Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    No what people are saying is a warlock dropping his stone after he has teleported to where Ordos is. Unless teleporting automatically puts you in combat with the boss what's stopping that from happening? Yes it is painfully obvious and you would think blizz would have a way to prevent it but they have failed on far worse things in the past.
    There are areas which disable warlock summons, y'know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's utterly fucking stupid and ass backwards. Seriously it's terrible design to lock other players out so SOME people can feel fucking special. I hope they lose a whole bunch of subs over this. Or better yet I hope theirs enough backlash they reverse this.
    Looks like someone didn't bother with the legendary quest line this expansion and now is bitter about it. This is not exclusive content, this is not "locking out players" in any way, shape, or form. This is a nice bonus to make up for the fact that the legendary this expansion is a mere cloak and not an epic looking weapon or armor. Quit blowing this out of proportions just because you couldn't be arsed to complete some quests.

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    It's a nice mechanic but it really does suck for people with alts.
    I have 5 toons, all above 510ilvl, both offspec and mainspec, all on the titan runestone part of the questline. This would have been impossible in TBC or even Wrath, but with the adition of LFR, and it's meek difficulty, it's laughably easy to accomplish considering how easy and fast LFR clears are. I play 2-3 hours each day during the week.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2013-06-29 at 05:26 PM.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...People wanted to be special snowflakes and now when they can? They want to get back to the old way of everyone getting stuff. Besides that I mean its just 1 world boss you guys, 1 less world boss won't lock you out from getting 520 ilvl... Dedicate some time, get the cloak and get to him. Not everything has to be casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    No what people are saying is a warlock dropping his stone after he has teleported to where Ordos is. Unless teleporting automatically puts you in combat with the boss what's stopping that from happening? Yes it is painfully obvious and you would think blizz would have a way to prevent it but they have failed on far worse things in the past.
    They have a mechanisims that prevents summons in the game already, just saying :P.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    There are areas which disable warlock summons, y'know.
    Guess you didn't read the last line where I said they have failed at making sure far worse things have been implemented before and that it's painfully obvious and yet there's the possibility they could screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyl View Post
    All I see here is "I want this handed to me on a silver platter with gold accents and perfect cut diamonds scattered everywhere." You bitch more than I do and Im a female. Period much?
    You dear lady made my day.

And thank fuck they are bringing back something bordering on proper attunement again.
    Friend of mine only does LFR's during the weekend as he has zero time during the week to play yet he has his cloak and is 2 runestones away from his alt getting the cloak so even LFR jockeys can get this before 5.4 hits.
    Long story short if you can't even be arsed to do LFR you should keep your gob shut and go play hello kitty.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I like this idea. Its rewards people who put in the effort for the legendary. As everyone gets to start the legendary chain the moment you hit 90, the only people who won't EVENTUALLY get access are those that don't want to participate in the chain. I don't have my cloak yet, but I know I will in time. If that means I don't get to kill a world boss on patch day, i can live with that. I'll still enjoy fighting it once I unlock it.
    Alt-unfriendly.

And not every alt is a baddie, just like not every main is good. I know I am better on my alts than some people are on their mains, legendary whatever or not.

But I do think summoning should be disabled. If you are too lazy to travel, no loot for you. Aside from that, there have to be casualties when the line is drawn to evade level 40s, the freshly dinged blue geared, etc. Yes, I have seen a level what was it 55 at Oondasta. And yes, he got loot. Which brings me to another point: to be eligible for loot on Oondasta, Nalak, Galeon, Sha of Anger you must be max level.

So the fact it sucks for alts further differentiates them from mains (even bad mains) with this mechanism its sad for us altoholics but a necessary evil to make sure the previously mentioned punks stay where they belong instead of getting free candy contributing nothing.

I'm more concerned on if they are going to break the "no Legendary transmog" rule for the cloak for 6.0 and beyond. They are nice looking cloaks, and would love to transmog it later on.

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    It's a nice mechanic but it really does suck for people with alts.
    I have 20 alts, 11 90's. I don't care.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for someone like me its never going to happen. I have lots of characters this expansion, and on 7/8 of them I'm still doing the Sigil Collection (14 Wisdom, 3 Power on my Warrior, awesome). I have pretty reasonable gear overall, and usually I'm fully gemmed and enchanted within a week of having upgrades. I'm often more geared than most other tanks I see doing Oondasta, Sha and sometimes Nalak. So for me its a pretty cruel mechanic that locks me out because I have not been rigorously doing the Legendary Quest. I don't honestly see why the Legendary Cloak has to make a difference, they could have just put a barrier around him that has limitations based on ilvl, which would stop badly geared people from attacking hit. Puzzling to me.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Any confirmation about thunderforged type gear in SoO? I haven't found any datamined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    Any confirmation about thunderforged type gear in SoO? I haven't found any datamined.
    Its apperantly going to be called ''Blood-soaked'' Not sure where I read it exactly.

Tier will also have it, to not feel shitty when you get a Tier set instead of exciteing like when you get a Thunderforged.

Let me check if I can find it.

Right in the same post that this information came from.

Thunderforged gear worked out well and will continue (with another name) going forward. Combined with the Valor upgrade system, it almost guarantees that a raid working on progression will be a little bit stronger every week, making it a better alternative to the progressive nerfs from the past.

Call me crazy, but I don't think LFR should even be able to get the legendary items. They lose their "legendary" status to me when anyone can drool on their keyboard and collect Titan Runestones to get a BiS cloak. People talk about how "amazing" BC and Wrath were, but you could only get legendary items there from actually doing the raids in their full glory, yet now they think they deserve rewards just for having a pulse and taking the time to do it?? It's not special when all it takes is pressing "Join Queue". If you don't have time to raid, too bad. Legendary items should be Legendary.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, it's on the front page.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Well, for someone like me its never going to happen. I have lots of characters this expansion, and on 7/8 of them I'm still doing the Sigil Collection (14 Wisdom, 3 Power on my Warrior, awesome). I have pretty reasonable gear overall, and usually I'm fully gemmed and enchanted within a week of having upgrades. I'm often more geared than most other tanks I see doing Oondasta, Sha and sometimes Nalak. So for me its a pretty cruel mechanic that locks me out because I have not been rigorously doing the Legendary Quest. I don't honestly see why the Legendary Cloak has to make a difference, they could have just put a barrier around him that has limitations based on ilvl, which would stop badly geared people from attacking hit. Puzzling to me.
    Again... It's one less world boss you wouldn't be able to enter. Is that stopping you from getting higher Ilvl? No. Just like sha,oondasta,and others world bosses are meant to be as a side filler incase you had bad luck with RNG and still wanted to gear up. Apart from that I mean world bosses feel much common nowadays rather that in vanilla or BC back when it was epic if you saw one or had the gear to be able to kill him, now its just being thrown out so everyone is able to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    All of your characters have LFR gear. Why do you need loot from Ordos if all you're doing is LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    mad cause you're a casual and you can't have everything? get outta here. casuals gonna casual
    I think you really need to look up what the word means. casual=/=bad player.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I think you really need to look up what the word means. casual=/=bad player.
    I don't think he ever said casual=bad, you did that.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    There is almost no RNG anymore here. None. Everything has a guaranteed drop now. You could get it, run LFR, and ta-da! You get your cloak. It's hardly legendary... just a expansion long quest chain that you get a reward at the end of.
    Keyword being 'anymore'. For the longest time, the RNG was retarded. Especially with the coins. I think I had 20+ of one and less than 5 of the other at one point. And I actually got that part of the chain done across multiple alts. But it wasn't even remotely fun. At some point I actually went 'meh' when I got one I needed, simply because the novelty og getting the drop had worn off completely.

But yes, I admit I jumped the gun on the RNG thing in my post.
    Sound more like you didn't want to do it at the beginning, and are now mad.
    How does it sound like I'm mad when I explicitly stated that I don't mind some gated exclusive content for those who put in the time? I simply wish there was more to a legendary quest than simply farming casual (or easy content depending on your definition of 'casual') content. Especially after succesfully completing the Warlock solo quest, I know what actual legendary difficulty could've been. The current 'legendary' is one with the biggest sarcastic quotation marks in a long time.

For once, I wish people would actually read posts they reply to.