Thread: Next X-Pac?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Next X-Pac?

So do you guys think there will be another major bad guy of this curent expansion, or are we getting pretty close to the end of MoP? Personally I think this expansion is progressing a bit to fast, that's just me though. I mean, we're already up the defeating the corrupted Garrosh. What else could there be after this?

Let's just hope it doesn't take 9-12 months post-5.4 to find out.

6.0 by Christmas!

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict we'll get a teaser/spoiler at this year's blizzcon, however it will be a long time before we have the nex xpac released and ready.
    Even if Garrosh was to be the "End Boss" its still just 5.4, we still have at least 5 more major content patches.
    Examples: illidan was supposed to be the end boss of BC, yet kil'jaedon was.

We still have Queen Azshara who hasn't been released as a boss yet, we still have ysaarj and the other old god N'zoth at the bottom of the ocean (could be a vasj'ir/azshara link)

My point being, is that this expansion is far from over, and is almost halfway over if that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthor View Post
    So do you guys think there will be another major bad guy of this curent expansion, or are we getting pretty close to the end of MoP? Personally I think this expansion is progressing a bit to fast, that's just me though. I mean, we're already up the defeating the corrupted Garrosh. What else could there be after this?
    Garrosh is probably going to be the final big bad of MoP and we'll hear about the next expansion before the year ends. Before we're done with Siege, we'll have defeated the seven Sha and the last vestige of Y'Shaarj's power, and the last and best warriors of the mantid. And we took out the Mogu's power base last patch. So yeah, Pandaria's major threats will all be wrapped up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    So yeah, Pandaria's major threats will all be wrapped up.
    There's still the Virmen. I'm willing to bet they are what's REALLY behind the Sha.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that 6.0 will be announced and that will get a Feb/March release. As the big "bad guy" I place my bet on Queen Azshara/N'zorth.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    We still have Queen Azshara who hasn't been released as a boss yet, we still have ysaarj and the other old god N'zoth at the bottom of the ocean (could be a vasj'ir/azshara link)
    Why would any of that necessarily be part of this expansion? That sounds like something that could be a whole expansion on its own, rather than trying to be shoehorned into the Mists of Pandaria storyline.

Really hoping for a Zandalar, N'zoth, Queen Azshara expansion. Who better to fight at 95 than Sargeras' 'Queen' all in preparation for Legion at level 100. :P.

Can pray for a reveal trailer at Blizzcon, wouldn't be suprising as Blizzcon is in November and that's pretty far away already and it'd be a pretty realistic timing for it.

Deleted
    Expansion reveal will be ahead of Blizzcon, definitely. They will flesh out the information at Blizzcon with an official cinematic and announcement that the beta begins shortly after. But according to tradition, the announcement will occur close to the final patch is released, and roughly a year into the lifespan of the current expansion.

Announcing it at Blizzcon would not only make all of these steps later than usual, it would also directly counteract their desire to push out expansions faster.

Deleted
    Eeeh theres a good chance something else could come after, Black Temple had the main big bad finished in TBC, only to reveal another big bad with the Sunwell later, so why not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamvillain View Post
    Eeeh theres a good chance something else could come after, Black Temple had the main big bad finished in TBC, only to reveal another big bad with the Sunwell later, so why not?
    Because they've confirmed it's the last raid patch. They may have a small filler patch, but it won't push anything back by more than a month or two at the very most.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post

6.0 by Christmas!
    You're smoking something if you think Expansion V beta will be done within a month of Blizzcon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I predict we'll get a teaser/spoiler at this year's blizzcon, however it will be a long time before we have the nex xpac released and ready.
    Even if Garrosh was to be the "End Boss" its still just 5.4, we still have at least 5 more major content patches.

My point being, is that this expansion is far from over, and is almost halfway over if that.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but SoO has been confirmed as the last raid patch of MoP we only have 3 raids last expac to; the new expansion's beta will be announced at blizzcon there is no way in hell that we have 5 more major content patches left...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamvillain View Post
    There is a good chance nothing else will come out after the last raid tier, Blizz already said they don't want to do filler raids to cap off an xpac anymore (Makes sense considering very little of the population actually did Sunwell, and RS in WotLK was considered pretty random [timing wise] and not very enjoyable).
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    I really can't see the next x-pac coming out a month after it is announced, not much time for beta testing there.
    I hope they keep the next expansion more under wraps. Less beta testers (keep it inside) and less leaks. Not a paid sign up ffs. By the time MOP was released, all my guild were bored out of their minds and never came back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but SoO has been confirmed as the last raid patch of MoP we only have 3 raids last expac to; the new expansion's beta will be announced at blizzcon there is no way in hell that we have 5 more major content patches left...

I thought this was the case as well. I wouldn't mind a couple of minor patches to tweak features and add a few extra's to hold us over til the next xpac. No way where will be 5 content patches though. I didn't even think we were getting a 5.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    Really hoping for a Zandalar, N'zoth, Queen Azshara expansion. Who better to fight at 95 than Sargeras' 'Queen' all in preparation for Legion at level 100. :P.

Can pray for a reveal trailer at Blizzcon, wouldn't be suprising as Blizzcon is in November and that's pretty far away already and it'd be a pretty realistic timing for it.
    Please. Please tell me you're not implying that they're ending WoW with level 100, which would be 2 expansions away, which would be roughly 4 years, even though they currently have 8.3 million subscribers which is 4 times the next biggest MMO, and that even if the current trend of lost subscriptions continued on until a 7th expansion, they would still have more subscribers than the next biggest MMO.

If you aren't implying that they're ending WoW at level 100, then disregard all of this. If you are implying that WoW will end at level 100, then I am currently cyber-strangling you. What company in their right minds would call it quits on a product that is netting them 360 million dollars a year (assuming they ever got down to 2 million subs)??? Where is the logic in that? It makes as much sense as if they gained 4 million subs and suddenly just went fully f2p with absolutely no fees at all. There have been many, many, many posts stating straight out that 100 is just a number, and that they have no plans to stop there.

If you think it has to do with the lore, well then just look at MoP, where a vast majority of the lore was not established in any previous games, expansions, or books. Mists of Pandaria was, for the most part, all new original lore. All we knew beforehand was that a miniscule amount of Pandaren Brewmasters roamed Azeroth, and that they were largely considered a legend up until now. And not for nothing, but the expansion was pretty well received, and the lore was some of the best theres been in a while. So just because we may or may not fight Sargeras or the legion in the next expansion or two does not mean the story ends there. It's their intellectual property, and they've already proven they can make a damn good story out of basically nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    I hope they keep the next expansion more under wraps. Less beta testers (keep it inside) and less leaks. Not a paid sign up ffs. By the time MOP was released, all my guild were bored out of their minds and never came back.
    That's because they weren't beta testers, they were trying to use beta as a demo. Shit, I paid for the Annual Pass, I had beta access in the 3rd wave. The moment I realized that I couldn't keep up with actually beta testing the game and playing the actual retail version itself is the day that I stopped logging on the beta, since if I couldn't actually test the game to help work out the bugs then I had no right to be logging into beta in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post

6.0 by Christmas!
    This would be terrible. Only 4 months on a 14 boss tier?

I'm hoping for 5.4 at the start of September and atleast 6 months in 5.4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    There's still the Virmen. I'm willing to bet they are what's REALLY behind the Sha.
    A gigantic Sha-ified Virmin would be great.

Or they get this big steam-driven combi-harvester battle-wagon thing and go tooling around the Valley of the Four Winds.

World bosses, both of them.

10+ Year Old Account

dude you are way off we will get a 5.5 but not 5 more lol that is laughable, this x-pack has maybe 9 more months 10 at the most before 6.0