Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    What do you think?
    I see where you're coming from, but I'm glad you don't run Blizzard. I think everything you have outlined is an awful solution. Just my opinion.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. And I don't need to explain myself to anyone. That would be the tipping point for me. When they abandon the subscription model for quick cashins like this.

It's been a good run but...I see where this slide leads, and it's never into a tub full of icecream, it is ALWAYS into a muddy puddle of imbalance, consumer misuse and collapse of developers will to live.

I would be MUCH more favorable to the idea if WoW was 'ending' and this was a way to ease it into a free to play model so Blizzard could focus all resources into their next big MMO, but for now... if this goes out... I'm out.

Mounts and Pets, Fine. I'll defend that, has no impact on anything important, but when you begin fucking with the player experience even if it IS just 'exp boost +X' or what have you. You create tiers of players, you start to divide them, slowly but surely. Over time... social barriers develop... I've seen it happen to nearly every MMO with a cash shop. It is a bad thing. A very bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    I hate, how content is provided in Wow now - it's some kind of "communism": let's say 50% players treats all content as mandatory and start burning out, if Blizzard adds more content, but other 50% start saying that Blizzard are taking their freedom of choice away by restricting access to content for them. So Blizzard have to do only content, which is "good" for all players and stop making other kinds of content, without caring, that different players like different kinds of content. Most recent example: killing of 5ppls and trying to force us to do dailies, scenarios, etc. And what argument Blizzard are using very often? Old as world (really, I hear it since first day in Wow and with their superprofits they could have hired half of world already) argument, that they have not enough resourses and have to choose, what to do in first place. What I'm talking about? I want to say, that there should be some barrier, which will force players to only choose content, they really need. And best barrier is money. I think it's time to implement premium content it this game. I mean, I'm ready to pay extra money for features, I really want, in order to compensate spending of extra resources and other kinds of losses for devs. For example 3rd spec. Dev saying, that they're not sure all players need it. I.e. if they'll implement it, it will became mandatory for all players and it may impact game negatively somehow. Yeah, players will stard wanting all specs to be viable and balanced - not 1-2 and it's extra responsibility for devs. But they're sooooo lazy now. So what? Make it premium! So players, who really need it, would able to buy it and those, who don't need it, would be able to let it go. Same with 5ppls. I'm ready to pay extra money for being able to see 5ppls in every patch. 10$ per character for 3rd spec? 20$? 30$? 100$ for unlim pack? The price doesn't really matter! What do you think?
    ...There are enough MMO's out there for your 'look i've got money and you don't' mentality. Seriously, pick any free to play MMO right now, they've got you covered. But know that every single one stifles the legitimacy of their 'game' format for people like you. It becomes no longer about how good of a player you are, or at least the solid illusion of that feeling, it becomes 'look I'm better socially standing than you, I have the pixels to prove it!'.
    The beauty of this game that it brings a very broad spectrum of people together, from minor government officials to the 'just getting by' working lower middle class type. My guild actually has both of these people if you would believe it, and they get along famously over killing a boss in a raid. If you don't find something truly astonishing and quite beautiful about that then... the social part of WoW has been lost to you for far too long.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2013-07-05 at 05:28 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Over time... social barriers develop... I've seen it happen to nearly every MMO with a cash shop. It is a bad thing. A very bad thing.
    You do realize there are already social barriers in WoW. Like...huge social barriers that are inherent in the genre right? If social barriers is your platform, you don't have much to stand on.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Didn't answer the Poll as there isn't a "No, I won't buy anything but not bothered". I don't think its needed and as long as its minor stuff that doesn't effect the main game, such as XP boost items then it doesn't matter.

INB4 "Ingame shop will feature new race models for $10".

10+ Year Old Account
    This poll is shit.. Didn't answer because OP doesn't care about any answer but the ones he believes to be true.

For now, there isn't any game changing items. Nor do we even know if we get the 100% xp buff item - It's a test. And if they added it, yes, I would keep playing. They don't really change much for me. It'll be the limit if they start selling sacks of gold or armor, then I would consider.

But for now, I'll make my own answer.

Answer 5: No, I will keep playing and not care about the store items unless I feel like it. And if I become grumpy as many, I'll proceed to make a whine thread about it.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-07-05 at 05:33 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Such a bias in that poll question. A better poll would be.

Would you quit if Blizzard added more real money options to the game.

- Yes.
    - No.
    - I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Seriously has anyone stopped and considered for 1 god damn moment how absolutely stupid it would be for blizzard to put actual endgame gear in a in game store for cash. Think about it for one second. The entire endgame is a gear treadmill, why on earth would you buy the endgame gear so you don't have to raid the endgame in LFR/Flex/ or otherwise. it makes NO SENSE!!! This isn't Diablo 3. If you just buy all the gear you have 0 reason to play and you will more then likely just un-sub.

I know this

You know this

Blizzard knows this

So why on earth does anybody think they would actually put items that give you an actual edge in an in game store. Seriously are you people all crazy!
    What you say is sound but you know people would buy that gear. You can see that in all the F2P games that sell supertanks/ships/gear.
    There are people out there paying others to play the game for them, buying gear not to do the content would be the least of their problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would quit. Simply because IF it hit the Na servers it would just be a step towards PTW.

Went onto the Blizz forums to see people's opinions and it was rife with slippery slope analogies and whining

exp buff - fine
    cosmetics - fine (they've been selling mounts for so long anyway)
    includes mounts, transmog sets (these mog sets should not give stats)
    gear that would allow you to skip content (ie dungeons, scenarios, heroic scenarios, heroic dungeons, lfr, normal raids, heroic raids) are not OK.

leveling in 2013 is non essential to the game, albeit it would be nice not to allow people to use the buff on 85-90 content as I feel that removes the aspect of the game that allows interaction in the current region.

to be honest though if Blizz wants to do this they should just start charging $50 for a class change and be done with it

dat biased poll, where's the "no, i dont care what others spend their money on" option?
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...There are enough MMO's out there for your 'look i've got money and you don't' mentality. Seriously, pick any free to play MMO right now, they've got you covered. But know that every single one stifles the legitimacy of their 'game' format for people like you. It becomes no longer about how good of a player you are, or at least the solid illusion of that feeling, it becomes 'look I'm better socially standing than you, I have the pixels to prove it!'.
    The beauty of this game that it brings a very broad spectrum of people together, from minor government officials to the 'just getting by' working lower middle class type. My guild actually has both of these people if you would believe it, and they get along famously over killing a boss in a raid. If you don't find something truly astonishing and quite beautiful about that then... the social part of WoW has been lost to you for far too long.
    I'm playing F2P game now and I really happy with it. Playing for several months and already donated 60$ to it. And don't confuse F2P and P2Win: there is nothing there, what affects your ingame power somehow. The main concept of F2P games: grind is free - you only paying for pleasure. So you can buy only time saving boosts and visual things there. I'm adult and really able to manage my own money by myself. And I'm really sad, that I can't play the game, how I like it to do, just because some "kindergartened" players are saying, that it will affect their virtual achievents and EPEEN rating somehow.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-07-05 at 06:02 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

As long as it doesn't affect endgame at all it's fine.

Deleted
    no, i wont quit because i don't care at all, i honestly hope blizz will copy rift's shop way where you can buy the skin of every single set ingame without stats so i can start to dream about a corrupted ashbringer skin

OMG Blizzard could put This -> X in the blizzard store! And OMG what if they put -> Y in the store!? It would be a tragedy! If they could put -> Y in the store then whats stopping them from putting -> Z in the store?! The sky is falling and chickens are mating with cows! I better get me a cow and a chicken fast and start putting videos up on the net people can pay for!

Seriously, you guys are letting your brains pop with fantasy delusions when there has been no actual facts presented except that something was data mined in a PTR (which means nothing ultimately) and even Blizzard has said they don't know what may go in there if anything actually does and it most likely won't be for NA or Euro zones.

But god damn what ever gets your panties in a bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You do realize there are already social barriers in WoW. Like...huge social barriers that are inherent in the genre right? If social barriers is your platform, you don't have much to stand on.
    There are reasons that people who play free to play MMO's for a little while quite frequently flock back to WoW, the social barriers are no where NEAR as deeply gashed and obviously drawn as they are in games with Cash shops.

So yes while that isn't my cornerstone argument it is still a valid one. I've played alot of different MMO's, hell I make it a point to be as varied as I can, and this is the one that creates disputes like none other in those that mishandle the notion of a cash shop.

I never said there weren't 'social barrier constructs of an ilk' already in WoW, but they are far lower a fence than elsewhere. In WoW subscription (same for all) + time + effort = reward. Taking time and translating it into money, is a delicate operation that has been frequently taken too far, to the point where the effort part of the equation has just been utterly stomped all over. And that's when the tiers become even more distanced and those unable to pay higher prices feel their time is pretty much wasted, when you expect players to either sink more time in or more money, those who opt for time, quite frequently feel conned. And when you begin putting off what I assume you believe are bottom feeders, only the 'elite rich are left'. Nice I'm sure if you are such a person, but attention is not a finite resource and if you cannot keep the cycle of players flowing in, you break your game. You have created a perpetuation of lost interest to all but those with excessive money and nostalgia fueling them and that is not a finite resource either.

I have seen this collapse happen far too often, and like I said I'd be more amiable to the notion if WoW was looking to draw to a close. But it isn't.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've fixed that hideously biased poll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've fixed that hideously biased poll
    Much much much better. Was too biased to even be answered.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Ill be pretty pissed if they add a 100% xp buff to other regions and not US. Why the hell should Asia be allowed to pay for faster leveling when we are stuck with the boring 85-90 leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably quit. They already get money per month. Why the hell should they make something like that?