10+ Year Old Account

Trinkets for Prot

I have recently respecced my Paladin Alt to Protection as my raid group is looking to have a backup block tank available for certain fights but have the worst possible trinkets known to man. The 463 tanking trinket from Mogu'shan Palace and a Ghost Iron Dragonling with Hit, Exp and Haste.

I am wondering if it is worth buying the 5.0 tanking trinket from Valor? I know AMR isn't the most reliable source sometimes, but it rates it pretty darn high on the list of trinkets for my Paladin.

Similarly, what would people suggest as a second trinket, I was looking at the Shado-pan Assault trinket, but given how bad dodge is and how the trinket works, I can't see it being really that viable?

Any advice would be great. I'm not new to Paladin tanking, as my Paladin was my main all the way from Vanilla, just am a little confused on this issue.

Deleted
    As for shado-pan trinket the expertise one is the one you are looking for. It could be worth buying the 5.0 trinket, but I would be satisfied having GID + Shadopan trinket and using the extra vp on valor upgrades rather than the 5.0 trinket.

The VP trinket, the one that gives exp and a proc for str is the best, reforged into haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies guys. I was looking at the Str DPS trinket but wasn't sure how good it would be. Glad to know it is viable.