Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of the people with legendary cloaks will have all of the normal gear they need by the time they get the legendary cloak. It just seems silly to make a heroic world boss drop normal mode loot. That would be like Ra-den dropping 522's instead of 541s.
    What about the players that have the cloak already? That only applies to raiders who start doing the chain concurrently with starting SoO. Anyone that has the cloak prior to the release will benefit from SoO ilvl gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    by the time its getting zerged by tons of people it will likely be far into 5.4 which means people will outgear the boss anyways so who cares.

bosses arent meant to be intriguing FOREVER. but atleast this way for a little while they can have a boss with maybe a bit more fancy stuff since it will be tuned for a raid filled with super items
    Exactly. It won't be zerged (or not NEARLY as much as Oondasta) for a few weeks. That is enough time to experience the encounter as designed...Sarevockz you can zerg it with half your server if you want...but not like Oon and not right away.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Its also worrying if players let them get away with it, as its dangerously close to pay to raid... If you sub you should be eligable for all content for that sub, not have to have kept a sub going to be able to take part in content because of gating mechanics like requiring a legendary.

Its a worrying idea. I'd be less concerned if it was not for other thinkpgs bliz has introduced, rmah, bmah and suchlike. Its becomming increasingly obvious that wow and d3 are being used as testing grounds for how much they can push the playrs into accepting, so they can work out what tolerance level they have to work with fo titan.
    Did you seriously just compare RMAH to an item that is only obtainable 100% in game?
    Also, what you just described was in game from the very beginning, it was called RAID ATTUNEMENT. God job throwing a hissy fit over it though.

Also there's nothing wrong for rewarding long-time customers. If you feel the need to quit over it - no one will cry to see you go.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    It just shows that bliz is incapable of handling large events like this with their servers.

Its also worrying if players let them get away with it, as its dangerously close to pay to raid... If you sub you should be eligable for all content for that sub, not have to have kept a sub going to be able to take part in content because of gating mechanics like requiring a legendary.

Its a worrying idea. I'd be less concerned if it was not for other thinkpgs bliz has introduced, rmah, bmah and suchlike. Its becomming increasingly obvious that wow and d3 are being used as testing grounds for how much they can push the playrs into accepting, so they can work out what tolerance level they have to work with fo titan.
    Why does it really matter though? None of the people with your point of view can answer that question. If you weren't subbed you didn't get the legendary and thus you can't do this fight.

People put in effort to be able to do it and you think it's acceptable to let someone who subs as soon as 5.4 comes out be able to do the same shit? Sorry but that makes no logical sense.

I'm not sure I like this, but the reasoning for me isn't "WAAHHH I WANNA LOG IN AND HAS EPIX GIMMEH" which seems to be most other negative reactions.

This is another step backwards for alts. I have FIVE 90s, one of which was my original main. I have 1 toon with the cloak, 1 toon past the valor requirement (my old main) and 3 still on sigils. I now have another thing hindering me from getting them up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I'm not sure I like this, but the reasoning for me isn't "WAAHHH I WANNA LOG IN AND HAS EPIX GIMMEH" which seems to be most other negative reactions.

This is another step backwards for alts. I have FIVE 90s, one of which was my original main. I have 1 toon with the cloak, 1 toon past the valor requirement (my old main) and 3 still on sigils. I now have another thing hindering me from getting them up to speed.
    Yes, but why does it really matter if your alt can do it or not? It's one boss that drops the same ilvl loot that you can get from running SoO. It's not as if he's got special loot better than what you could get else where.

You could go farm 50 coins and use a bonus roll on a boss in SoO and get the exact same result as having done ordos.

you shouldnt need to gear all five alts. I have 5 90s too and I only focus on two. The other three I will play after valor capping the two i play religiously if im bored and dont play another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's utterly fucking stupid and ass backwards. Seriously it's terrible design to lock other players out so SOME people can feel fucking special. I hope they lose a whole bunch of subs over this. Or better yet I hope theirs enough backlash they reverse this.
    No, it means you have to play our game more, to get some of these rewards. Or if you play more we have something for you. Makes complete sense.

The game was never designed to make all content available for all alts. Blizzard have said this on numerous occasions.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Getting them up to speed, are you implying your going to be raiding with FIVE 90s?

It will probably be temporary in the beginning, but I really do think Blizzard will lift this eventually if it does make it live. Assuming there is enough backlash over it. But there are other world bosses on the new isle, isn't there? What do they drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    by the time its getting zerged by tons of people it will likely be far into 5.4 which means people will outgear the boss anyways so who cares.

bosses arent meant to be intriguing FOREVER. but atleast this way for a little while they can have a boss with maybe a bit more fancy stuff since it will be tuned for a raid filled with super items
    you are still not getting it. people raid world bosses mostly on reset day, because they want to have their stuff before raid. even if only a couple of hundred people on your realm are gonna have cloak, most of them will still want to finish it on wednesday, you will have one kill in the morning, one in the early afternoon and one in the early evening, all of them by 2+ raidgorups.

If anything, as time goes by, you will have less and less people doing the boss and THEN the boss will be done with 1 group. the number of people wont skyrocket later in 5.4, most people that worked on the cloak will have it by 5.4 on their chars and comparatively less people will bother running alts for months in old LFRs just to get through 3 different rng based quests to get the cloak, there will be more people not bothering with it after few weeks of normals, just like with all the world bosses before.

its not gonna be different than oondasta in any way other than the number of kills over the rest of the week will be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Exactly. It won't be zerged (or not NEARLY as much as Oondasta) for a few weeks. That is enough time to experience the encounter as designed...Sarevockz you can zerg it with half your server if you want...but not like Oon and not right away.

Utter bs - high populate servers will zerg it on reset days - low pop servers will be compeltly screwed by this

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    you shouldnt need to gear all five alts. I have 5 90s too and I only focus on two. The other three I will play after valor capping the two i play religiously if im bored and dont play another game.
    Who says so ? what about people who dont give a crack about normal raiding and have fun with playing on multiple alts while u spend time mini/maxing your 2 mains ?

This desing is stupid and wrong - it would be good if they said in the begining that legendary quest progress will unlock additional things in game - aka world boss - but they never did it in the begining of mop
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-06-29 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    Really like this idea. Even when people who only do LFR get the/a cloak, it usually means that they spend the time on the character to get all the requirements for the "legendary" quest and know a thing or two about their class.

But.. For people on low pop servers which are also linked to other low pop battlegroup servers I say, good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    What about the players that have the cloak already? That only applies to raiders who start doing the chain concurrently with starting SoO. Anyone that has the cloak prior to the release will benefit from SoO ilvl gear.
    Legendary Cloak, not the current ilvl 600 one that everyone already has.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

up to speed with what? The valor requiremnt was dropped from 6k Valor to 3k valor. 3 weeks AT BEST instead of the 6 weeks it would of taken before the 5.3 changes. There is still rng for the secrets as well as the runestones (but by 5.4 I see that being nerfed just like it is for the other parts of the quest line. And what is this boss going to give ANY of your alts that you could NOT obtain from LFR already other then normal mode gear that if all you are doing is LFR what does it matter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Utter bs - high populate servers will zerg it on reset days - low pop servers will be compeltly screwed by this
    Virtual Realms says Hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    How would that be any different from screening people for anything else? I don't need the game to tell me, if I'm going to form a group I'm screening the people anyway.
    People don't bother to screen for the other world bosses - they don't need to. Come on, Nalak? Loot Pinata. Sha and Galleon? Sha was a loot pinata early on and Galleon never was up much pre5.2. Post 5.2... Pinata.

I don't mind the screening myself... but this is different because, unless they screen at invite time, you'll put together a PUG and invariably have some who didn't know about the cloak requirement. Of course, I'm assuming this is a boss that needs 25+ people. If it's a 10 person boss, eh.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-06-29 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    wow, your logic...

its a world boss, it will still be zerged with 150 people if needed, its just gonna happen few times on a reset day and barely any raid will be made during the rest of the week. the only way to make the encounter "special" and "intriguing" without being easily overpowered by loads of people is make him instanced, which is the exact opposite of world boss...
    He could be zerged but they could EASILY move the graveyard far away so you couldn't. He also has a 5 minute hard enrage timer (you fail at 5 minutes) and 2 raid wiping mechanics (a shared cleave and a bomb) unlike Oon who had neither.

So ya you could probably get 100+ people but the 3 reasons Oon could be zerged is because he had a soft enrage timer instead of a hard one (slowly did more damage), only 1 mechanic that wiped you raid (the beam which was nerfed), and you could drag him right beside the graveyard. They already got rid of 2 of those on this new boss, if the graveyard is far away he won't be zerged.

With 4 other world bosses I can see most players avoiding this guy because it isn't worth the pug hassle lol.
    Last edited by Raone; 2013-06-29 at 11:01 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Utter bs - high populate servers will zerg it on reset days - low pop servers will be completely screwed by this
    Low pop servers are getting virtual realms to fix the low pop issue. Your argument is invalid.