Thread: Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Yes let's watch someone that has been proven to be a liar, that will help us know the truth.
    So, you have no regard for liars, correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    I'd rather know how they ended up so far from the spot Zimmerman claimed he was attacked, if one punch knocked him on his back.
    It's clear you've never watched Dragon Ball Z.

So, you have no regard for liars, correct?
    Let's just say I have a sneaking suspicion bordering on certainty that liars tell lies.

Furthermore, why anyone would put more credence on the word of someone not an eye witness versus those that are, is mysterious indeed.

Lastly, the interpretation of a known liar of a phone call becomes even more dubious when that person can't even read.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    1. She was mumbling incoherently having to repeatedly re-answer questions
    2. Her testimony on the stand does not match up with statements prior
    3. She is a proven liar, about her age, about going to his funeral, about being ill...
    4. She was a personal friend of the victim; and obviously has a bias for him.
    5. She didn't notify police or anyone after the phone call; even though she now claims she heard fighting.

I can go on.
    She gave her first official interview with police in front on Martin's mother in her house. It wouldn't be surprising if at that moment she began to revise her story to appease Ms. Fulton. In fact she admitted her presence had an impact on that interview.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 11:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I don't think she meant to imply that he was back at the house, I think she, or possibly what he told her was that he was in the back of the houses. I'm sure the transcript of what she said further would give you more detail.
    or that he lied to her?

She said he was running at one point when the phone cut off and when they reconnected he was out of breath. The fight did not occur until several minutes after Martin initially saw Zimmerman yet he made almost no progress towards his house. He must have stopped or gone backwards at some point correct?

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Let's just say I have a sneaking suspicion bordering on certainty that liars tell lies.

Furthermore, why anyone would put more credence on the word of someone not an eye witness versus those that are, is mysterious indeed.

Lastly, the interpretation of a known liar of a phone call becomes even more dubious when that person can't even read.

So you would have an issue if someone, say, lied under oath?

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    No. That is the name given to him by Trayvon Martin supporters on social media.
    and precious?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by sorix View Post
    this guy was really out to get trayvon..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1sx...layer_embedded
    Again, he better hope that video doesn't get introduced. It has glaring inconsistencies with his written account, and the factual evidence of the scene.

Again, he better hope that video doesn't get introduced. It has glaring inconsistencies with his written account, and the factual evidence of the scene.
    I would say it's likely for the jury to conclude Zimmerman did follow Martin to an extent. They could also assume his location is slightly off. Most of the other evidence and witness testimony matches his story. I may be missing things of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but looking at ALL the information given, it looks more like Zimmerman was only protecting himself from an out-lash since he called 911 on Trayvon.
    Zimmerman was a community watchmen and he seen Trayvon acting suspicious and so he called 911 and left it at that then got jumped.

It has nothing to do with the color of your skin or where you are from, it has to do with if you are looking suspicious then you're probably doing something you shouldn't and if someone sees you then obviously they'll call the police on you.

I don't watch Fox of CNN news anymore, they're only showing one side of the story like the bias idiots they are.

Also Zimmerman isn't technically white according to most because of his lineage, so the whole racism debate is thrown out the window. It just simply comes down to he saw the kid acting weird, called 911 and then left it and got attacked by the kid because he knew what Zimmerman was doing.

They can show all the happy/sad pictures on Fox and CNN all they want of Trayvon, but even the Mafia can pull off innocents in a picture so to me family photos that to not pertain to the time of the crime are obsolete in a news report or court rooms.
    Also the mother is annoying. I'm sorry but she can say her kid was innocent all she wants, but any parent will do that about their kid because they either don't want to be in the category of fail parenting or they are in denial.

I hope he walks, this reverse racism stuff needs to end because it's seriously getting annoying. You want racism to end, stop talking about it! Best Morgan Freeman quote ever, look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    I would say it's likely for the jury to conclude Zimmerman did follow Martin to an extent. They could also assume his location is slightly off. Most of the other evidence and witness testimony matches his story. I may be missing things of course.
    Of course. It's just a matter of whether they consider more than the length of a house as slightly off. We won't know for a few weeks I suppose.

The location where Zimmerman claimed Martin attacked him and knocked him down is a good distance away from where Martin's body was found(face down, arms underneath shown in the picture taken by Manalo). In the reenactment video he tried to explain it away as having stumbled, but even after the stumble, he was not particularly close to the location of the body.

I'd rather know how they ended up so far from the spot Zimmerman claimed he was attacked, if one punch knocked him on his back.
    If you watch the interview with Zimmerman he specifically said when Trayvon Martin was on top of him that he spent a long time trying to shrimp (he called it shimmy) out from underneathe him, and that is also how Travyon saw his gun.

If you know anything about BJJ you realize that shrimping effectively requires you to move about 10-15 feet, this is why in the UFC you constantly see players shrimp over to the cage wall and use it to cage walk back to their feet. If you ever do watch the UFC you'll notice that most knock out punches end up with the guy who got knocked down from a single strike usually end up being about 10-15 feet away from where he was when he took the hit.

They tend to fly backwards and try to scramble away, it's a natural reaction. The only time you see them collapse on the spot is during a true KO (which requires the person to be unconscious) and even then they move a bit.
    Last edited by achromatickang; 2013-06-30 at 03:53 AM.

Of course. It's just a matter of whether they consider more than the length of a house as slightly off. We won't know for a few weeks I suppose.

The location where Zimmerman claimed Martin attacked him and knocked him down is a good distance away from where Martin's body was found(face down, arms underneath shown in the picture taken by Manalo). In the reenactment video he tried to explain it away as having stumbled, but even after the stumble, he was not particularly close to the location of the body.
    It's up to the jury, but I don't think a couple yards or whatever it was is going to make or break this verdict.
    Of course like every eyewitness it is unfair to assume he has a perfect memory of the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemiki View Post
    I'm sorry but looking at ALL the information given, it looks more like Zimmerman was only protecting himself from an out-lash since he called 911 on Trayvon.
    Zimmerman was a community watchmen and he seen Trayvon acting suspicious and so he called 911 and left it at that then got jumped.

It has nothing to do with the color of your skin or where you are from, it has to do with if you are looking suspicious then you're probably doing something you shouldn't and if someone sees you then obviously they'll call the police on you.

I don't watch Fox of CNN news anymore, they're only showing one side of the story like the bias idiots they are.

Also Zimmerman isn't technically white according to most because of his lineage, so the whole racism debate is thrown out the window. It just simply comes down to he saw the kid acting weird, called 911 and then left it and got attacked by the kid because he knew what Zimmerman was doing.

They can show all the happy/sad pictures on Fox and CNN all they want of Trayvon, but even the Mafia can pull off innocents in a picture so to me family photos that to not pertain to the time of the crime are obsolete in a news report or court rooms.
    Also the mother is annoying. I'm sorry but she can say her kid was innocent all she wants, but any parent will do that about their kid because they either don't want to be in the category of fail parenting or they are in denial.

I hope he walks, this reverse racism stuff needs to end because it's seriously getting annoying. You want racism to end, stop talking about it! Best Morgan Freeman quote ever, look it up.
    *says it has nothing to do with race: writes 3 paragraphs about race*
    You're completely off about the incident though, he didn't just simply call 911 then get jumped. He pursued Trayvon, then got into a fight. There's really no proof about WHO started the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    If you watch the interview with Zimmerman he specifically said when Trayvon Martin was on top of him that he spent a long time trying to shrimp (he called it shimmy) out from underneathe him, and that is also how Travyon saw his gun. If you know anything about BJJ you realize that shrimping effectively requires you to move about 10-15 feet, this is why in the UFC you constantly see players shrimp over to the cage wall and use it to cage walk back to their feet. If you ever do watch the UFC you'll notice that most knock out punches end up with the guy who got knocked out being about 10-15 feet away from where he was when he took the hit.

They tend to fly backwards and try to scramble away, it's a natural reaction. The only time you see them collapse on the spot is during a true KO (which requires the person to be unconscious) and even then they move a bit.
    Through a tree? More than the length of a house? While getting his head "slammed into concrete"? And his mouth covered? And Trayvon going for his gun? That...is some really impressive shimmying...not to mention great synchronization by the two of them.

Yea, dunno about that;/

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 12:02 AM ----------

Also, according to Zimmerman's reenactment and the positions he gives for himself and Trayvon, he would have had to fall forward to end up closer to that location, not backwards.

Either way his accounts aren't consistent.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    It's up to the jury, but I don't think a couple yards or whatever it was is going to make or break this verdict.
    Of course like every eyewitness it is unfair to assume he has a perfect memory of the situation.
    Right, but when you kill someone and you are claiming certain things, any inconsistency is going to be thoroughly examined.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    The pair then got cut off and when she called him back he told her he was back at his father's fiancee's house and he thought he had lost the man.
    She didn't say anything about him being back at his apartment... nothing. That would be kind of significant don't you think? that would have been impossible the cops would have gotten there before he had time to go to the apartment and get back.
    Last edited by Subetei; 2013-06-30 at 04:30 AM.

Through a tree? More than the length of a house? While getting his head "slammed into concrete"? And his mouth covered? And Trayvon going for his gun? That...is some really impressive shimmying...not to mention great synchronization by the two of them.

Yea, dunno about that;/

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 12:02 AM ----------

Also, according to Zimmerman's reenactment and the positions he gives for himself and Trayvon, he would have had to fall forward to end up closer to that location, not backwards.

Either way his accounts aren't consistent.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 12:06 AM ----------

Right, but when you kill someone and you are claiming certain things, any inconsistency is going to be thoroughly examined.
    there's a reason when you interview most fighters they say they don't remember what happened during the fight (Chael claimed this after the Anderson Silva fight solely because of his adrenaline), and a lot of fighters who get struck in the head repeatedly don't remember anything either. The irony of this being when I was a teenager I was getting beat up by another kid who was grinding my face onto a side walk, but by the time the cops showed up we had scrambled about 30 feet into someone's backyard / the grass. I don't even remember a majority of the fight because my sister who watched the entire ordeal tells me I did things I don't remember doing which may have been either from suffering several concussions, the adrenaline or both.

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    there's a reason when you interview most fighters they say they don't remember what happened during the fight (Chael claimed this after the Anderson Silva fight solely because of his adrenaline), and a lot of fighters who get struck in the head repeatedly don't remember anything either. The irony of this being when I was a teenager I was getting beat up by another kid who was grinding my face onto a side walk, but by the time the cops showed up we had scrambled about 30 feet into someone's backyard / the grass. I don't even remember a majority of the fight because my sister who watched the entire ordeal tells me I did things I don't remember doing which may have been either from suffering several concussions, the adrenaline or both.
    Yea that's fine, but he has a very clear memory of it, according to himself. He reenacted it for the police. He remembers exactly where he was when it started, and the body shows where it ended. In a case like this "most fighters don't remember things" is not going to be an acceptable answer.

The jury is going to want answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're assuming assault. You can't. All we know is that an altercation occurred. We do not know who initiated.

By "blown out of proportion" I assume you mean brought to trial...because bringing a case to trial in which there was a killing, ample ambiguity, and glaring inconsistencies is just CRAZY.

Right.
    No, what I meant before you went on an ignorant self-righteous tangent was that the controversy was that this DIDN'T go to trial already. Had this gone to trial like it should have when the crime occurred, it never would have made national news.

The cover-up was the headline that caught people's outrage last summer. Without that, this is a relatively run-of-the-mill "Was it self-defense?" case.

You can resume your indignation now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    No, what I meant before you went on an ignorant self-righteous tangent was that the controversy was that this DIDN'T go to trial already. Had this gone to trial like it should have when the crime occurred, it never would have made national news.

The cover-up was the headline that caught people's outrage last summer. Without that, this is a relatively run-of-the-mill "Was it self-defense?" case.

You can resume your indignation now.
    It still would have been all over the media. When your parents hire a lawyer that calls it a racial crime (he admitted he did so and then admitted it was because it was in the heat of the moment, I think it was during the press conference after Wednesday or Thursdays proceedings) and he then changes his tune to say "I'm glad the defense doesn't want to turn this into a racial crime, because no-one on the Martins side want to turn this into a racial crime" (which I found to be hilarious) the media is going to eat that up.

I definitely don't remember a cover-up making headlines. I remember "racial profiling" making the headlines. I distinctly remember the rallies where they were cashing in with hoodies with the angels face on it making the headlines.