Thread: Ask Mr. Robot?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ask Mr. Robot?

Hey guys,

I've just recently picked up my warlock to see the new content and I quickly got this urge to 'min-max' my stats.

Needless to say, it's been a VERY long time since I've played this game and even longer since I've played it seriously (that being hardcore raiding), so I'm a bit rusty.

Some guy advised me to use the website: Ask Mr. Robot, which apparently optimizes your toon for you. In the past, I've always used simcraft, but I really don't feel like putting in all the effort for some LFR.

That said, is Mr. Robot reliable? For my toon it basically changed all my haste reforges into mastery.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cturnus/simple

Thanks for yer help!

Deleted
    You can also get ReforgeLite for example as an Ingame-Addon to do reforges

Deleted
    I've always found Mr Robot to be reliable. You can choose different builds under "choose a gearing strategy". For many classes, the strategy they use changes as their gear improves (RPPM trinkets/gem, etc) so have a play with it and see which is most comfortable for you.

I've had some trouble with it in regards to haste capping. They recently released a feature that allows you to select what haste cap you want, and then it does all your reforging. I play as Demo with UVLS, and wanted to reach the 8097 Doom(ea) haste cap. SO i went into the feature and set that as my cap. I refresh my list, and it has me reforging into some haste, however I was stuck around the 4717 haste level. that being said, for the longest time I assumed, meh must not be able to hit cap. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, I started playing around with Reforge Lite, which BTW ONLY does Reforging (gemming is up to you) and I noticed... Hey.... If I switch a few gems around (I think it was 3 yellows) I'll be able to hit the haste cap, and then some! This had me confused because Mr Robot wouldn't take me past 4717 haste. SO I started debating whether Ask Mr Robot was trying to protect me in that haste was not as strong of a stat as some of the other stats, and through some of my reading, I've seen people going FULL haste builds as well. After switching things around, I'm extremely happy hitting the 8097 haste cap at 420 ilvl, then going more into mastery. I've bursted an opener for 320k in LFR, but usually sustain ~ 130-140k dps single target. (And I will be the first to admit, I'm no where near the best warlock in the world.)

TLDR: Ask Mr Robot IMO seems great, as long as you don't want to change up your stats and do your own thing. Every time I've tried, its flaked out on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphe View Post
    I've had some trouble with it in regards to haste capping. They recently released a feature that allows you to select what haste cap you want, and then it does all your reforging. I play as Demo with UVLS, and wanted to reach the 8097 Doom(ea) haste cap. SO i went into the feature and set that as my cap. I refresh my list, and it has me reforging into some haste, however I was stuck around the 4717 haste level. that being said, for the longest time I assumed, meh must not be able to hit cap. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, I started playing around with Reforge Lite, which BTW ONLY does Reforging (gemming is up to you) and I noticed... Hey.... If I switch a few gems around (I think it was 3 yellows) I'll be able to hit the haste cap, and then some! This had me confused because Mr Robot wouldn't take me past 4717 haste. SO I started debating whether Ask Mr Robot was trying to protect me in that haste was not as strong of a stat as some of the other stats, and through some of my reading, I've seen people going FULL haste builds as well. After switching things around, I'm extremely happy hitting the 8097 haste cap at 420 ilvl, then going more into mastery. I've bursted an opener for 320k in LFR, but usually sustain ~ 130-140k dps single target. (And I will be the first to admit, I'm no where near the best warlock in the world.)

TLDR: Ask Mr Robot IMO seems great, as long as you don't want to change up your stats and do your own thing. Every time I've tried, its flaked out on me.
    Allright, I'll give it a fair shot then. This part of the game I enjoy most, I think

I'm still wondering though, for what haste cap should I go in my current gear? Probably for the 21.40% mark, right? Which means I can reforge all my superfluous haste into mastery.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-06-27 at 02:00 PM.

The best way to use mrrobot is to run simcraft for your current character then plug in the stat weights. otherwise it has a tendency to occasionally be silly with its placements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haphe View Post
    SO I started debating whether Ask Mr Robot was trying to protect me in that haste was not as strong of a stat as some of the other stats
    The problem here is MrRobot compute your score with a weight system.
    Changing the haste cap is good, but if the weight of haste at haste cap is inferior to what you lose by reaching it, MrRobot will not push you to it.
    I don't really know the weight for warlock, but if reforging and gemming to reach haste cap makes you lose Intel and Intel is a powerful stat for you, it will be considered by the program sub optimal.

If you value the haste cap, you should up the weight of haste. Experiment by raising it .1 by .1 to see what it comes up with.
    When you're satisfied, keep the weights for future stuff ^^

Use the Mr. Robot beta optimizer option, it's a checkbox under the options. They've changed their algorithm to be more accurate (actually 100% accurate), whereas the old algorithm used to advise things like the Expertise glove enchant over Haste/Mastery and then using Reckless over Wicked, etc.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Haphe, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Are you still having the haste cap issues? If so, do NOT try to fix it - instead, can you save your character to a profile (blue save button) and send me that link? Then I can see exactly what you're seeing. Phyl's explanation (if Haste's weight is too low) might be one of the problems. I want to see if something else is going on too.

Nocturnus, since you're new to AMR, here's a few things that might help you off the bat:

And, like Rustjive said, we just released a beta of our new optimization algorithm, which will guarantee the absolute best solution (after any kinks and bugs are found, of course).
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

I had Mr.Robot and Reforge-Lite telling me to reforge some crit gear to expertise for some reason. I was hit capped and I know its supposed to go hit>haste>mastery but I have no idea why its telling me expertise?

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    I had Mr.Robot and Reforge-Lite telling me to reforge some crit gear to expertise for some reason. I was hit capped and I know its supposed to go hit>haste>mastery but I have no idea why its telling me expertise?
    Expertise counts as Hit for casters in MoP. If the pieces already have Hit, they're still eligible for expertise (assuming the piece does not also have expertise).
    Last edited by Alaira; 2013-06-27 at 06:44 PM.

Well, I've done my reforges and gemming now. How do you guys think this looks:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cturnus/simple

I went for the 6637 haste plateau, since I couldn't reach more than 9k when gemming and reforging for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    Expertise counts as Hit for casters in MoP. If the pieces already have Hit, they're still eligible for expertise (assuming the piece does not also have expertise).
    AH ok that makes more sense now. I haven't really kept up with all the patch notes.

I play affliction, with an ilvl of 422

Mr.Robot advises me to go all mastery, even reforging haste where possible

yet my own personal experience is that haste is the most important factor, especially when you are able to break the 9778 breakpoint, right now i'm sitting at 10,430 haste and 68 mastery

If I were to follow Mr. Robot's advise my DPS would decrease by about 20k

Shiekyerbooty, you can edit the stat weights, putting Haste higher than Mastery. What is your character name and realm? I'll check it out and send you the link

That would be cool....Taobender on Lightbringer

tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Haphe, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Are you still having the haste cap issues? If so, do NOT try to fix it - instead, can you save your character to a profile (blue save button) and send me that link? Then I can see exactly what you're seeing. Phyl's explanation (if Haste's weight is too low) might be one of the problems. I want to see if something else is going on too.

Nocturnus, since you're new to AMR, here's a few things that might help you off the bat:

And, like Rustjive said, we just released a beta of our new optimization algorithm, which will guarantee the absolute best solution (after any kinks and bugs are found, of course).
    It lists me at 16%+ for hit rating http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/2...2-8a23dfb806c9 but im actually 15.11% hit. If i go with how it recommends it will put me under cap no?

Shiekyerbooty, I'm guessing you loaded your character in with the default stat weights, which are good for T14 gear and early T15 gear. You have the Legendary Meta gem and some nice gear, so you should be using the T15 weights. Once you switch to those weights, Mr. Robot recommends Haste over Mastery. I must note that I found a typo on the 'short description' of the T15 weights: it incorrectly says Mastery > Haste, but the stat weights are correctly weighted as Haste > Mastery. So don't let that confuse you (and I'll be fixing that typo asap).

Here's a saved profile with the T15 weights: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/f...9-a85b73ed12f2
    I simmed it, and it does in fact do more DPS than your current setup. It's close, but still better by a bit.

Xuros - can you tell me what your character sheet HIT says in-game? Is that what you were looking at, or were you looking at the armory? In the past, battle.net wasn't adding expertise into your hit score. I don't know if that's been fixed or not - but in-game was always showing it correctly. Let me know what you find and I'll dig into it some more if necessary.

That was great, ty Zoopercat

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Shiekyerbooty, I'm guessing you loaded your character in with the default stat weights, which are good for T14 gear and early T15 gear. You have the Legendary Meta gem and some nice gear, so you should be using the T15 weights. Once you switch to those weights, Mr. Robot recommends Haste over Mastery. I must note that I found a typo on the 'short description' of the T15 weights: it incorrectly says Mastery > Haste, but the stat weights are correctly weighted as Haste > Mastery. So don't let that confuse you (and I'll be fixing that typo asap).

Here's a saved profile with the T15 weights: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/f...9-a85b73ed12f2
    I simmed it, and it does in fact do more DPS than your current setup. It's close, but still better by a bit.

Xuros - can you tell me what your character sheet HIT says in-game? Is that what you were looking at, or were you looking at the armory? In the past, battle.net wasn't adding expertise into your hit score. I don't know if that's been fixed or not - but in-game was always showing it correctly. Let me know what you find and I'll dig into it some more if necessary.
    In game it lists 15.11% spell hit and the armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced