Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    I will quit this game if the cash shop goes live and gives unfair advantages in both pve and pvp. All those drones on the forums defending the shop make me sick.
    Yes, we're "Drones" for defending something that 1, may or may not even be a cash shop, and 2, will probably only contain vanity items or simple things like and exp boost(and not a 'buy legendary gearz' store)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherHansen View Post
    Ill be pretty pissed if they add a 100% xp buff to other regions and not US. Why the hell should Asia be allowed to pay for faster leveling when we are stuck with the boring 85-90 leveling.
    They already reduced 85-90 by 33%, it's more than enough. And the asian one is for netcafé's only, not if they play at home. And I think it was mentioned not being permanent. But of course, if added one place, people should have a chance other places too (to a limit)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I'd probably quit. They already get money per month. Why the hell should they make something like that?
    Actually, one of the major points here, if this does end up being a cash store, they may end up dropping the monthly fee... This is the kind of thing that leads to that, which would be good for all of us(as long as the 'potential', and that's all it is, cash store isn't filled with 'free lootz1!?!')

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt View Post
    Actually, one of the major points here, if this does end up being a cash store, they may end up dropping the monthly fee... This is the kind of thing that leads to that, which would be good for all of us(as long as the 'potential', and that's all it is, cash store isn't filled with 'free lootz1!?!')
    F2P has mostly ment the death of many games in the long run. Rather wish to pay a subscription really, don't want the game to be "pay for progress", like SWTOR has at the moment.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They already reduced 85-90 by 33%, it's more than enough. And the asian one is for netcafé's only, not if they play at home. And I think it was mentioned not being permanent. But of course, if added one place, people should have a chance other places too (to a limit)
    Yeah they get the 33% nerf too AND this 100% buff if they pay for it I'd love to pay whatever it is to level my last few characters faster why should only asians get that? Also Idk where you heard this netcafe business since the buff was only datamined but okay...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    There are reasons that people who play free to play MMO's for a little while quite frequently flock back to WoW, the social barriers are no where NEAR as deeply gashed and obviously drawn as they are in games with Cash shops
    You are inferring that these two notions are related, but give no evidence for it. I also play many MMOs...far too many. There's not a single time that I have reactivated my subscription to WoW where I can point to a lesser social divide as the reason for doing so.

The majority of people who return to WoW have many reasons, none of which can be logically guesstimated to be attributed by your suggestion. More likely that their history with the game: accomplishments, friends, etc have built an enormous foundation to continue building on. Also, what you get for your money has been pretty consistent over the last near decade, regardless of how many people want to complain about it in a given xpac.
    I never said there weren't 'social barrier constructs of an ilk' already in WoW, but they are far lower a fence than elsewhere.
    Not at all. Other games mostly only create divides in the haves and have nots. You either spend money to buy the special goodies, or you don't.
    In WoW subscription (same for all) + time + effort = reward.
    Except this isn't indicative of the reality of the game at all. There are many factors that contribute into what you can take away from the game, creating far greater social divides than most F2P games. Just putting in more time doesn't magically translate into heroic epics, or Warlock green fire, or anything.

That's the one thing you have backwards. Money is a balanced equalizer. You either have it or you don't. It doesn't cost someone more money to get x item on a cash shop. Whereas some things in game arguably cost people more time, effort, and other negative effects of going for greatness.
    I have seen this collapse happen far too often, and like I said I'd be more amiable to the notion if WoW was looking to draw to a close. But it isn't.
    I get the feeling you play some pretty far out there, over the top P2W games which aren't indicative of the general F2P/B2P market as a whole. Those sort of games just don't exist. NWO was the most recent game released that could even be attributed to P2W, otherwise most games provide fairly easy systems to exist in as a free player.

SWTOR maybe approaches this by locking players out of content without subscribing or continuously paying money for weekly content passes, but these are also sold via the in game AH, so you can earn them with your time.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was a store that allowed us to purchase items using honor/JP/valor/conquest I would be game for it. Using 4000 justice points to get a 1 hour 100% leveling boost or something like that if you have full transmog. That or having an in-game store to distribute BoA gear, for example you buy your BoA gear from the store at the set justice points price and then any toon you ever make can get that transmog on any server. That way if I bought an entire set on my main I could make three alts on different servers and use the store to redeem the BoA gear for each since it was a one time fee.

Basically make an in-game store that doesn't require money, make it use JP/VP/Honor/CP/Elder Coins or something. Have it use gold even, just not actual cash unless the features are extremely similar to the Blizzard store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherHansen View Post
    Yeah they get the 33% nerf too AND this 100% buff if they pay for it I'd love to pay whatever it is to level my last few characters faster why should only asians get that? Also Idk where you heard this netcafe business since the buff was only datamined but okay...
    It is datamined for netcafe's there, was some articles about it. And don't really care.. I don't mind if people wish to be slackers, I already have seen with my own eyes that you can casually get from 85 to 90 in a weekend, being very casual. Really, we don't need these "boosts" on the market. Wouldn't mind if the store added something you could keep - Like transmog gear or something.

..Everyone should be able to forsee that if XP boosts gets put on the store, then you can guess that you'll need a creditcard and that it'll expire after a set amount of time

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I will quit WoW if I see another of these silly "wuld u quit wow if...." threads...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    F2P has mostly ment the death of many games in the long run. Rather wish to pay a subscription really, don't want the game to be "pay for progress", like SWTOR has at the moment.
    The cold hard fact is....it can't go on forever. And F2P isn't 'synonymous' with failure, it's what gets added to compensate. That's why I said as long as they don't fill it with 'gear' and pay for progress type crap, it can do swimmingly well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt View Post
    The cold hard fact is....it can't go on forever. And F2P isn't 'synonymous' with failure, it's what gets added to compensate. That's why I said as long as they don't fill it with 'gear' and pay for progress type crap, it can do swimmingly well.
    F2P doesn't need to be the faith for any MMO. And what I have seen, most MMO's the is F2P has something like XP boost, buy gold, buy rank, buy access, buy use, buy buy buy - this in my book is sign of failure.

Keep vanity in the store and a XP boost, I can accept that, keep the fees as they are or lower them by like... 25%.

Make sure the XP boost isn't forever, nor cheap way to progress. It's not needed, so it shouldn't be the prefered thing to have.

**On a side note, my apologies, was remembering wrong. It's not an XP boost, but a buff, "Increases damage done by 10%, healing done by 10%, health by 10%, and income of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune by 100% while playing in an Internet Game Room." http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377138035 (Thread about it)

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post

Unfortunately, I'm not completely comfortable with even that, as the items on the store tend to look better than the in-game items. I mean, look at most of the mounts on the store. Sure, it's only my opinion, but I think the bat (for example), looks better than ANY mount in game. Better than Spectral Tiger, Ashes of A'lar, Raven Lord, Flaming Raven Lord, FL Phoenix, and even newer mounts like those from meta's and raid boss drops. In fact, the only one I think comes even close to it is the RBG Wolf, and that's only because it's semi-rare to see. However, if they absolutely NEEDED to offer gear, transmog only, and that's already pushing the limit.

I am completely fine with the XP buff as it's equally beneficial to everyone, but does NOT affect the end-game, or the content that's priority. It simply makes it take less time for everyone.
    Yeah! It sucks the mounts and pets in the store can't be obtained another way by playing the game. For a subscription game, I think one should be able to get EVERYTHING from playing the game and not have to spend beyond the monthly fee...cosmetic stuff and whether it affects game play or not being NO exception. But unfortunately, people gave in and made it a success and they will keep adding more pets and mounts.
    Last edited by bigmac; 2013-07-05 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    now its a 100%exp buff( pointless to use boa gear). tomorrow may be tier items.
    The leap from 100% XP buff to end game tier gear is pretty large. You already have plenty of XP buffs available in the game for logging out in a city, joining a high level guild, recruiting a friend, or wearing heirlooms. How is that hard to obtain for free? How do you figure tier items are coming next? This is like claiming that my grocery store is about to give away rib eye steaks because they're putting out free samples of cocktail weiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    What kind of stupid poll is this. The OP is obviously biased and the options are about the furthest thing you can get from objective as possible.
    This.

I do not care are there in game stores or not - as long as they do not sell overpowered/overbuffed gear/buffs i do not mind.

They're just trying to shove more people through the leveling process and into end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    They're just trying to shove more people through the leveling process and into end game content.
    Well until they stop with the fucking dailies and repetitive content, shoving more people into end game won't change anything. People will still get bored and quit, even more so when there's more people.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Oh, those schemers!

I don't really think an XP boost is pay to win, but a lot of people do for whatever reason.

If Blizzard does add an XP boost, there will be a lynch mob after them declaring pay to win.

I agree with others who think their going to try this in Asian WoW(China).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I agree with others who think their going to try this in Asian WoW(China).
    Probably...as they seem to be far more end game focused than eastern countries. It would make sense that that plus the fact that they often pay hourly that they would want to negate the time it takes to level characters. We forget that they have lost a lot of subs and they almost always come from the East.

This is potentially their way of restoring some of those. Who knows?
    BAD WOLF

No, why would it bother me that other people want to spend money on things from an online store? Okay I'm sure it'd bother me, but not to such a great extent that I'd quit.