Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    That was the idea
    Aye mate

Besides...

Meeting with Garrosh
    Garrosh's image appears.
    Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: Don't talk back to me, troll. You know who was left in charge here. Haven't you stopped to ask yourself why Thrall chose me instead of you?
    Vol'jin's image appears.
    Vision of Vol'jin says: Dere be no question why, Garrosh. He gave ya tha title because ya be Grom's Son and because tha people be wantin' a war hero.
    Vision of Vol'jin says: I tink ya be more like ya father den he thought, even without da demon blood.
    Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: You are lucky that I don't gut you right here, whelp. You are foolish to think you can speak to your Warchief in such ways.
    Vision of Vol'jin says: Ya be no Warchief of mine. Ya not earned my respect. And I'll not be seein' tha Horde destroyed by ya foolish thirst for war.
    Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: And what exactly do you think that you're going to do about it? Your threats are hollow. Go slink away with the rest of your kind in the slums. I will endure your filth in my throne room no longer.
    Vision of Vol'jin says: I know exactly what I'll be doin' about it, son of Hellscream. I'll watch and wait as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I'll laugh as dey grow ta despise ya as I do.
    Vision of Vol'jin says: And when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya "power" is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule swiftly and silently.
    Vision of Vol'jin says: Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart.
    Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: You have sealed your fate, troll.
    Vision of Garrosh Hellscream spits at Vol'jin's feet.
    Vision of Vol'jin says: And you yours, "Warchief".
    Garrosh's image fades.
    He still has to exact his revenge on the person that tried to assassinate him. They gave us hints on how Garrosh was going to meet his end. So far, Vol'Jin is getting closer and closer to having his way.

---

I think it'll go like this.

Vol'Jin personally kills Garrosh. Vol'Jin says his mission is done...and he is ready to leave.

But the Horde's command structure has been crippled and the Warchief is dead! Someone has to replace him. That is how the Horde has always been.

The Horde has never had any democratic election to choose their leader. Thrall became the Warchief because he saved everyone, and Garrosh because Thrall choose him. After everything Vol'Jin has done, culminating with him personally killing Garrosh, the people of the Horde decide by consensus to appoint Vol'Jin as their leader. He has so much support from the people and from all the leaders that he decides to stay as Warchief as long as he continuous to have the support from the masses. In a way, he becomes everything Garrosh wasn't: a democratically elected leader, open-minded and diplomatic, not a racist, hot-headed dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsuzsanna View Post
    2) Vol'Jin can help replace all the casualties of this civil war accepting the aid of the rest of the Troll tribes.
    Agree with almost every point you brought, excluding number 2, because: Zandalari Empire is far from "dealt with", and Vol'jin beem spitting on other Troll tribes since he was asked to leave the horde and join Zandalar back in patch 4.1

So, aside Revantusk and Shattertust tribes I doubt any other tribes will ever join Vol'jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsuzsanna View Post
    Don't like Vol'Jin mon?
    I don't hate him but if we're gonna put Thrall Light on the throne we might as well give the title back to the real thing.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Agree with almost every point you brought, excluding number 2, because: Zandalari Empire is far from "dealt with", and Vol'jin beem spitting on other Troll tribes since he was asked to leave the horde and join Zandalar back in patch 4.1

So, aside Revantusk and Shattertust tribes I doubt any other tribes will ever join Vol'jin.
    We will eventually end any treat from the Zandalari and they will be force to recognize they can't wage war againts both the Horde and the Alliance. Their best bet for a Troll Empire (and to avoid extinction) would be joining Vol'Jin Horde and wage war against the Alliance. Surely they are more pragmatic than they are dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I don't hate him but if we're gonna put Thrall Light on the throne we might as well give the title back to the real thing.
    Vol'jin seems less Thrall Lite and more like taking Thrall's stronger points (diplomacy, viewing the Horde as a family first and a war machine a distant second, and most definitely able to throw down) and tempering them with the trolls' strong points (cunning, guile, and a willingness to fight as dirty as it gets, as well as a deep spiritual connection to Bwonsamdi, going by the preview for his novel and the pre-Cata event).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Vol'jin seems less Thrall Lite and more like taking Thrall's stronger points (diplomacy, viewing the Horde as a family first and a war machine a distant second, and most definitely able to throw down) and tempering them with the trolls' strong points (cunning, guile, and a willingness to fight as dirty as it gets, as well as a deep spiritual connection to Bwonsamdi, going by the preview for his novel and the pre-Cata event).
    True, Baine would be more of a Thrall Lite. Vol'jin is a bit darker. My main problem with him was that he never did anything and it was a bit hard to get into his character. The new quest lines helped though and I'm sure the book will give the look into his mind that was sorely needed. I'll admit I was pretty against him being warchief for awhile because his fame was based entirely on one conversation. At least now he's being fleshed out enough to have some actual characteristics.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I'm just going to wait for my book lol. Read a very good but non-spoilery review about on WoW Joystick. I'm excited to see how this guy thinks and get a better insight on the trolls in general. I've had a slight suspicion that the book was pushed back from April to July due to potential spoilers for the end raid, but again, it's just speculation. Or they were just waiting for Dawn of the Aspects to finish...and...fail... *sigh*

I find the reaction of the rest of the races, the orcs especially, to a troll warchief fascinating. I've always felt that the warchief position of the Horde was one that has held more dominion, both in prestige and actual power, over say, King Varian Wrynn of the Alliance.

Stuff's going down, it's not set in stone what yet will be the fallout, and I'm pretty damn excited -- this has been the most progression we've seen for either faction in quite some time. (More so than even Thrall to Garrosh because Garrosh's downfall was foreshadowed at heavily and the impact of a non orc warchief will be huge.)

Get used to saying Warchief Vol'Jin after MoP.