Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc7855ffaa54; 2018-09-12 at 10:04 PM.

I usually use Recount, but it is true that Skada uses less memory and CPU.

One thing everyone should really note is that it is necessary to enable the "aggressive fight detection" in Skada when comparing it to Recount or WoL. Otherwise Skada seems to always miss the very first hit (that starts combat) and all DoT ticks after combat has ended.

But even with this setting enabled Skada seems to miss a few hits/ticks here and there. Therefore I'm staying with Recount.
    Last edited by cremor; 2013-07-13 at 12:59 PM.

i switched to skada a few years ago and still happy with it.

Would be a good idea to add a poll, see what other gamers use most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Yet you give no example. I can't think why would I care about "how healers are doing" apart their manabar regarding the state of the fight, and I don't need skada for that.
    I use 3 open windows. I know roughly where everyones DPS should be, should someone be lacking behind I can see if perhaps they've disconnected or maybe a quick "check flask/buffs" or "are you lagging?" or "do we need to cover your assignment if you're lagging? Healing works the same, every raid leader has a distinct feel for exactly how much healing should be going out and at what point by different stages of a fight. As for healers, I'm sure they do the same and can actively check on their own spells/output for over-healing, what is being done by what spell. Its detailed on the spot self performance analysis.

Thirdly, I use as a utility window with different wipe/combat activations enabled for Deaths and for "Enemy Damage Taken" on specific targets which have a higher requirement than just the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always used Skada just due to the fact that recount takes up a massive amount of space. Both addons retrieve information differently than the other as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Recount does not track blood shields for blood dks, and as one and the main tank/raid lead for my guild it's missing a fairly important piece of information. I also prefer skada's real dps versus recounts active time dps, though I see why more dps like recount for that and their epeen :P

I run both, and world of logs cause im a raid lead but if you want something accurate do world of logs. If you don't want to use world of logs I'd recommend skada since it at least tracks everything instead of leaving the primary class mechanic for one spec out of parsing.

I've not noticed a significant variance in accuracy when comparing either to WOL, just have to make sure I'm looking at absolute DPS and not "effective" DPS. I ultimately chose Skada because Recount has a nasty habit of hauling off and choking my 5Ghz OC i5 rig for no good reason, especially in old content. I would say this is because it's full of errors, but I get the "addons are spamming the error buffer" warning when using Skada in, e.g. Icecrown Citadel too -- it's just that I don't also drop to single digit FPS in combat like what tends to happen with Recount.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

honestly, neither.

Those meters just make everyone scumbags. You'll honestly play better without them. Using meters promotes gameplay like seeing how high you get by staying on horridon 100% of the time in lfr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    "more accurate" means at whatever time they tested both, the one they consistently had higher numbers on lol
    haha so true !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    honestly, neither.

Those meters just make everyone scumbags. You'll honestly play better without them. Using meters promotes gameplay like seeing how high you get by staying on horridon 100% of the time in lfr.
    yeh the tards don't realize what would happen if everyone did the same.

Deleted
    nn skada !!

JUST recount!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    yeh the tards don't realize what would happen if everyone did the same.
    In random groups meters should be a personal measure, and not spammed into chat to name and shame.
    In LFR nobody is dictating the minimum experience or skill of the other players, and so nobody really has the right to tell people what is the right amount of dps or not.
    If you see specific people struggling, then try talking to them properly, see if you can offer them advice, or answer questions.

The "tards" are the ones that yell at anyone else not up to some "standard".

Deleted
    Haven't found an option in Recount to easily start a new segment. Also, it can't display more than one window. That plus the huge difference in memory use is what pushed me to Skada, and I am very happy with it.

Deleted
    I want to see my dps in game as it would be ranked on WoL, that is DPS (e). This is what Skada uses and not what Recount uses and I thus of course use Skada. Skada will always have lower dps than Recount though which is why some people like Recount more I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    According to Curse, more people use Recount.
    Most ppl used VHS, while Betamax was a lot better. Most ppl started using Windows, while Apple's OS was a lot better. So I guess Skada is better since most ppl use recount

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    In random groups meters should be a personal measure, and not spammed into chat to name and shame.
    In LFR nobody is dictating the minimum experience or skill of the other players, and so nobody really has the right to tell people what is the right amount of dps or not.
    If you see specific people struggling, then try talking to them properly, see if you can offer them advice, or answer questions.

The "tards" are the ones that yell at anyone else not up to some "standard".
    That standard usually being their own level of playing. Some people just seem to think it's ok to be the worst player as long as it's them.

Quote Originally Posted by MPA View Post
    That standard usually being their own level of playing. Some people just seem to think it's ok to be the worst player as long as it's them.
    There is no official or recognised number though, only figures that someone else dictates.
    If you think someone should be doing better, than naming and shaming is only going to cause friction.
    Talk to people, ask if they need help rather than being rude and outright demanding some standard that you have no right to dictate in a completely random group.
    Only if a group is pugged with specific standards can someone say what is or is not good enough.
    Someone will always be at the bottom, and given the huge difference in gear, in experience and simply good or back luck simply makes a meaningful and accurate gauge of good or bad performance impossible.

There is a right way to encourage improvement, and there is a wrong way.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-14 at 08:18 PM.

Skada is more customizable.

WoL Live Report > Skada or Recount.

Deleted
    Skids is better to track more then one thing

Recount gives me the same results as Logs do, people who link inflated absorbs on skada make my blood boil XD