Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Next Expansion suggestions

Just for fun, and well, to pass sometime before 5.4 I wanted to see what Monks want for the next expansion, now keep in mind that the class is fairly new and still needs some tweaks and reworks.

I for one think that they need to rework SEF for WW; while it holds a title of uniqueness and a cool factor, it's still quite complicated and clunky, I love it, but would've also loved something Like what MW'ers get for their Cleaves.

Also, I think we should have 5 Chi baseline. And for WW, a targeted heal instead of spheres would be great, as they don't work on Npcs like Val in ICC, or Tsulong in ToES.

Make Xuen baseline, and replace that awful RJW with something useful, perhaps make the 90 tier a status tier and give WW one.

Breath of Fire proccing Shuffle.
    Last edited by Manu9; 2013-06-23 at 05:17 AM.

- Give some control over Xuen when he's out
    - Replace Xuen with Niuzao or Yu'lon if you're a Brewmaster or Mistweaver
    - A shoryuken.
    - Give Leg Sweep a unique animation

- Make Invoke Xuen into Invoke Celestial depending on your spec (Xuen, Niuzao or Yu'lon)
    - Chi Burst scrapped or reworked
    - RJW baseline or reworked
    - GotS as MW mastery either scrapped or reworked
    - Minor Glyph: Red Crane - makes your Green serpent skills into Red crane (Statue, Celestial, All mists + Life cocoon have red visuals)
    - Minor Glyph: Changes Rising Sun Kick into Rising Sun Punch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faxedge View Post
    - Give some control over Xuen when he's out
    - Replace Xuen with Niuzao or Yu'lon if you're a Brewmaster or Mistweaver
    Awesome Idea!

Breath of Fire proc'ing shuffle, with a cool down added to compensate, would be a great change.

Make a glyph that turns Xuen's taunt off.
    Remove Clash and replace it with charge as it is a big, steaming pile of shit in it's current form.

Increase duration of shuffle from 6 seconds to 8, maybe even 10 seconds.

Rework our Ox stance to provide more armor to prevent getting face raped during periods of stuns.

Completely do away with the Gift of the Ox orbs and rework it into our self healing somehow. Then take the idiot that came up with the concept in the first place and make sure they never suggest anything again while working for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Rumblefist; 2013-06-23 at 10:43 AM.

A decent raid cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    these will all be for Brewmaster, as I don't play any other specs.

Do SOMETHING with Breath of Fire, it's one of our most iconic moves (if we can be said to have any this soon ) but it's pretty pathetic, and basically a waste of Chi. I would EITHER make it grant Shuffle, meaning it would be used in AoE situations instead of BoK, OR give us some kind of proc, similar to Warriors Ultimatum, paladin's Grand Crusader, Druids Berserk and DK's Crimson Scourge, that gives us an X% chance to make the next BoF free when we do Y.

GET RID OF XUEN'S TAUNT. Seriously, who thought that having a pet that tanks would be useful for a tank spec? Sure it's fun to use him in heroics to tank bosses, but overall he's a liability, give him something that actually HELPS us, like "While Xuen is active, he takes all your stagger damage" or "while Xuen is active X% of all damage is redirected to him"

Lower our reliance on active mitigation a TINY bit. Yes, it is great that when we're up and running we're a steamroller, but those first few seconds, or ANY time we're CC'd, are very very scary for a Brewmaster. Now sure, Nimble Brew is fantastic, but it's still only up once every 2 minutes, so for they other 114 seconds if we get CC'd we get ROCKED. I'd love it if they could do something to increase our baseline mitigation, so that the first ~5 seconds of the fight, before we've got out AM running, or any time we're CC'd we're not 100% dependant on our healing spamming the crap out of us to survive.

That's all for now, I've only just started playing again after a long break, I'm sure if you give me a few more days I'll think of some other things that I'd like to change
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    - Make Invoke Xuen into Invoke Celestial depending on your spec (Xuen, Niuzao or Yu'lon)
    - Chi Burst scrapped or reworked
    - RJW baseline or reworked
    - GotS as MW mastery either scrapped or reworked
    - Minor Glyph: Red Crane - makes your Green serpent skills into Red crane (Statue, Celestial, All mists + Life cocoon have red visuals)
    - Minor Glyph: Changes Rising Sun Kick into Rising Sun Punch
    I can agree with all of these, I think. RJW just needs to be more of a gain single target so that it's actually competitive with Xuen. Right now, it's really only used to aoe harder, or if the tiger's broken on a fight (sigh @ Durumu, Megaera, and I think Primordius...).

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefist View Post
    Breath of Fire proc'ing shuffle, with a cool down added to compensate, would be a great change.
    Increase duration of shuffle from 6 seconds to 8, maybe even 10 seconds.[/quote]

I'd say one of the two, rather than both sounds good. Right now, a lot of the time it's not useful because of having to keep shuffle up. Either of the above would work well to actually allow us to use BoF in our rotation. Both would be overkill. Similarly, I think 8s sounds better than 10s, for exactly the same reason: It would be overkill, and make keeping shuffle up too much of a non-issue.

Rework our Ox stance to provide more armor to prevent getting face raped during periods of stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefist View Post
    Completely do away with the Gift of the Ox orbs and rework it into our self healing somehow. Then take the idiot that came up with the concept in the first place and make sure they never suggest anything again while working for Blizzard.
    Honestly... I actually like GotOX and would be a bit sad if they removed it. It's not as useful on fights with a lot of movement, obviously... but on most fights, it's plenty useful. I like that I (passively) build a pile of shit on the ground that I can come back to and help myself with later. It fits the monk style of moving around, and being very mobile. What would help is if they added a way to move most of the orbs for more mobile fights (with a CD - because we need more CDs, obviously).

GET RID OF XUEN'S TAUNT.
    Also have no issues with this, as you can use Xuen to offtank for you, and he can't taunt bosses. It has it's uses, though I'll agree that it can be annoying.

As for things I would change for the expansion...

Make Avert Harm into a more useful raid cooldown. Doesn't have to be big, considering that we're pooping our lots of raid guards as it is. Maybe something like 10-15% damage reduction for 10-15 seconds for anyone within 20-25 yards of us - prob'ly closer to the 10% than the 15%. Nothing huge, but still useful.

Rework Zen Meditation. It's a bit clunky to use for specific mechanics, considering that any melee attacks will cancel it (so it has to be timed perfectly). And for when you can abuse it, it's too strong (looking at you, zen medding a Decapitation in melee range on Lei Shen).

That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll think of some other things later.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    GET RID OF XUEN'S TAUNT. Seriously, who thought that having a pet that tanks would be useful for a tank spec? Sure it's fun to use him in heroics to tank bosses, but overall he's a liability, give him something that actually HELPS us, like "While Xuen is active, he takes all your stagger damage" or "while Xuen is active X% of all damage is redirected to him"
    I'd rather make the taunt glyphable. There are some situations where it's REALLY useful that he taunts, e.g. challenge modes, and on Dark Animus, tanking the small adds: they have a buff which increases damage dealt significantly when 2 or more are next to each other, so have Xuen taunt one and you drag another far away and you reduce the damage you take considerably.

I'd expect something Chi-ji related for a raid cooldown, and a re-work for BoF. Maybe a nerf of our DPS that goes along with a buff to our utility, since a nerf to our DPS is also a nerf to our utility (Statue Guards), so we need something to compensate.

As mentioned change Invoke Xuen to be specific to your sec (Chi-Ji for MW, Xuen for WW and Niuzao for BrM). Also make the pet not so DERP on several fights.
    Make BoF more useful for BrM
    Rework Clash
    I agree with shifting some of our AM to Passive. When we are stunned we are just wrecked.
    5 Chi Baseline

For WW most of it would probably be quality of life changes. Change TeB to not snapshot your stats (should make it work better with other proc trinkets and to avoid another RoR cluster f**k).
    Changes to FoF? It could be tricky. Maybe a glyph which allows you to move but removes the stun while casting. Just a thought.

Deleted
    I liked the suggestion to have BoF proc from something and cost no chi. It seems to be a part of the BrM image and gets nearly 0 use right now.
    Honestly though I'm pretty happy with what we have already only things I can think of are minor tweaks better suited to a content patch, would like to see zen sphere balanced with chi wave for tanking for example

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of baseline implementation of the t15 4set but in a nerfed version. Something to give us 'free' purifying brews. Maybe a 'when your stagger equals 75% of your total health you gain a free puri brew'. put it on a CD so you don't just fish for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Belly flop attack for pandaren monks ONLY...

Quote Originally Posted by Steikke View Post
    A decent raid cooldown.
    HUEuEUEUEUEUEeueueueUEUEUEAAUEEAEUaueeEAUEAUaEAUAEAHAHAAUEAUAEHAEUAHAAahahahHAaEHAheaHAaHE AhEAHAhA

OT: Nothing new to add to the topic, all the things that i'd want have already been touched on I guess. Maybe give WW a white tiger statue or something? haha

slime

Deleted
    love it !
    I would love to have Yu'lon heal beside me.

Change the god forsaken Mistweaving mastery.
    Give us someway tho honor Chi-ji aswell.

And as everyone else have said: "invoke celestial".
    Or make it baseline to actually invoke the celestial connected with your specc. And change invoke xuen talent to Invoke Chi-ji.
    Hell, It would be awesome if they added a Ascendence CD like the shaman one but makes the player a hybrid with their celestial.

So much potential.

Make zenflight a mount. I don't care if its a cast time, just make it go faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make BoF cause its DoT effect regardless of Dizzying Haze being applied to the target, so that it can be used on bosses as an alternative to BoK when you have centuries of shuffle saved up. Emphasises the DPS vs. Mitigation/Avoidance style.

Give WW a Xuen statue, give it something like: "does 10% of your damage as an AoE in a 10 yard radius", or make it like that old tiger statue in beta where it sent tigers at enemies?

As others said, turn Invoke Xuen into Invoke Celestial.
    - WW gets Xuen, behaves like usual
    - BRM gets Nizaou, durable guardian that fixates on the first target you give him, keeps taunt up and tries to keep it near you
    - MW gets Yu'lon, does ranged attacks/chain lightning at targets from the summon position that cause eminence, and breaths green healing fire over players
    - glyph which lets BRM and MW have Xuen instead (without the taunt for BRM)

Make FoF viable to be used more than every now and then. Even a glyph that removes the stun but makes it channel significantly faster would do.

Let WWs put both of their SEF clones on a single target so that you can get a non-even split.

Give some kind of class raid utility so that monks actually have a use beyond being numbers performance gods. (Make avert harm better would go well here)

2 things

change MW mastery to something that actually works or give us a glyph which works like glyphed lightwell for balls on ground (not when timer expires onl;y imidiatelly if someone drops below x% of health cause this crap never expires in a moment u need it >< ) -_- ...

give WW a raid wide cd -_-

I think they could change GotS so the balls spawn on ground but move slowly to a nearby damaged target, that is if they really want to stick with those pesky little balls as mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Give WW a Xuen statue, give it something like: "does 10% of your damage as an AoE in a 10 yard radius", or make it like that old tiger statue in beta where it sent tigers at enemies?

Let WWs put both of their SEF clones on a single target so that you can get a non-even split.

Give some kind of class raid utility so that monks actually have a use beyond being numbers performance gods. (Make avert harm better would go well here)
    Agreed, after playing BrM and MW for a while I kind of miss that statue on WW Also the SEF change would be fun.

Perhaps there is a small possibility that MW could somehow (glyph?) get Flying Serpent Kick (just love that long fast jump).

Deleted
    - "summon celestial" different depending on the spec (yulon/niuzao/xuen ) as 90 talent

- OR making RJW baseline, puting the torpedo on the level 15 tier, and having to choice beetween xuen yulon and niuzao as 90 summon talent ( in that case they should be far more powerfull than atm )

- "power of chiji effigy" as baseline, as a raid CD (that we totally need to justify our raid slot ) ( could be a raid cd during 10s : +10% damage done during 10s for the raid in WW, + 1% mana regen per second during 10s for the raid in MW, -15 % damage for the raid during 10s in BrM )

- some zen sphere love/change (...)

- Gift of the serpent as a MW passive with fix %, and a NEW mastery ( increasing the % on eminence for FW , and chi generation with Sotthing/SCK for MW )

- a new chi dumper for MW ( a long 30sec hot, or the ability to put a renewing mist on a single target with 2/3 chi, SO THAT we have some preventing chi dumper, when everybody is full life )

-a new 3 min cd in WW, to generate 5 to 10 charges of tea

15+ Year Old Account
    Leg sweep should indeed have a new animation. Now it's just more spinning Should be a sweep, a cleave with leg. Maybe even roundhouse kick :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!