Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

PvP should reward gold

I don't know why Blizzard didn't implement this yet. PVP should reward gold. It's simply unfair for PvP'ers who don't have money for gems/enchants/repairs or just random gold. I think it should be something like this:

First Random BG of the day: 100g. Loss : 35g.

Normal Random BG: 50g. Loss:20g.

Insignia's should now reward: 1-5g.

Arena win: 35g Loss: 0 ( to avoid abuse )

Rated BG: 100g per win. 50g per loss.

Anyone agree/disagree? or some idea's to improve.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    I don't know why Blizzard didn't implement this yet. PVP should reward gold. It's simply unfair for PvP'ers who don't have money for gems/enchants/repairs or just random gold. I think it should be something like this:

First Random BG of the day: 100g. Loss : 35g.

Normal Random BG: 50g. Loss:20g.

Insignia's should now reward: 1-5g.

Arena win: 35g Loss: 0 ( to avoid abuse )

Rated BG: 100g per win. 50g per loss.

Anyone agree/disagree? or some idea's to improve.
    Sounds like too much gold. Drop those amount by 80-85% and sounds like a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    while i agree PVP needs more rewards.. adding gold to it would only entice more bots. which is blizzard's main concern with why it doesnt offer gold right now. i wish i could offer some suggestions to help with the situation i dont have any, but i can only agree with Blizzard, adding gold rewards would inflate bots more then there are now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    while i agree PVP needs more rewards.. adding gold to it would only entice more bots. which is blizzard's main concern with why it doesnt offer gold right now. i wish i could offer some suggestions to help with the situation i dont have any, but i can only agree with Blizzard, adding gold rewards would inflate bots more then there are now.
    Bots is Blizzard's problem. You don't gimp players due to bots. If there is a bot problem, they should fix it not make PvP less rewarding.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    They would just need to make it so you are only rewarded gold when you help to achieve something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    They would just need to make it so you are only rewarded gold when you help to achieve something.
    And how do you want to check for such things?

In understand your point of view but I believe the counter argument to why doesn't PvP reward gold would be something along the lines of "that is what the questing, AH, daily system is for".

Just my two penneth
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    God please no. I understand that it sucks and you can barely pay your repairs from PvP but it would incentivise more Bots, thus making it a worse experience.
    since when does pvp require repairs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, this idea comes up every few weeks and I just don't see why. Repairs in BG's is very minute compared to raiding and 100g per win is ridiculously high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    Have a look at http://www.wowpedia.org/Durability

Deleted
    How much do a raid boss drop 40g or so. and there is repair bills and so on there.

PvP dont have any repair bills. i am fine with it not giveing any gold. and if you want just a little gold out of it then when you got full honor gear use your honor on the items that give most gold per honor to vendor. or if you can DE them.

Why not just have some kind of PvP currency other than honor for needed gems, repair, and enchants. It wouldn't cause any inflation on the gold side of things through bots or just players as a whole, and the PvPers get what they want. You would of course get this through PvP, and a similar climb to dailies, questing, dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Why not just have some kind of PvP currency other than honor for needed gems, repair, and enchants. It wouldn't cause any inflation on the gold side of things through bots or just players as a whole, and the PvPers get what they want. You would of course get this through PvP, and a similar climb to dailies, questing, dungeons.
    uhm how will it not cause inflation when you buy an enchant/gem with this new currency on the AH, and then the seller gets gold for it?

Deleted
    I do agree here, and a simple solution to this that would be impossible to abuse/bot etc would be a first win/day style thing like
    -first Non-rated win = 100g
    -first rated win (arena OR bg) = 200g

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    uhm how will it not cause inflation when you buy an enchant/gem with this new currency on the AH, and then the seller gets gold for it?
    I would imagine it would be a specialty vendor for gems, enchants, and the likes to avoid that. Plus everything you buy would be Soulbound / Bind on Account.

Deleted
    to add a totaly new repair system would just be a waste of time IMO. as said it is realy limited how much gold you lose on repair bills. and you can make more then enught to pay for that just from buying stuff with honor and sell it

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Siderr View Post
    I do agree here, and a simple solution to this that would be impossible to abuse/bot etc would be a first win/day style thing like
    -first Non-rated win = 100g
    -first rated win (arena OR bg) = 200g
    If they have to add something this would be kinda OK.
    But only think that the first RBG/Non-Rated/Arena win a day would give you 100g or so

If you do so Arena and RBG give 200g a day alot of ppl will start to do just 1 fast Arena everyday for the gold
    Last edited by mmoc4b3379fd9c; 2013-06-02 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    Roll a healer in BGs, and you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I would imagine it would be a specialty vendor for gems, enchants, and the likes to avoid that. Plus everything you buy would be Soulbound / Bind on Account.
    So, by that you will remove a big portion of the market for both enchanters and jewelcrafters. Also, some classes prefer to use non-PVP specific gems like pure int or pure str. Same gems that is also used in PVE. Same for enchants. This would harm the market for both enchants and gems enormously if you could just get these for "free" by doing BG's. The the expensive weapon enchants would most likely all just be bought from this vendor also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like doing PvP for fun. I dont need clueless people trying to farm gold ruin my fun. PvP doesnt require much gold anyway. You should be fine with dailies,proffessions. Raiding is not a big income if not a gold loss.

Deleted
    there are plenty of revenue sources within game already.
    Learn to play the AH, Pick up a profession, Or even do a couple of dailies.