Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

How many dino bones per hour?

How many can you grind?

For me on my best toon solo seems like about 450/hr.

999+350 per 2hr (because od flask) = 675/hr

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asmodei View Post
    999+350 per 2hr (because od flask) = 675/hr
    I get my figure on my DK who is about 500 haste/mastery geared now. What are you using?

I figure maybe up to about 1k/hr solo is doable but I don't have that gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I can pull myself together, I do 30-35 hatchlings (7-9, average 8) per hour = 210-315 (average 260) bones...

Damn, mount is a long way in the futuren.. Have ~2200 bones now, and not a single egg have dropped..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I average about 300-400 bones per hour. I've had 8 Primal Eggs drop (3 green, 5 red, still waiting on a black raptor) and six of the new Direhorn Runt pets since they were introduced. I farm the Primal Direhorns and Primal Direhorn Hatchlings on my hunter. ilvl 523, use a turtle, and my 'farming' Survival spec, which I glyph and talent for as much healing for myself and my pet as possible.

ETA - I have 8.8K bones now. I'll also need to farm the extra thousand after I get my mount, for the pet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could probably pull 5-6 direhorn hatchlings on my DK in her current gear but alas you can only get 3 at a time. The big direhorns, I think I need another 5-10 points of gear just to pull one at a time without popping every available cooldown.

The best strategy for a tanking class is probably to pull as many little ones as possible, unless you are able to tank a big one along with some little ones.