Thread: Maplestory

10+ Year Old Account

Maplestory

I have some questions do people still play the game I mean I still see ads and I was wondering do people still play cause it looks like their were updates and I think I might get back in to it.

They still update the game a lot, after all, Nexon perfected the art of sucking people into the cash shop. Frequent updates are one of the best ways to get people to buy new stuff so it's quite worth it for them to push out new content quickly.

It's been a few months since I last played but the game has come quite far, even for a 100% f2p player you can do pretty well on your own now, especially if you play right after a big patch hits and participate in their in game events. I don't know how long it's been since you played but if you enjoyed it in the past I think it's definitely worth giving another try. I would probably still play, myself, if I had anyone to play with =p

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question

Is there a reason to still roll the old classes over the new ones?

I don't think it is as popular as it used to be, I've had a very on and off relationship with the game, I think in its current state its one of the best MMOs from a casual perspective, easy to learn, levels come easily and just has large amounts of content now.

@pacox, it depends on what you want to play. I love the old classes since I played since Beta (assassin's especially), the new classes are definitely more unique and some have different level caps and I think one can even be reborn or something. But ultimately choose a class you like the playstyle of they are all balanced pretty well and have their own strong points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I have a question

Is there a reason to still roll the old classes over the new ones?
    From a balance standpoint, not really. The only three classes that are really great in terms of bossing is a Marksman, Fire and Poison mage or Hero. Sniper you need to get to level 195 and then your damage sky rockets to no other. FnP, sort of the same deal. Hero you just smash the combo button.

I still play around once in a while but don't expect anything relatively balanced.

For the most overpowered class, pick Kaiser. For the most expensive class, pick Kaiser. Kaiser has the ability and the potential to make any situation in favor to said Kaiser. He's also not squishy and has an annoying voice.
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread...d%20%/s%20List

In terms of cheapest gear to most expensive. Bowman > Mage > Pirate > Thief > Warrior.

Be a Mercedes so you can fly around doing average damage but with real style :3

10+ Year Old Account
    nauh the update came and I rolled cannonneer. I played for 1 hour got to 40 already.