Page 1 of 3
LastLast

And before you know it we'll have Robin Williams in the whitehouse.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    That would be awesome!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you do not think this was possible I do not know what to say. But Robin Williams ain't so bad.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be far better than what we have in the whitehouse currently.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Ofcourse it can.
    Where on earth did they have ones that are 100% fair?

Deleted
    This is not news

Let me rephrase. Of course they could be used to rig elections.

Rather, we have a computer programmer testifying that he was solicited by a US congressman to rig an election in his district and suspects that such a rigging took place given the outcome of the election compared to the exit polls.

Well, he proposes the safeguard of looking at the sourcecode 'before it goes out', doesn't he? Strange that there isn't such a safeguard already in place if it's as easy as he says to pull this off without it being possible to detect.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't use those machines?

It's a lot harder to rig real elections with paper because multiple people are around.

Deleted
    are you honestly unaware of the fact that if there's even a minor piece of electronics in there, it can be hacked? I mean, you just need to find a way to inject your malicious code into the execution process, and there are tons of ways to do that. Hell, In an episode in Season 7, a man managed to hack the Angelatron by grafting a QR code onto a bone. And it's possible to hack a smartphone through the charger. In a few weeks, someone wants to show they can hack a car on a security conference. And I wouldn't be surprised if it were possible to insert a security leak into a WoW addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    are you honestly unaware of the fact that if there's even a minor piece of electronics in there, it can be hacked? I mean, you just need to find a way to inject your malicious code into the execution process, and there are tons of ways to do that. Hell, In an episode in Season 7, a man managed to hack the Angelatron by grafting a QR code onto a bone. And it's possible to hack a smartphone through the charger. In a few weeks, someone wants to show they can hack a car on a security conference. And I wouldn't be surprised if it were possible to insert a security leak into a WoW addon.
    Do you have any idea what the words youre using even mean?

Yeah what Laize said, you do realize that is a TV show right? As in it's not real? I'm sorry but please show proof that people can pull of "hacking" of that nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit my FIRST thought. I am clearly a terrible human being.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Do you have any idea what the words youre using even mean?
    yes I do. I'm a developer myself, I need to know stuff like this for my job. for sources:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06...r_car_hacking/

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/0...in-one-minute/

http://bones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Crack_in_the_Code

the addon stuff is pure conjecture, but all it takes is some malicious code hidden in an image record.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Yeah what Laize said, you do realize that is a TV show right? As in it's not real? I'm sorry but please show proof that people can pull of "hacking" of that nature.
    one of them is from the TV show, but it's something that's actually possible.

This explains how we got Obummer.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You know, comrades," says Stalin, "that I think in regard to this: I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this — who will count the votes, and how." -Stalin-

Quoted from "Vospominaniia Byvshego Sekretaria Stalina"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    You can even have a keylogger through a powerline....or even with a laser..
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You can even have a keylogger through a powerline....or even with a laser..
    You can even download a bear.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    You can even download a bear.
    You can turn a photocopier into a polygraph machine.

I saw it on The Wire.