Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

5.4: dazed and confused

is 5.4 supposed to be the final raid of the expansion? another random sha and Vol'jin finally gets to pee on Garrosh's corpse? im so under whelmed...

to me the other expansions felt more epic, they worked on and continued on lore from warcraft 3. Pandaria was also lore but it was also never fully explained. i felt like they did that on purpose so they could just wing it. which they did, big time.

usually by the final raid they have something announced about the coming expansion too. do you guys even think there will be another expansion? im so sad...
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah got to admit, the lead up to fighting against kil'jaeden, Arthas and even deathwing was far better then this. I honestly expected Garrosh to be out in the open in a massive battle happening, but instead he's hiding in his underground base like a coward.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    they usually have something annouced in the final raid?

since when was that? Naxx40 had 0 leads towards BC, sunwell had 0 leads towards WotLK, i suspose if you count ruby sanctum as an end raid it would be the first and only reference too what the next expansion would hold. and then Dragon soul once agian had no reference too MoP.

the first hints of what too come were always around the pre-patch, though these were always already part of the next expansion being 2.0/3.0/etc.

as far lore goes, this expansion has had the best overall story line. it was all pointing towards the end of the road we are currently seeing. beginning in 5.1 were the horde/alliance troops landed and the story line was added in the new factions.

and so the praising of cata begins
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    No, I will never EVER praise that, THING

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    yeah got to admit, the lead up to fighting against kil'jaeden, Arthas and even deathwing.
    The lead up to fighting against Deathwing? Are you kidding me? Deathwing only shown up in a few quests...

Deleted
    MoP, so far, has been excellent and is keeping me engaged throughout. The build up to 5.4 has been really good. I suspect your expectations have got up, rather than the build up being reduced over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    amazing QQ before release even...sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, guys..

SoO is BARELY on the PTR, all we have seen are some datamined maps.

Also, ANYTHING will be better then DS leading up to Deathwing. That was.. not very epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    is 5.4 supposed to be the final raid of the expansion? another random sha and Vol'jin finally gets to pee on Garrosh's corpse? im so under whelmed...

to me the other expansions felt more epic, they worked on and continued on lore from warcraft 3. Pandaria was also lore but it was also never fully explained. i felt like they did that on purpose so they could just wing it. which they did, big time.

usually by the final raid they have something announced about the coming expansion too. do you guys even think there will be another expansion? im so sad...
    EVERYTHING in MoP has been building up to 5.4.

Garrosh was far better, in terms of development into being vilified and turned into the final boss, than Deathwing was. Hell, even Kil'jaeden and the Sunwell just came out of nowhere at the end of Burning Crusade with no development beyond 'Kael'thas is alive again! Surprise!'.

There will certainly be another expansion. No doubt about that. It's trademark will likely be registered in late july, or early august. From there, we'll get a general idea of what the expansion will be from the title. In November, we'll get solid details at BlizzCon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone hasn't been paying attention to anything this whole xpac. Just goes to show that even when blizzard takes the whole xpac to build up a character, 2 even since he was warchief before this whole cataclysm, they dont know how the fuck we are lead to this point, everything is in your face.

Seriously, how do you NOT know why we are fighting Garrosh? Have you done ANY content in 5.0 / 5.1 5.2 ( horde) and ofcourse 5.3? NOTHING? Also did you just say that Deathwing and KJ and Kael'thas were build up better in their proposed xpacs?. I still dont know why the fuck we killed Keal aside from lulz im crazy now, we NEVER EVER saw him to lead to that.

Please PLEASE if you're gonna make a thread to complain about lore or lead up, PLEASE atleast do some research or actually play the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Someone hasn't been paying attention to anything this whole xpac. Just goes to show that even when blizzard takes the whole xpac to build up a character, 2 even since he was warchief before this whole cataclysm, they dont know how the fuck we are lead to this point, everything is in your face.

Seriously, how do you NOT know why we are fighting Garrosh? Have you done ANY content in 5.0 / 5.1 5.2 ( horde) and ofcourse 5.3? NOTHING? Also did you just say that Deathwing and KJ and Kael'thas were build up better in their proposed xpacs?. I still dont know why the fuck we killed Keal aside from lulz im crazy now, we NEVER EVER saw him to lead to that.

Please PLEASE if you're gonna make a thread to complain about lore or lead up, PLEASE atleast do some research or actually play the game...
    The only lead up to Kael'thas' descent into madness was a single Scryers quest in Netherstorm where a Sunfury traitor makes note of his dealings with the Legion for power, and him having position a demon as a commander in one of his prized Manaforges. Then we kill him.. and he miraculously comes back to life to bring Kil'jaeden into Azeroth. Great.

If somebody sincerely believes that is more build up than what Garrosh has gotten, then I don't really know what to say. Sure, Deathwing destroyed the world, but we never saw him do anything really rotten. It was all off-screen. We've seen first hand what Garrosh has done and is doing over the course of this expansion, and a bit in the last.

I was hoping for battle in a large open field a la the WC3 intro.

And as it finished, infernals began to rain down from the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    Lol it takes a few expansions for the nostalgia to kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    I was hoping for battle in a large open field a la the WC3 intro.

And as it finished, infernals began to rain down from the sky.
    You fight in 2 different continents, in the air, underground and in the giant ass city with GAMON and almost every racial leader with the exception of Genn and gallywixx because they don't exist in progressive lore.

That's a pretty big battle :/

It's hard to take you seriously here. I haven't even experienced any of MoP's questing content first-hand, yet I seem to have a greater grasp of the story than you do. 'Some random sha'? It's the Sha of Pride, considered to be the worst by Emperor Shaohao, and the only vice he was unable to overcome. It was because of this that Pandaria was shrouded in the titular mists to begin with. And to imply that Vol'jin is the only or even the primary person who wants Garrosh dead is absurd; his actions have affected so many, on both sides.

I'm also getting sick of this irritating assertion that 'Blizzard didn't/doesn't care' whenever someone doesn't like something they did. Of course they care, and of course there will be another expansion. Stop being silly.
    Last edited by Elementalkin; 2013-06-25 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    yeah got to admit, the lead up to fighting against kil'jaeden, Arthas and even deathwing was far better then this. I honestly expected Garrosh to be out in the open in a massive battle happening, but instead he's hiding in his underground base like a coward.
    Trassk, I'm gonna say this once, and I goes for ALL OF YOU reading this.

We don't know how the instance plays out.

If you actually listen to Garrosh's sound files instead of jumping to conclusions with no actual evidence you can see his commentary means he is present in a MULTITUDE of encounters within Siege.

Stop.

Judging.

Shit.

Until.

You've.

Seen.

It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon guys. Soon, Hellscream will be judged by his ancestors.

BUT THAT DAY!!! is not today.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well Garrosh is a boring end boss tbh. Lets look back at the past shall we?

TBC: We WC3 fans knew who Illidan was but he was so poorly implemented in game to many people it's like HE'S IN THAT CASTLE, SMASH HIM.
    Cata: In Cataclysm Deathwing probably one of WoW's best Villians basically gets a screw job and no one gets to know who he is unless you've read novels.

Blizzard had claimed they learnt their lessons regarding Illidan and the lack of attention he recieved and they hit back with Arthas from his appearances in Howling Fjord, Dragonblight, Zul'drak ect we knew who he is and what he does. The story was Brilliant and Arthas was really handled well he felt like a villain. I cannot say Garrosh feels like a Villain he barely did anything except appear in the Horde's 5.1 quest chains and show up briefly at the end of the Alliances.

5.4 Doesn't exactly make me think YEAH I GET TO KILL GARROSH like it did when the Lich King came out or when I ran into Lady Vashj, Kael and Illidan.