Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Actually you can do that. Big revelation, i know. But if Alliance raids Orgrimmar and destroys it, one, it would give the alliance a true fist-pump moment, and two, it;s not like the orcs wouldnt rebuild it somewhere else, or in the same place, for that matter. Also gives the orcs reason to crave revenge on the alliance just as it craved revenge on the horde for desroying Theramore (alltough i would really like to see the whole Azshara turned into a huge orc city, with Bilgewater Harbor only being a district of it.
    It's called "storytelling". if story is limited by game mechanics, then the game is dumb. This is WARCRAFT, you cant have WAR without touching any towns and destroying them or not killing any lore characters at all.
    Then Alliance fans would complain that Horde gets their city rebuilt again while their park district is still rubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Then Alliance fans would complain that Horde gets their city rebuilt again while their park district is still rubble.
    To be fair, the fact that there are *still* fires burning there is kind of preposterous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    To be fair, the fact that there are *still* fires burning there is kind of preposterous.
    Yea, the unfinished buildings and the wall of Orgrimmar were finished in 5.2 if im correct

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Alliance won't complain about destroying Orgrimmar, they will be happy. And Horde will be Happy with getting a new city aswell.

Every alliance fanboy dumb enough to cry because of horde getting a new city will be countered with "well, your alliance ruined orgrimmar, not us"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, the unfinished buildings and the wall of Orgrimmar were finished in 5.2 if im correct

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Alliance won't complain about destroying Orgrimmar, they will be happy. And Horde will be Happy with getting a new city aswell.

Every alliance fanboy dumb enough to cry because of horde getting a new city will be countered with "well, your alliance ruined orgrimmar, not us"
    def a better argument to deal with than what we have now.

Alliance gets to raid Org as Vol'jins side kicks...... even though in theory the Alliance should be the bulk of the forces. This is considering that Sylvanas likely does not have a full force there, the taurens were never massive in population, same deal with the trolls, goblins, and blood elves

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    While we're on this, whatever happened to the Trial of the High King story line that we were promised?
    I was looking forward to seeing what Varian had to go through before eventually settling his feud with Garrosh, all we got was one scenario of him telling Tyrande to be patience while we set up traps & beat the shit of a pretty much a last minute piece together Horde commander.
    Gone and hopefully not coming back. Death to the blue warchief!

Actually you can do that. Big revelation, i know. But if Alliance raids Orgrimmar and destroys it, one, it would give the alliance a true fist-pump moment, and two, it;s not like the orcs wouldnt rebuild it somewhere else, or in the same place, for that matter. Also gives the orcs reason to crave revenge on the alliance just as it craved revenge on the horde for desroying Theramore (alltough i would really like to see the whole Azshara turned into a huge orc city, with Bilgewater Harbor only being a district of it.
    It's called "storytelling". if story is limited by game mechanics, then the game is dumb. This is WARCRAFT, you cant have WAR without touching any towns and destroying them or not killing any lore characters at all.
    How would that change the "Varian must be stupid to let the horde go" threads. Even if he destroyed Orgrimmar and then just left the Horde will be unchanged. All the complainers would use the same arguments : "Why did he let the horde continue ?".
    And, as Aquamonkey said : "Horde gets a brand new city for the second time while not even the repaired Exodar is shown ingame/ Stormwind park is still in rubble".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    How would that change the "Varian must be stupid to let the horde go" threads. Even if he destroyed Orgrimmar and then just left the Horde will be unchanged. All the complainers would use the same arguments : "Why did he let the horde continue ?".
    And, as Aquamonkey said : "Horde gets a brand new city for the second time while not even the repaired Exodar is shown ingame/ Stormwind park is still in rubble".
    One, Burning legion invades, alliance certainly has bigger troubles than the horde, plus the horde are fighting the burning legion too. So they are kind of allies now.

Two, then repair Exodar and Stormwind aswell! Problem solved. Everyone happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    One, Burning legion invades, alliance certainly has bigger troubles than the horde, plus the horde are fighting the burning legion too. So they are kind of allies now.

Two, then repair Exodar and Stormwind aswell! Problem solved. Everyone happy.
    You know that the limiting factor for content is art, right? If they redo all these cities completely removed from the focus of the story, it takes away from new content people aren't going to AFK in.

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Prioritization is just a part of this or any business. It's not a questions of being cheap. It's a question of bang for the buck. (Source)

Deleted
    You know that the limiting factor for content is art, right? If they redo all these cities completely removed from the focus of the story, it takes away from new content people aren't going to AFK in.

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Prioritization is just a part of this or any business. It's not a questions of being cheap. It's a question of bang for the buck. (Source)

Then include them in the story. Give exodar a REASON to be repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Lets blow up a place nobody visits anyway! Bomb Silvermoon!
    I play horde and I never visit Stormwind, lets blow that useless spot up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harkar View Post
    YOu=/=everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkar View Post
    As long as Varian and Anduin are in the city at the time of the bombing.

Oh, and as long as they don't have Garrosh's magical bomb surviving skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then include them in the story. Give exodar a REASON to be repaired.
    Or explode on launch and kill all the Draenei, leaving another smoking crater where Alliance used to be.
    (Yes, I know that vision isn't really going to happen.)

Would the Horde invading Exodar or SW be an acceptable reason to make them relevant enough for redesign? Sounds like something people would scream "Horde bias!" over.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does Alliance want?

After Garrosh finally lies on the floor, bleeding out from his many terrible wounds, the light dimming from his eyes at last, we want Thrall to walk up to the now cooling body, solemnly looking down to study the final product of his decision from many years ago, then look up, meeting both Vol'jin and Varian's eyes, and then be all like, "LOLOLZ OOPS MAH BAD GUIZ!!! I totally fucked that one up, eh? Man, who'd have thought an emotionally unstable hothead with daddy issues wouldn't have been the best choice to lead the vastly divergent group of races that make up the Horde?! Jeez, for being the all-wise 'World Shaman', I sure missed that one, and let me tell you, if my face wasn't already green, it would sure be red right now! Still, I blame it on Aggra. I was chasing me some Grade-A poon, and I was just thinking with 'Little Thrall', if you catch my drift. But I learned my lesson, "Bros befo' Ho's" and all that."

THAT's what Alliance wants!

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

Thing is, you aren't asking for a story. You are asking to win in the current story they are in. The story is Horde and Alliance. Should I point out, that PVE stories have always been alliance. and the horde helped.

TBC- Alliance
    Wrath- Alliance
    Cata- Alliance
    Mop- Horde
    I'm sorry, what?

Horde/alliance really didn't 'help' each other until the end of BC. And Cata was mainly Horde centered. Not sure where you pulled that idea out of. It hasn't "always been Alliance." Cata and MoP are pretty strong opponents to your point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    As long as Varian and Anduin are in the city at the time of the bombing.

Oh, and as long as they don't have Garrosh's magical bomb surviving skills.

Hey, Garrosh was allowed a mulligan why not Varian/Anduin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    She had effectively turned a blind eye to it. She wanted revenge on Arthas after ordering a new plague to deal with the undead she then let them get on with it. She was blind to what was going on in her own city.
    Blind? She was the one who ordered it. Heck, she was even there when they tested it...on a Forsaken.

The humans being used as plants bit is a warden who sets up his own experiments, Sylvannas sends an envoy to remove him who gets captured, you free him and sentence the warden to the harshest crime under forsaken law: true death.
    And he isn't judged at all for his experiments but for the effect they have on Forsaken.

EJL

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Most of Orgrimmar permanent changes will happen in a future patch, but before next expansion.
    At least that's something. Whether those changes will reflect the Alliance presence/contribution there in such a way as to have made our helping the Horde worthwhile (after an expansion of being trashed by them), will remain to be seen. On an unrelated note, i'm expecting the race model updates to come before the next expansion; in 5.5 or perhaps 5.6 (the mention of "a future patch, but before next expansion" has me believing that there'll be more than one).

Roflmao. They just keep making it worse.

Taking bets on how little, if any, changes are to the Alliance in this "future patch, but before the next expansion."

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Roflmao. They just keep making it worse.

Taking bets on how little, if any, changes are to the Alliance in this "future patch, but before the next expansion."
    I'm guessing a larger-than-life replica of Varian's chin, to be erected beside the chunk of Deathwing near Orgrimmar's Earthshrine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    What did we Alliance get out of it? Nothing, really. We don't take back lost lands, we don't conquer any Horde territory
    What did you expect? What are the alternatives?

The Alliance occupies Orgrimmar? Okay, so what new city do the Horde get to compensate? I think you would be pissed if the Horde got another capital city somewhere.
    Nor would it work for the Horde to have to live in Orgrimmar while the Alliance occupies it, that would be a too big blatant bias for the Alliance.

The Alliance regains lost lands? You do realize that the Alliance had more questing zones than the Horde in vanilla, right? Cataclysm only saw Horde getting a few more to balance things out, finally. And you can't ever get Gilneas back, as it would be too close to Undercity. And Silverpine can never be a contested zone as it would put low level players at risk of being ganked, and that would hurt Blizzard's business. How fun is it for people on trial accounts up to level 20 to get ganked and corpsecamped? They won't buy the game, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Lets blow up a place nobody visits anyway! Bomb Silvermoon!
    Plenty of people visit Silvermoon on my server. And you can't compare Theramore to a capital city.