Thread: Just started..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    that go-go-go trend (well not really a trend as it has been around for several years) is a plague to mmorpgs in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    that go-go-go trend (well not really a trend as it has been around for several years) is a plague to mmorpgs in general.
    I dunno, I like it. Back in the old vanilla WoW days I was one of the "pulling" Hunters that was designated to have the next group of mobs pulled to us by the time the previous group was being finished off. My job was to make sure we got to the bosses ASAP to cut down on the time it took for trash to respawn. That mentality has translated over to when I tank now too. I WILL be setting up the next pull as soon as the current enemies are getting low (healer resources withstanding). If the group moves at a brisk pace, then I am happy.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I dunno, I like it. Back in the old vanilla WoW days I was one of the "pulling" Hunters that was designated to have the next group of mobs pulled to us by the time the previous group was being finished off. My job was to make sure we got to the bosses ASAP to cut down on the time it took for trash to respawn. That mentality has translated over to when I tank now too. I WILL be setting up the next pull as soon as the current enemies are getting low (healer resources withstanding). If the group moves at a brisk pace, then I am happy.
    As someone who isn't there for the experience as much as the loot and the currency, I agree. For a new player and someone who takes enjoyment out of that stuff, it's a miserable experience.

Even for me, coming back to the game, pulls were going a little fast in the FP I ran last night. If I didn't have 9+ years of high level experience I would have been utterly lost and probably kicked from the group.
    BAD WOLF