Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I need to find the quote from vykina saying "If a movement heavy arcane is better than fire in siege, you won't bring a mage". I kind of enjoy having him eat his own words and say he may go arcane. It annoys me the opposition I was met with, when I said arcane will be good next tier/fine in movement.

He probably said that before they, you know, made RoP the size of blizzard.

it was def b4 the rop change, and keep in mind with 4pce the pyros leading up to combustion will be smoother/less rng with 2 auto crits

Quote Originally Posted by Drooul View Post
    it was def b4 the rop change, and keep in mind with 4pce the pyros leading up to combustion will be smoother/less rng with 2 auto crits
    It's a shame that both our 2P/4P got a bit nerfed because of the Combustion change. Both were meant to super-buff it, and now, it's superbuffing a shitty spell :\
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep calm. I don't think that this is the end of balancing.

Hopefully they fix PTR so that the Combchange is as it should be now.

The most important thing is, go in PTR do as much testing as u can so that they get numbers & results!

Combustion on the PTR is broken atm. Tooltip is current but combustion ticks for 100% of your ignite.

Quote Originally Posted by Species View Post
    Combustion on the PTR is broken atm. Tooltip is current but combustion ticks for 100% of your ignite.

Following is a recent tweet from GC.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...77754485829632
    @Cameron9551 No. Fire's damage was just unacceptably high in our 5.4 testing.

I hope he is aware that ignite is bugged on PTR and isn't like,
    "omg Fire is too OP on PTR" while not noticing combustion ticking for 100% of our ignite, which is twice the amount than Live 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    I hope he is aware that ignite is bugged on PTR and isn't like,
    "omg Fire is too OP on PTR" while not noticing combustion ticking for 100% of our ignite, which is twice the amount than Live 5.3.
    If anyone is that retarded and working for a multi-billion dollar company...

No, there's a .00000000000000000001% chance of that kind of shit happening. Don't fret, haha.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If anyone is that retarded and working for a multi-billion dollar company...

No, there's a .00000000000000000001% chance of that kind of shit happening. Don't fret, haha.
    On the other hand, everything is possible in the game where http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1h4lENF-N8 happens sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by IsrafaelMage View Post
    On the other hand, everything is possible in the game where http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1h4lENF-N8 happens sometimes
    OH SHIT, I forgot about that XD

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I need to find the quote from vykina saying "If a movement heavy arcane is better than fire in siege, you won't bring a mage". I kind of enjoy having him eat his own words and say he may go arcane. It annoys me the opposition I was met with, when I said arcane will be good next tier/fine in movement.
    Please tell me you're not serious. This was when amp trinket hadn't been nerfed to 6-7% normal and before the Combustion gutting. Also before your RoP change. Basically fire is taking a killing in the last couple weeks and he is in Method. He will either play an alt as his main or he will roll whatever does the most damage for progression fights. Period. It has nothing to do with anything else but a progression focused mind set.

It's not that he loves or even wants to play arcane. Unless the combust nerf is changed or throughput is added to other fire spells, Arcane is likely to be the progression spec. It's not that arcane will be good in SoO(and I'm sure it will do fine) it's that Fire atm will be such garbage unless things are changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaelan View Post
    Please tell me you're not serious. This was when amp trinket hadn't been nerfed to 6-7% normal and before the Combustion gutting. Also before your RoP change. Basically fire is taking a killing in the last couple weeks and he is in Method. He will either play an alt as his main or he will roll whatever does the most damage for progression fights. Period. It has nothing to do with anything else but a progression focused mind set.

It's not that he loves or even wants to play arcane. Unless the combust nerf is changed or throughput is added to other fire spells, Arcane is likely to be the progression spec. It's not that arcane will be good in SoO(and I'm sure it will do fine) it's that Fire atm will be such garbage unless things are changed.

I pretty much had figured they were going to do something about rop, or something for arcane. And it was with the idea that fire was getting nerfed. I've said from the start it probably would...And it did lol. I had a feeling this would happen.

That's what happens when you play a spec that scales exponentially out of control. It gets nerfed, it's happened for the past 2 expansions. I hope this nerf doesn't come to a surprise to -anyone-. If you saw the dmg fire was doing on the ptr you'd want it nerfed too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zaanny View Post
    Nothing like a massive spec nerf that u cant even PTR and on top of it 2 weeks before patch. Now I have to try to gear arcane in 2 weeks from 549 ilvl BiS fire....

The kicker is I cant even PTR it before raid tonight which we one shot heroic to lei.. So basically I have a week.... WTF

Or you take the nerf, and then just gear up as fire.

Well I guess it just depends on how you push progression. If he is in a guild that will be doing heroics asap, he might not have the chance to gear fire and wait for the ilvl scaling to boost his numbers back up. There are a lot of mages talking about switching to Arcane until progression is over because of the fire nerf. I guess we'll have to see how potent arcane is vs fire for progression. I'm not in a super progression guild so I could probably stay fire. But I guess it depends on what type of raiding you are doing.

Even with the nerfs, I doubt many fire mages will be able to switch to arcane in a effective manner. Our nerfed fire dps with fire gear from TOT will still be better than switching to arcane in 2 weeks. You won't have the arcane optimized gear in time.

I spent my day checking how fire was doing compared to arcane in heroic 10 man TOT, while removing FULLY the damage from combustion. And the results were not bad at all. Fire still came out very strong. I've seen more logs where fire was higher than arcane even without combustion than the opposite.

We all know there is a lot more movement in progression and that fights are longer.... But chaining pyros + scorch will still put us on top of meters even at the start of SOO, with or without combustion.

It's gonna really, really suck if we have to all the sudden gear for arcane. Our warlock has consistently been passing me crit loot all tier. I'd feel like a total dick if all the sudden I had to start stepping on his toes. But in the end, do what I gotta do. Play the best spec for the almighty progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    It's gonna really, really suck if we have to all the sudden gear for arcane. Our warlock has consistently been passing me crit loot all tier. I'd feel like a total dick if all the sudden I had to start stepping on his toes. But in the end, do what I gotta do. Play the best spec for the almighty progression.
    Current arcane BiS is so similar to current Fire BiS that it really doesn't matter, trinket, belt, helm, and weapon...the rest is the same

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Current arcane BiS is so similar to current Fire BiS that it really doesn't matter, trinket, belt, helm, and weapon...the rest is the same
    I suppose then if I picked up some H. tier shoulders it would let me swing around a couple other pieces and get there without too much pain. BoTH would be nice too. And a lot of re-gemming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Honestly if fire wasn't nerfed, arcane and frost would be non-existent and completely un-viable..Atleast fire will still be somewhat viable, and much more viable with siege gear.

Honestly if fire wasn't nerfed, arcane and frost would be non-existent and completely un-viable..Atleast fire will still be somewhat viable, and much more viable with siege gear.
    Never said fire didn't need to be nerfed, said the opposite in fact. I will just be mildly annoyed if the nerf is overboard and pushes me towards and spec I purposely didn't try and gear for. I really don't care all that much about what they do to any of the specs. Sure, I would prefer certain styles of play or certain paths to balancing. But at the end of the day my job is to bring the best DPS my class can to the raid. As long as I have the tools to do that, the rest are just side-concerns. I derive the majority of my enjoyment from leading my team, putting together our strats, and overcoming the challenges of an encounter. Frost, Fire, Arcane. It's all the same - they bring the DPS. One will be superior, and it'll be my spec of choice.

Are you kidding? Arcane is doing massive damage both on live and ptr, on the 25man tests today I was outdeepsing fire mages even with the bugged 100% ignite combustions