Poll: Which if you prefer?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Uld hands down in every way possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar by far. I hate the ToT Style...

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish heroic bosses had a hardmode mechanic. That alone was one of the best features about fighting the bosses in Ulduar.

plus the whole steampunk, titan/greek gods, and/or wow titans theme made it visually purdee.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Music: Ulduar > ToT

Deleted
    ToT was great, but Ulduar has Mimiron....So my choice is Ulduar

Mechagnomes <3

Deleted
    Ulduar. I preferred the way of switching to hard mode by actively doing something, even if it was as simple as pushing a big "do not press this button!" button. It was also not linear (unlike every tier in MoP so far...) so the raid had better choice of which boss to go next. Perfect for those times you hit a brick wall boss that feels impossible, so you try your luck on another while you catch up in gear. Plus it's a lot more fun to be able to choose over following a long hallway...

Other than that ToT is a lot of fun and in terms of mechanics perhaps even better than Ulduar. I don't know, it's difficult to decide in terms of mechanics, I really enjoy both.

Ulduar by far.

ToT was the right direction, after the failraids we had for the last few years, but it was BLAND.

Deleted
    i would pick Ulduar, but thats case it was the first raid i did with the guild im now part off (ooh so few of that starting group are still there, but many good friends made along the way where we are now).
    so its mainly a nostalgia thing for me. considering we hardly got into the harder modes back then till ToC came live and we're almost done in ToT HC. which i find most heroic fights highly enjoyable. although mimirom HC is still the best heroic fight i ever did.

ulduar by far still the best raid!

Deleted
    Even though I really like Throne of Thunder, I vote Ulduar.

Music from Ulduar still gives me chills to this day. That Antechamber chorus makes me moist.

Never did Ulduar while it was current, but it can't be worse then ToT.

Ulduar by far, although Throne is a solid 2nd raid now. For me personally, Throne was too much thunder/mosh pit. also the trash paths seemed very straight and the architecture was although nice, too far to actually get a close look.

things like the Wind streams shouldn't be combined with hard trash mobs since that way you focus on the mob rather than the stream effect which is much cooler than a couple banshees...

from what I have seen from SOO tho its forming to be a def great raid in the range of ulduar, just different setting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Ulduar by far, it wasn't nearly as linear that and you had some different mechanics which today have been lost to menu options such as pressing a big red button for hard mode.
    Do I have to remind you of Mimiron Hard mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar by far.

They failed to deliver in a large way with this dungeon, and a lot of it is the limitations of LFR segmenting.

Ulduar was very open with multiple paths, and optional boss progression. You could skip Ignis / Razorscale, or you could kill just one. You could pick any of the four wings to complete once you had passed Kologarn and the cat lady. You also had the iron council off to the side, but again, not mandatory. Optional.

In ToT, instead of having the feeling of a big, epic dungeon to explore, you get put on rails and taken through THESE TWELVE BOSSES in the EXACT order we prescribe with NO flexibility. It no longer feels like I'm poking around in a dangerous dungeon, it feels like all the right doors are closed / open such that I can only take one path, and it feels... unnatural. It removes the sense of wonder and exploration.

More than just that, another question they failed to ask is "what fantasy are we fulfilling with this dungeon?"

In Ulduar, you raid a fantastic, ancient titan city falling to ruins. Everything is MASSIVE because its designed for Throim/Freya/Hodir sized beings, and not puny mortals. Even then they manage to switch up the atmosphere from place to place, growing noticeably in diversity the further you go in. Ignoring the blazing furnace of ingis, the scrap heap lined courtyard for XT, the destroyed roost of Razorscale, you go in deeper and you find a hallway frozen over by ice. A large, magical greenhouse brimming with herbs, unnaturally pristine in the northern wastes of the Storm Peaks. The tram to, and the area for Mimiron is breathtakingly large, filled with more technical looking set pieces and giving a "behind the walls" feel for the titans constructs.

And then the Descent into Madness, with its broken stained glass and ruined walkways, it appears to show just how corrupt the place has fallen to Yogg-Saron.

Compared to Ulduar, ToT pales.

A lot of the blame lies in the LFR gating / lead alongs. It's really hard to have optional bosses and open exploration/pathfinding when you have to also segment a raid up into queues for LFR folks.

I love LFR actually, but I really dont want to see ulduar-esque sprawling dungeons go away because of it

lol not even close to being on the same level, Ulduar wins by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar by several parsecs..

ToT is IMO a crap raid, on all counts..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I get what the dev team was trying to say. I can't disagree that ToT was pretty large either. I certainly see the connection.

On the other hand, Ulduar was a raid where a person would look at a tiny detail at a random wall and think, "whoa. That's cool." ToT didn't have that. ToT is more like an improved version of ICC. ToT was OK, better than others. But it wasn't memorable.

1. Ulduar
    2. Ulduar
    3. Ulduar
    4. Ulduar
    5. ToT
    6. Naxx 2.0 (yes yes I am mad but i liked that place)
    7. Kara (was my entry into raiding)
    8. BT
    9. Ulduar (yes again Ulduar)
    10. the rest
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT