Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Im worried that gc might nerf uvls

Feels like that for me at least...
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-06-19 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Mean patch 5.4

Deleted
    Why, the trinket isint that good, and its complete dogshit with the new tier bonus's

I've heard something on twitter that he might nerf it for demonology

Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen

well 1 trinket that boosts demo dps by 20% (more or less) .. to me that sounds way to mutch anyway
    and since i sadly never get that shit since well it doesn't drop .. i'm behind the other demo locks in dps.

i think they will nerf the proc chanse for 5.4 probably since they don't wana have locks with final tier gear and a trinket form the last tier.
    well blizz nerfed all our 90 talents to the ground why stop there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    well 1 trinket that boosts demo dps by 20% (more or less) .. to me that sounds way to mutch anyway
    and since i sadly never get that shit since well it doesn't drop .. i'm behind the other demo locks in dps.

i think they will nerf the proc chanse for 5.4 probably since they don't wana have locks with final tier gear and a trinket form the last tier.
    Yeah right, cause Blizz nerfed Moon Well trinket and stuff before. Not going to happen.

I think locks are funny whiners.

Deleted
    they should just nerf uvls, and make doom automatically summon wild imps whenever it does dmg, it should completely remove the need for uvls to make demo good, ofc it will still be a nice dps increase for demo, but in no way as needed as now, its a trinket that makes or breaks demo.

d'awww. poor warlock. blizzard _created_ our mage lvl90 talents underground from the beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    d'awww. poor warlock. blizzard _created_ our mage lvl90 talents underground from the beginning.
    I'd switch the mage talents for the lock talents any day of the week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I'd switch the mage talents for the lock talents any day of the week
    You'd swap 100% movement for 0% movement? I think you're on your own with that. Rune of Power is horrible, and Invocation isn't much better.

OT: You know it's bad to be balanced around getting hold of a specific item, right? MWC was bad enough but at least it was readily accessible. UVLS is rather less so.

I feel like I say this in every thread. For everything other than pure single target, Demonology is viable and even competitive without UVLS. People need to stop complaining about it.

Competitive -in my opinion- is a gentle word to say "it is not good but at least not in the bottom". I have not tested it in raid environment since I wait for UVLS and I play destro much better but are you sure?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    Yeah right, cause Blizz nerfed Moon Well trinket and stuff before. Not going to happen.
    They certainly should have, I'm hoping they've learnt their lesson.

Frankly, I'd be fine seeing UVLS going, it's not as clunky as MWC was by far, but it's still a huge portion of our damage boiled into RNG (oh how I love it when it procs during boss transitions), if a glyph or talent isn't allowed to have such a huge impact on a playstyle and dps, I'm struggling to fathom why a trinket should.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Competitive -in my opinion- is a gentle word to say "it is not good but at least not in the bottom". I have not tested it in raid environment since I wait for UVLS and I play destro much better but are you sure?
    I could be mistaken, but I believe Teye was playing Demonology long before UVLS was added and having good results, so I'd trust him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I feel like I say this in every thread. For everything other than pure single target, Demonology is viable and even competitive without UVLS. People need to stop complaining about it.
    I wish I could get hold of one to compare, but yeah my parses without using it don't look too horrible all else considered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Last ID my UVLS procced the first time after 4:30 min into the fight on Twins. The kill time was about 6:30. Results were pretty good actually, 10k below my normal resuts. So 4% without the trinket, maybe 5 to 6%, is a lot but it won't render you useless. UVLS should be nerfed though just because i do not like the impact on my playstyle.
    Last edited by mmocff0de3da04; 2013-06-19 at 09:53 AM.

I'd be shocked if UVLSemo synergy wasn't broken in some way. Whether its a gentle nerf or a "to the ground baby!" is yet unclear. Right now it makes or breaks demo. Yes you can be competitive without it but its probably the first in last out of our gear choices. You will NOT compete with other locks who are using UVLS without one.

Right now it makes the spec very reactive (which is good) but also VERY subject to RNG swings (which is a bad thing). Even moreso than other classes and their RPPM swings. There are a bunch of ways they could do it better and lots of ways to ruin the class based on the trinket. Hopefully they take great care in how they go about any adjustments versus the usual somewhat brutal or heavy handed changes we have seen in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    It's interesting because I rarely come across other Demo locks in LFR (not unheard of, but for some reason most are Destro). Today I saw two (one each in different sections) who both had normal UVSL (I have LFR), one who slightly outgeared me and one who well outgeared me. Neither of them apparently knew how or cared to maximize their UVLS use -- I don't imagine it was that they didn't want to bother, because they were doing everything else right from what I could tell. But they only had maybe like 20-30% crit rate on Doom, whereas mine was in the 80s/90s.

Kinda crazy that proper UVLS use was able to make up for several points of avg item level and put us all in the same ballpark (me ahead some fights, them ahead some). But, yes,the better-geared one even without proper use of it was ahead of most folks besides me (he crushed me one fight, I barely edged him out on the other two) and a well-geared Ret Pally (top all three).

And really I'd think improper use of UVLS would make it worse than the other options out there. So, yeah ... Demo absolutely doesn't need UVLS to do rather well for itself.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    UVLS should be nerfed though just because i do not like the impact on my playstyle.
    I dunno, that's what I like most about it, actually.

Well, that and having a massive imp army on Council. But I really think it's more fun to have fun procs that you have to react to in order to maximize their use. I wouldn't want all dots to update dynamically with each tick, because then no matter what you're just going through a rotation. I prefer priorities to rotations, and I think that necessitates fluidity in the priorities.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's interesting because I rarely come across other Demo locks in LFR (not unheard of, but for some reason most are Destro). Today I saw two (one each in different sections) who both had normal UVSL (I have LFR), one who slightly outgeared me and one who well outgeared me. Neither of them apparently knew how or cared to maximize their UVLS use -- I don't imagine it was that they didn't want to bother, because they were doing everything else right from what I could tell. But they only had maybe like 20-30% crit rate on Doom, whereas mine was in the 80s/90s.

Kinda crazy that proper UVLS use was able to make up for several points of avg item level and put us all in the same ballpark (me ahead some fights, them ahead some). But, yes,the better-geared one even without proper use of it was ahead of most folks besides me (he crushed me one fight, I barely edged him out on the other two) and a well-geared Ret Pally (top all three).

And really I'd think improper use of UVLS would make it worse than the other options out there. So, yeah ... Demo absolutely doesn't need UVLS to do rather well for itself.
    LFR is just...i don't know. Most Warlocks there are either alts or very unexperienced players. So it's pretty obvious they choose Destro because it's the easiest way to pull off some decent numbers without caring to much for your class. You do not need UVLS but as stated before, it will greatly increase your dps if used properly (especially on multi target fights like Council).