Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    the kicker is always going to have lower dps or hps. That's just part of the fight, the more you get used to it the less of a dps or hps loss it will be. Kicking the shell is your #1 priority and making sure it's accurate. The only shell that truly matters from a DPS standpoint is the first one, after that the dps requirement is fairly low and shouldn't cause much of an issue. The only shitty part about kicking the shells is if they are in the wall, at which point it's kind of a 50/50 if you get it to hit tortos. The best solution is to have your DPS not kill turtles in the wall, the other solution is use those shells as the filler shells between breathes so it not a huge deal if you miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    What does this do if you already have a different turtle targeted for DPS?
    Targeting macros always target the closest unit with the name, so even if you're targeting another turtle and dpsing it, the macro will still let you kick the shell you're next to and then target the same turtle you were dpsing before. I've never had an issue kicking a shell while dpsing other turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really add anything else to the great advice the others have already posted (I've got to try that macro, too!). But I feel obligated to post, since I was in the same boat as you, and just managed to down Tortos last weekend.

It's all about getting into a rhythm. Before long, you'll know when to look for a turtle to kick and even take into account the distance it will travel to the boss; obviously, you sometimes have to kick turtles earlier if they're way to the back of the cave. Try not to stand by one too early, either, as that would prompt stalactites to form right where you are when it's time to kick. You'll get it!

Oh, I kinda like that macro... though my issue (We actually got our first HM Tortos kill last week, my job is to kick a turtle to the bats) is that it takes me a few seconds to make sure the turtle will hit the bats, and not just totally wiff like a minor league baseball player...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i was volenteered to kick shells at the boss, i didnt volenteer...the problem? im poor at it...ive been at it for weeks and its pretty much my fault my guild isnt progressing right now..i told them...this is it we cant get it i need a break from raiding. this 1 boss is affecting my performance during his fight. i cant seem to kick the shell right. they want me to kick a shell at him and the bats half the time i cant even target properly. im sick of this. this seems like 1 of those fights that woul make me quit for he entire expansion. i need help.

and if your wondering? ive done it in LFR...im fine there...the actual raid im poor at it.
    are you useing 2 tanks on this fight? if so, i suggest having the OT/bats do it any ways. there is plenty of time to kick the shell then pick up the bats

Quote Originally Posted by brok3nh3lix View Post
    are you useing 2 tanks on this fight? if so, i suggest having the OT/bats do it any ways. there is plenty of time to kick the shell then pick up the bats
    I've done this as off-tank. It can be done, but if the bats drop in a strange place you run the risk of having them eat a healer.