Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I think the inclusion of Gamon into the storyline was a nice touch. Saurfang entering the mix already is what everyone is expecting -- Gamon playing a fairly integral role was definitely not. I like a little unpredictability thrown into the storylines once in a while. Kudos to Blizzard.
    Optional achievement I wouldn't call an integral role.

Heroic SoO storyline NPC most likely~ like the deal we had with firelands

Saurfang > Gamon. I'd like more seeing an old veteran of war fighting with Nazgrim, than this stupid tauren.

Gamon is no joke. Here is Gamon single-handedly wiping an Alliance raid on Garrosh and saving Orgrimmar:

Hero charges in @ :47 is the moment of liberation.

The easiest way to wipe an alliance raid on Orgrimmar is to involve Gamon in the fight. On most servers, Gamon is a Hero to the Horde. I pity you if you don't respect Gamon. He has saved Orgrimmar countless times. Slaughtered countless allies. He has been forged by battle and anyone who disrespects Gamon will get a well deserved axe. Alliance love killing Garrosh on Alliance populated servers but they cringe in fear that Gamon will be kited into and wipe their raid.
    Last edited by betsyross; 2013-06-28 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Still within charge/cleave distance of Orgrimmar.
    Yeah, just waiting for the rage bar to fill, then he's gonna charge Orgrimmar Juggernaut style /watch?v=hJ4r-1OxALE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Optional achievement I wouldn't call an integral role.
    ^ this is quite right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I think the inclusion of Gamon into the storyline was a nice touch. Saurfang entering the mix already is what everyone is expecting -- Gamon playing a fairly integral role was definitely not. I like a little unpredictability thrown into the storylines once in a while. Kudos to Blizzard.
    Gamon only does this for an achievement.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Horde players who have no respect for Gamon mostly play on full pop 100% Horde servers and have never seen Gamon wipe an Alliance raid before. Gamon is the respected savior of Orgrimmar for anyone who plays on a balanced or Alliance server.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Saurfang is in Razor Hill. He may straight up tell us "I'm too old for this shit".
    They would totally destroy Saurfang as a character if they had him claim that. He isn't the type to break a promise.

Plus, Gamon's voice actor is the same as Saurfang.. I'm thinking we'll see some lines from The Cleave Machine in the next PTR patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Still within charge/cleave distance of Orgrimmar.
    It's SAURFANG. He's within cleave distance from Draenor.

Saurfang was also a meme and Blizzard raised his presence due to his popularity as a meme. The QQ over Gamon is hilarious, people need to get over it. I like it that Gamon a useless drunk has improved and trained so much that he is powerful enough to kill Nazgrim. Not everyone is born powerful and strong, Gamon is the common mans hero. You should be applauding Blizzard not QQing as usual. He is the most popular NPC in Orgimmar, and he has every right to be in the Orgimmar raid.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2013-06-28 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    They would totally destroy Saurfang as a character if they had him claim that. He isn't the type to break a promise.

Plus, Gamon's voice actor is the same as Saurfang.. I'm thinking we'll see some lines from The Cleave Machine in the next PTR patch.
    You need to remember Saurfang is REALLY old now.

Not just that, but he made that promise BEFORE he lost his kid, then had to KILL his reanimated, mind controlled kid. I wouldn't be surprised if he's taken a vow of silence or peace.

Or he'll have an integral role which I'm hoping for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    You need to remember Saurfang is REALLY old now.

Not just that, but he made that promise BEFORE he lost his kid, then had to KILL his reanimated, mind controlled kid. I wouldn't be surprised if he's taken a vow of silence or peace.

Or he'll have an integral role which I'm hoping for.
    I don't think he's taken a vow of silence and peace. But I do think he's not the same Orc he was before. I do think him becoming a trainer for elite Warriors would be cool. I mean what better way to show how far you've come than to be worthy of training from SAURFANG?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Garrosh isn't the only person we have to kill in this raid. Most of the mobs are going to be Kor'kron. And what is Varok Saurfang's title?

High Overlord of the Kor'kron Guard.

Asking him to go in and slay his own men by the hundreds...seems a little cruel to me. If I were him, I'd want to sit this one out. On the other hand, if I were me I'd want to sit this one out, but as a player I don't have that luxury.

no, I don't consider it fair. we haven't seen any involvement from saurfang yet who despite what some people seem to wish IS an important lore character who has proven himself capable multiple times, meanwhile another good lore character is dieing to the running joke of orgrimar because blizzard likes memes too much to have put him out of his misery when they switched things in cata. yes I'm sure someone somewhere will say "gamon's not a joke" YES HE IS! people wouldn't even be SAYING he isn't a joke if they weren't in on the joke that is taking a character that had a terrible design decision and buffing him as a challenge to players (yeah, that's right, there's no lore behind him being stronger just blizz taking a low level quest target in a capital and making him higher level). it's insulting seeing an entire faction go to infighting and lose good characters to badly made memes, it's insulting that a character many people liked is going out to what is essentially a punching bag, and it's insulting that the people who constantly hyped up that punching bag because they thought it was funny are now claiming they saw a savior of the horde all along -_-

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Garrosh isn't the only person we have to kill in this raid. Most of the mobs are going to be Kor'kron. And what is Varok Saurfang's title?

High Overlord of the Kor'kron Guard.

Asking him to go in and slay his own men by the hundreds...seems a little cruel to me. If I were him, I'd want to sit this one out. On the other hand, if I were me I'd want to sit this one out, but as a player I don't have that luxury.
    those aren't his kor'kron, as of tides of war most of the kor'kron are blackrock orcs garrosh let into the horde to be his private army of fanatics. it's the same reason you don't see any of the kor'kron members that aren't orcs anymore despite the fact that there were some.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Are you talking about the Gamon that was buffed to hell in Cataclysm and required someone to kite him to hell les he rip them asunder?
    Characters grow. Times change. Stories evolve. Ragnaros (In vanilla), who is arguably the strongest elemental lord is weaker in terms of everything than even the first boss in BWL and AQ40 and Naxx, not to mention weaker than any other bosses in any expansion.
    Shit, Take a look at what Mankirk has been doing to the quillboar these(post-shattering) days.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=37847/man...hots:id=191879

For a moment, I thought my hatred had stilled. My wife laid to rest, a final offering of the blood of her murderers to quell her tortured spirit. I thought perhaps peace would appeal to me.

I was wrong.

I will not rest now until every single filthy, squealing, murderous quilboar lays dead and broken! I cannot kill them fast enough with my own two hands. Go and slay more for me, <race>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really don't understand why blizzard did this. Nazgrim was only encounter in SoO i was looking for (due him being only not "lolinsane" character) but i seems blizzard couldnt resist urge to put some lulzy memes even there. I wonder if spoils of pandaria boss will have lolbrann and harrison jones here ? And maybe haris pilton in last fight against garrosh (it would be awesome if she get the kill).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Saurfang however, wasn't added to the game until the patch with BWD, and he didn't get any real attention until the AQ patch, nor did he get lore or even a first name until Wrath.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    What importance did Saurfang have in the lore, exactly? Other than being a random NPC that was the bane of alliance made raids to orgimmar in vanilla?

If that's a good criteria for being an important lore character, then that travelling mushroom vendor in Tarren mill should be the main villain in the next expansion.
    nominated for most hilariously uninformed post of 2013
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Saurfang got development in wrath due to his pop culture status since people thought he was "bad ass" for smashing alliance raids to org and shouting some stuff during the AQ event.

I totally understand people not wanting "pop culture characters" to be involved in raids or whatever, but saying Gamon shouldn't be involved but Saurfang should is... inconsistent. The only difference is that Saurfang got his first lore build up a while ago and Gamon is getting his now.

Sources providing evidence of Saurfangs pre-wotlk meme status can be found on the old wowwiki.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Saurfang_facts for example.
    Last edited by Rhaktor; 2013-06-28 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Added link