first playthrough.
    I wouldn't call ME3 or SWTOR going downhill. DA2 I can agree, despite that I enjoyed the game, but the rest is actually kinda good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    You disagree therefore I'm simply blowing it out of proportion. I personally play RPG's for the story, excellent game play (which ME series had) is icing on the cake. When the entire story ends up with not a single one of my options mattering and half the species in the galaxy trapped on one devistated planet to starve to death I'm going to be incredibly upset that the trip there becomes meaningless.
    Except NO ONE is starving to death.

Conventional FTL travel is still there. It's not very researched (why would it be?), but it's advanced enough that using it to get back to their systems is perfectly plausible. Hell, an interview linked in the ME3 thread from the BSN even confirms they're not stranded in the Sol system.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Except NO ONE is starving to death.

Conventional FTL travel is still there. It's not very researched (why would it be?), but it's advanced enough that using it to get back to their systems is perfectly plausible. Hell, an interview linked in the ME3 thread from the BSN even confirms they're not stranded in the Sol system.
    Absolutely de-railing this thread by asking this, but, exactly how much Eezo would it take to move a single fleet of ships at FTL speeds for more than a day or two? I'll go ahead and assume that Bioware will just write in infinite amounts being available to fit their needs, but we're told that flying at FTL speeds for a consistent amount of time is absurdly expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I liked DA2 too, but it was (in my opinion) vastly inferior to DAO in certain ways. I liked DA2's graphics more, I liked its gameplay more (I prefer the more action-y combat as opposed to the more strategy combat of DAO), and I liked the voice acting and characters more (for the most part - Alistair will always be awesome, as will Morrigan). The story, maps, inventory, and story were all steps down from DAO for me. DA2 is my freshest memory of the franchise, so it's going to be what I base my excitement on. As I said, I'm holding off my hype until I know more about it at least.
    The only thing that I liked about DA2 is the animations (the actual movement of characters). Other than that DA:O is superior in everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Absolutely de-railing this thread by asking this, but, exactly how much Eezo would it take to move a single fleet of ships at FTL speeds for more than a day or two? I'll go ahead and assume that Bioware will just write in infinite amounts being available to fit their needs, but we're told that flying at FTL speeds for a consistent amount of time is absurdly expensive.
    "
    -Will long-distance superluminal travel still be possible post-Ending? (will Tali or Wrex or Garrus see their homeworlds again? Will everyone starve?)

Galactic civilization will rebuild. The mass relays were not necessary for interstellar flight. Remember, what does it say in the Codex about the speed of ships? That's right, 12 lightyears per (day? hour? minute?). And that's only the cruising speed, not the maximum speed.

People have never needed to research basic FTL improvements before because they have mass relays. With the relays gone, new technology will increase that speed. Additionally, the element zero cores of the dead/controlled Reapers can be used to improve FTL drives. Starflight will continue using conventional FTL."

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...54234#11154234

There's no link that I know of that outlines the amount of Eezo needed, but based on the fact that the quarians have been floating around for centuries and it hasn't put a massive shortage of eezo in the galaxy i'd say it wasn't completely excessive.