Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After getting the 600 cloak you don't actually need to do anymore raiding to get the legendary version. You don't need to enter SoO at all as part of your legendary cloak. Therefore I think this type of method is totally fine. Casuals will whine though because they'll complain they haven't been given enough time to get the cloak (hint: you have).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    No apparently if the OP is to be believed it's very much about having a harder "heroic" world boss. It's a terrible fucking. You people already get a legendary ilvl 600 cloak which will not be replaced and will in fact be upgraded next patch and still you need more. It's never fucking enough.
    I'm 10 runestones from the legendary cloak and my guild isn't half way through ToT. We rule! The legendaries are obtainable in LFR so there's no locking out of casuals. It says it also drops thunderforged loot, so probably 528 ilevel. That means it will be tuned to a ToT boss difficulty, not a heroic boss from Siege of Orgrimarr. I would bet most progression guilds won't have any interest.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not even remotely close to "nearly everything". You can enter a pet battle as soon as you train the skill. Obviously this is far different from obtain the 600 ilvl legendary cloak from a multi spanning quest line. If the requirement to do this boss were that simple and friendly I wouldn't say a word but clearly then everyone would do it and that's a fucking problem apparently.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 04:44 PM ----------

Not really. It's pretty bad. I'm extremely disapointed the developers saw fit to cater to this ENTITLEMENT (and yea I choose the word specifically) mentality.
    All I see here is "I want this handed to me on a silver platter with gold accents and perfect cut diamonds scattered everywhere." You bitch more than I do and Im a female. Period much?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader;21606009[COLOR=red
    ][/COLOR]Not really. It's pretty bad. I'm extremely disapointed the developers saw fit to cater to this ENTITLEMENT (and yea I choose the word specifically) mentality.
    Really? Entitlement? hahaha, wow. Not even remotely the right word choice. Entitlement is what you are, not people who can get the boss because they did the quest chain, lol. My Dad is close to getting it and he just started 2 months ago (and the man is a freaking lawyer). So stop whining man, get over yourself. You'll probably get your free loot somewhere.

Not really. It's pretty bad. I'm extremely disapointed the developers saw fit to cater to this ENTITLEMENT (and yea I choose the word specifically) mentality.
    No one asked for an exclusive worldboss, Blizzard want to implement a challenging encounter that cannot be zerged down and this is a pretty smooth way of implementing it. Heck if you have an other suggestion on how to do it go ahead and post it on the suggestion forums....

Also why do YOU thinking you are entitled to see this boss?

Eh, I don't care? Knowing my RNG luck and the fact that I don't spend every last minute of my (preciously little) free time in-game, probabaly means I won't get the cloak. That being said, I don't give a rat's arse. I can actually get behind having *some* exclusive content for those who do put in a lot of time (but no effort since getting the lagendary requires barely any effort anyway).

But what I can't get behind is the fact that they've decided to make it somewhat exclusive by putting it behind a barrier made out of pure, stainless RNG instead of skill/knowledge/etc. Just because you've made it through the brainless legendary farm quest, doesn't mean anything regarding your skill or even knowledge of the game. Hell, when facing a difficult boss, i'd much rather take the slightly less geared player who knows what the hell he's doing instead of the guy with the legendary cloak.

Just my 2c.

Does it drops a mount? No? Then I will ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid idea.... Read it again. EVERYONE has to have the cloak. Now imagine trying to get a group together in Trade or General....

FYI for all of the people bitching art Glorious Leader... It's not that the cloak is HARD, it's that it's annoying unless you're raiding and progressing a lot. I have 3. Secrets, not Runestones. My guild raid pretty much blew up so I'd have to grind LFR for 17 Secrets and 20 Runestones. Screw that.

Honestly, they blew the Wrathion chain. I was kind of psyched for a multipatch long chain, but it's mostly been more of the stuff I did seven years ago when I started WoW. Then: "Go kill murlocs and collect their Undamaged Fins. Oh, and they don't drop all of the time." Now: "Go kill raid bosses and collect Secrets/Runestones. Oh, and they don't drop all of the time."

There's little story, just a year long collection quest. Been there, done that.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-06-29 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LEGENDARY_54_CLOAK_VALIDATION - You must be in possession of a Celestial Cloak of Virtue to use this item.
    That's why ;-)

I hope he also drops cool vanity items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this will suck for alts for sure.

I just hope they will add some *quest* item to this boss that you can handle for a reward for killing him (wtb mount).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

well not sure how this i going to help the OoOdesta problem, since a huge chunk of people will get the cloak in the same week/weeks and there will be server crushing again.

maybe he has a "kill all casuals" beam, that detects anyone not in the raidgroup.
    Last edited by owbu; 2013-06-29 at 05:00 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

In other words, you want a game where people just get more lazy for every new patch and the average skill level will hit an all-time low.

In all seriousness, this is how MMORPGs work - you progressively work your way to get access to certain parts of the game which you didn't have access to right from the start. You only need to do LFR once a week to get the cape, if you don't have the time nor the effort then you shouldn't be playing an MMO. An MMO is about time commitment and willingness - The game shouldn't cater to people who are not willing to do these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    Eh, I don't care? Knowing my RNG luck and the fact that I don't spend every last minute of my (preciously little) free time in-game, probabaly means I won't get the cloak. That being said, I don't give a rat's arse. I can actually get behind having *some* exclusive content for those who do put in a lot of time (but no effort since getting the lagendary requires barely any effort anyway).

But what I can't get behind is the fact that they've decided to make it somewhat exclusive by putting it behind a barrier made out of pure, stainless RNG instead of skill/knowledge/etc. Just because you've made it through the brainless legendary farm quest, doesn't mean anything regarding your skill or even knowledge of the game. Hell, when facing a difficult boss, i'd much rather take the slightly less geared player who knows what the hell he's doing instead of the guy with the legendary cloak.

Just my 2c.
    There is almost no RNG anymore here. None. Everything has a guaranteed drop now. You could get it, run LFR, and ta-da! You get your cloak. It's hardly legendary... just a expansion long quest chain that you get a reward at the end of.

Sound more like you didn't want to do it at the beginning, and are now mad.

Deleted
    It's probably been said already but this is a dumbass limitation to force on something that will have alts as a massive if not even the primary, past the first few weeks, demographic.

A gating mechanism is locking people out. It's not a hard lock coded into the software but it is virtually the same in effect and for basically no reason as far as I can tell.
    It's to further reward people who put the effort in to make the cloak.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

I haven't bothered doing the legendary questline since having a level 600 cloak really isn't all that important to me. Blizzard is now making that content mandatory now just to see other content? To me that doesn't fit with their own reasoning for things like LFR. I'm not complaining here, just pointing out what seems to be an inconsistency.

I always thought legendary stuff is truely optional, but what if this new boss drops a BoP pet or mount? I won't be able to get said item any way but doing what is supposed to be optional content. That doesn't seem right. It isn't laziness. I could have easily done the legendary quest but I do not think getting any legendary item should be required to get something else.

It's not even remotely close to "nearly everything". You can enter a pet battle as soon as you train the skill. Obviously this is far different from obtain the 600 ilvl legendary cloak from a multi spanning quest line. If the requirement to do this boss were that simple and friendly I wouldn't say a word but clearly then everyone would do it and that's a fucking problem apparently.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 04:44 PM ----------

I'm only 2/12 on Runestones and I'm not complaining about this world boss. It guarantees this boss won't be wipefests like pre-nerf Oondasta was.

It's utterly fucking stupid and ass backwards. Seriously it's terrible design to lock other players out so SOME people can feel fucking special. I hope they lose a whole bunch of subs over this. Or better yet I hope theirs enough backlash they reverse this.
    You need gear to get into LFR, this isn't any different.

It's one world boss. Don't act like it's a whole fucking raid because they've done that in the past, y'know.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

If you don't have a legendary cloak come 5.4 (or are ready to get it, rather) you're so far behind anyway that you don't deserve the gear. Now, I do agree that it's a really stupid limitation for alts, but for main characters it's a great design. It allows Blizzard to have some creative direction with the difficulty of the boss. As we've seen with Oondasta, and under the new "faction-tag" model, it's nearly impossible for Blizzard to make a difficult world boss, not one that we can just run up to with ten groups and corpse-run until it's dead.

This is ridiculous. As someone who took a break this expansion I am continuously behind on the legendary despite it being "sped up". Knowing my luck with drops so far I may not even see this till near 5.5.

This has nothing to do with my ability as a player, or what content I raid. I could be a 13/13 HC raider right now but I can't do a boss because I didn't subscribe the whole expansion?

Before anyone says loyalty reward, I previously kept a subscription since vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."