Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mafia game 28 sign up

Time for a new game of Mafia. The game will start Sunday afternoon/evening (UTC) or Monday morning/day (UTC). The game will start with a day. Please not that the length of the first day will be 24 hours. After that the length of each day will be longer. The exact length of the days will be in the TP of the game thread. There'll be a notice in this thread 24 hours prior to game start of when the game will begin.

The game will have no special theme. The set up will be semi-closed. The full role card of a player will be revealed after their death. There'll be flavour messages at dusk and dawn. These messages will not be very long. They will contain hints*.

Lynching will be decided by majority vote. If no player has received a majority of votes at deadline, the day will end in a no-lynch. Any player who has not got a vote placed on another player at deadline will have their vote will count for nothing until the next dusk.

No one will be mod killed for inactivity. Should a player receive a ban from MMO-C, that player will be in a coma ingame for the duration of the ban. The above rule about not voting will still apply (i.e. said player will probably have one less vote on the day of return). Any player spending more than 3 days in a coma will die (i.e. if you receive anything but the minimum ban you'll be mod killed).

PMs will not be allowed.

You sign up to this game by saying something like "I'd like to play", "I'm in", "Sign me up", "I want to play" or "This is Red 5, I'm going in." and by signing up you agree to the following:
    That you have read this whole post.
    Not to get banned from MMO-C for the duration of the game.
    Not to send PMs to another player of the game about the game.
    Not to suddenly go AWOL (just drop me a PM if you find out you have to go)
    Play to the best of your abilities.
    Enjoy yourself.
    Reply to the confirmation PM sent out by mod.
    Make fun of one of the game mods during the first game day once and once only.
    To read the full TP of the game thread.
    To apologise to all other players in the Mafia discussion thread if you fail at any of the above.

There's currently no limit on the number of players allowed but there might be one added.

*These hints will in no way be confirmed by mod and asking for such a confirmation in the game thread will result in a reduction of that players number of votes by 1 until the next dusk (to a minimum of 0).

Currently signed up:
    1. Blood Fox
    2. Celtic209
    3. ElyPop
    4. Falbacca
    5. Greeney
    6. Lysah
    7. Majad
    8. Omertocracy
    9. Robozerim
    10. Rollo
    11. Silkku
    12. Uggorthaholy
    13. Virothe
    14. Xanjori
    Last edited by keleb; 2013-06-28 at 06:43 PM.

Deleted
    nawbs

/in

"I'd like to play", "I'm in", "Sign me up", "I want to play" or "This is Red 5, I'm going in."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    "I'd like to play", "I'm in", "Sign me up", "I want to play" or "This is Red 5, I'm going in."
    1slow3me, I'm now 1st on the list

That hint rule seems like mafia can abuse it and be like "oh woops sorry guys" or new players can. Hmmmm. I wonder how short the hints will be. "Day 2 start. Lysah: scum." Interesting.

screw u guys omg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    Any player who has not got a vote placed on another player at deadline will have a reduction that players number of votes by 1 until the next dusk.
    Define this: does this mean that the mod will effectively vote the players not placing votes, bringing them one vote closer to a lynch, or will this mean that you remove their capability to vote, or if they're a doublevoter, one of their votes?

/out for next, got holiday to look forward to.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    What's the max number of people this game will have by the way?

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure if I'll play but put a spot in for me I guess

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10/4 little keleb im comming in hot on the target. Prepare F-4 missiles, and LAUNCH!
    Thats how you sign up right?

10+ Year Old Account
    *Grabs the lube*

Alright gimme a few minutes to figure out how to apply this properly, and I'll be in.

Deleted
    lazy mod not making a list of signed players

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Define this: does this mean that the mod will effectively vote the players not placing votes, bringing them one vote closer to a lynch, or will this mean that you remove their capability to vote, or if they're a doublevoter, one of their votes?

/out for next, got holiday to look forward to.
    It means that any player who fails to have a vote placed at deadline on day X will have their vote value set to 0 on day X+1.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    That hint rule seems like mafia can abuse it and be like "oh woops sorry guys" or new players can. Hmmmm. I wonder how short the hints will be. "Day 2 start. Lysah: scum." Interesting.
    It will probably be easier understanding the hints for more experienced players but those new to the game should probably understand them after a day or two and will probably "get help" from the experienced players. The hints won't be that hard to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    What's the max number of people this game will have by the way?
    There's currently no limit on the number of players allowed but there might be one added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    *Grabs the lube*

Alright gimme a few minutes to figure out how to apply this properly, and I'll be in.
    I don't want to know more...

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    lazy mod not making a list of signed players
    Lazy mod just got back from ironing shirts and is now replying and updating the TP.
    Last edited by keleb; 2013-06-28 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    I didn't see that. I'm in for now then. If it goes over 20 I'll just don't want to play. >-<

15+ Year Old Account
    This is Big Red to base, come in.
    (Go ahead Big Red)
    Yeah, 10-4, I am locked onto target and I'm comin in hot
    (copy that)

<<Yes, Sign me the F up!>>

Will be a replacement for the first person who you decide is too inactive to play/someone goes on vacation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to play ... that rule sounds intriguing - about the NEED to vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means that any player who fails to have a vote placed on day X will have one less vote to place on day X+1. Normally players only have one vote so they'll have no vote to place (or actually any vote they place will count for 0).
    hmmmmm, not liking this :\ (shoulda read op before signing up lol) I'd like you to move me to the last possible replacement slot(after Greeney and any others).

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Eh. That vote rule will probably hurt town (from lazy townies not voting) more than it will mafia. Might even make mafia able to claim majority (or close to it) on an earlier day than the one where they instant win (if it was just one mafia team and village).

I also see some people being like "oh shit, 12-24 hours till deadline. Let me just secure my vote on this poorly placed target so I can vote again tomorrow! AfkGNI'mbusy/don'twannawatchthread" which is lol....

In any case, looks interesting. Have fun.