Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    TY for the answers.

So, I bought the base game standard edition, and if I want all the expansion packs or whatever you call them I should get the GOTY from Origin then? Seems strange you can't upgrade or whatever.
    Whatever is cheaper, sadly there is no GOTY upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Whatever is cheaper, sadly there is no GOTY upgrade.
    This is really annoying. I was going to ask this same question because I got the urge to play Inquisition last night and thought about getting the DLC's. They total $45, and the GOTY Edition is $40 (plus it includes x2 $5 Armor Packs). Its pretty lame you can't upgrade your base game to the GOTY even though you can upgrade it to the Digital Deluxe. =/
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if you dislike the war table, you can cheat it by changing the day on your computer.
    This works on the PS4. Just be careful, don't change the year back. Took me 556 days to complete a mission once :P
    Conan! What is best in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if on cue, I got a bonus at work that resolved my hesitation on getting the GotY Edition of Inquisition.

I haven't played any of the DLC and haven't touched the game since beating it a couple of times on release (only achievement I missed was the hardest difficulty one, I got bored and wandered off mid-play). That being said, I am playing a Mage and remember there being mention of a lot of rebalancing patches. So my question is, did Knight-Enchanter get nerfed so hard its not worth choosing? Did Necromancer get its spirit bugs fixed, and is it a strong option?

Don't know about Necromancer but Knight-Enchanter is still very much a viable option, just have to be a bit more selective when using spirit blade

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Don't know about Necromancer but Knight-Enchanter is still very much a viable option, just have to be a bit more selective when using spirit blade
    So no running in Fade Cloaked for a big explosion and just spamming Spirit Blade without a care in the worth huh? =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    So no running in Fade Cloaked for a big explosion and just spamming Spirit Blade without a care in the worth huh? =D
    I played KE as ranged:P Only used spirit blade if I aggroed something and it ran to me. Besides spirit blade is overrated. Its damage is just awful.. like 600-2000 max? Or if you spam it with no charges, even less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    I played KE as ranged:P Only used spirit blade if I aggroed something and it ran to me. Besides spirit blade is overrated. Its damage is just awful.. like 600-2000 max? Or if you spam it with no charges, even less.
    It wasn't that Spirit Blade did a lot of damage, it was that you could face tank anything solo and never die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    It wasn't that Spirit Blade did a lot of damage, it was that you could face tank anything solo and never die.
    Yes but KE is a tanky melee mage. Blackwall and Cass also never die. And AI seems really bad at handling KEs cause Vivienne died almost as much as the Iron Bull and Cole, before I gave them sword and board and a bow respectively.

spirit blade is also useful for breaking down guard and barrier

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but KE is a tanky melee mage. Blackwall and Cass also never die. And AI seems really bad at handling KEs cause Vivienne died almost as much as the Iron Bull and Cole, before I gave them sword and board and a bow respectively.
    Yeah, the AI tended to prioritize Staff attacks over Spirit Blade attacks for Viviene. I swear I don't remember her EVER using Spirit Blade unless I took her over.

So it sounds like Knight Enchanter is still a solid pick. I might just go back to my old faithful for this playthrough as well. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Dragon Talon was my best ability in inquisition absolutely loved it
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's overrated NOW yes, but before the pointless nerf it did about triple that and was a great 'filler' spell to use, especially as it proceed clean burn on every swing, bringing everything else off CD faster.

I still say if they'd reversed the charge system, it would have achieved the same goal, but without ruining the spec. Or just left the frakkin class alone...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's overrated NOW yes, but before the pointless nerf it did about triple that and was a great 'filler' spell to use, especially as it proceed clean burn on every swing, bringing everything else off CD faster.

I still say if they'd reversed the charge system, it would have achieved the same goal, but without ruining the spec. Or just left the frakkin class alone...
    Yeah.... don't know why you have to nerf a class in a single player game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yeah.... don't know why you have to nerf a class in a single player game.
    And why do it with the final patch/expac of the game? The spec played one way for literally 99% of the game, then for the last patch they gutted it...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

there's a mod to restore it to pre-nerf, or bounce around the numbers however you like.

can even make it omega op.

i never figured out how to install mods for dragon age, or i would have definitely gotten it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there's a mod to restore it to pre-nerf, or bounce around the numbers however you like.

can even make it omega op.

i never figured out how to install mods for dragon age, or i would have definitely gotten it.
    Theres folders that you drag and drop stuff in its like skyrim's manually installing system
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knight Enchanters are still fine as a spec, but they're just not as OP anymore as they used to be. The tree still offers some pretty solid defensive spells like the fade cloak that removes dots and disruption field that pretty much freezes enemies in place if you take the stasis field upgrade. Ymmv if on lower difficulties but both of those are handy on nightmare with the combat trials on.

If you play with friendly fire on rift mage kinda loses its teeth, but otherwise id say Rift Mage is the strongest mage spec now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reavers still good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Knight-Enchanter definitely plays a little weird now, and it doesn't flow as well as before. The Spirit Blade charges is something that sounds good as a concept, but doesn't deliver all that well. I was really regretting choosing that spec until I got the Schematic for the Mage-Sword (Blade of Tidarion), and then I was happy again. =)

On an unrelated note, I've been chewing through the game and am curious when the *best* time to do the 3 DLC's is? Right now I've knocked out all the zones except Hissing Wastes and Exalted Plains, and plot-wise I still have Wicked Eyes Wicked Hearts to do (also I'm at level 26). I'm wondering if I should complete the main game first or dive into one of the DLC's prior? I've beaten the game before, so I know I won't have *everyone* available if I wait after the finale...so if *someone* has interesting dialogue tied to a DLC then I figure I should do it before I lock them out. Also, I've avoided spoilers on the DLC so I don't know what to expect with each outside of one being Deep Roads and one fighting a Dragon.