Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    you need to read the rest of the thread/learn to read in general.

i said

IF WE WERE TO GET SOMETHING

IT NEEDS TO BE DIFFERENT.

go back and read dude. and stop being so condescending. its rude.
    Now who's mad?

If I'm being condescending it's because you're being stupid. I see your point; that you don't want more damage necessarily, but some unique utility outside of the norm. In short, you're not bothering to look at the whole package and simply want mages to be the best class in the game, bar none.

Guess what?

They pretty much are. Only warlocks (developer-admitted as too good) are arguably better, and even then you're not seeing mages replaced by them in any meaningful way. If this is still beyond your capacity to grasp, nip back, look at some of the more intelligent commentary in this thread (hint; skip your own), and see why mages are more than fine.

If you can't do that, put me on ignore and forget about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    Present at every first kill:
    Lappe (Balance druid)
    Devai (Hunter)
    Fraggoji (Tank Paladin)
    Jhazrun (Disc Priest)
    Verdisha (Warlock)
    Oixte (Fury Warri)

present 11/13
    Smirk (Holy paladin)
    Deawyn (Mage)
    Sejta (Tank dudu)

rest;
    mage switched for warlock
    tank dudu switched for tank pala
    heal pala switched monk
    ele switched for shadow/diszi

So yeah, 6 classes seemed mandatory or too good to not be switched out, just look at their dark animus setup (arguably the hardest encounter this tier with more tries than lei-shen)
    2x Pala tank
    2x Diszi priest
    2x Affi lock
    Healpala
    Hunter
    Balance druid
    Fury Warrior
    Some quite insane stacking for 10m.
    Nice work.

It's unfortunate Paragon are in pretty much a race with one horse, as it'd be interesting to see what other guilds seem to prioritise.

A Protection paladin and Discipline priest are common among 10-man guilds that are successful, but that's no surprise - both are far too good (to the point where they were doubled up on for Dark Animus). Warlocks are also no shock given their excellent DPS (second only to mages) and top-notch utility. I must admit, the Balance druid, hunter and Fury warrior are a bit of a surprise; none strike me as particularly good classes at the moment, but warriors have great utility and a strong Execute while owls can off-heal. Hunters can... Stop agility mail from being sharded?

Essentially, we could say the changes from 11/13 to 13/13 are replacing a druid with a paladin tank, a Holy paladin with a Discipline priest or monk and a mage with a warlock. The last spot was filled with whatever they needed for that fight and could have been either an Elemental shaman or a Shadow priest.

Also as expected, however, there isn't a rogue or death knight in sight - every other class is (I think) accounted for.

Now obviously, you can't tell everything from one guilds breakdown but there are some parallels. Decent guilds doing 10-man progression are all packing Protection paladins, Discipline priests, warlocks and mages; we can see that with Paragon. But it's interesting that the world's only real 10-man racers, who are ridiculously hardcore and each have a stable of alts, never seem to find a place for a single rogue or death knight.

Are either of them being buffed for 5.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Now who's mad?

They pretty much are. Only warlocks (developer-admitted as too good) are arguably better, and even then you're not seeing mages replaced by them in any meaningful way. If this is still beyond your capacity to grasp, nip back, look at some of the more intelligent commentary in this thread (hint; skip your own), and see why mages are more than fine.

If you can't do that, put me on ignore and forget about me.

Nice work.

It's unfortunate Paragon are in pretty much a race with one horse, as it'd be interesting to see what other guilds seem to prioritise.

A Protection paladin and Discipline priest are common among 10-man guilds that are successful, but that's no surprise - both are far too good (to the point where they were doubled up on for Dark Animus). Warlocks are also no shock given their excellent DPS (second only to mages) and top-notch utility. I must admit, the Balance druid, hunter and Fury warrior are a bit of a surprise; none strike me as particularly good classes at the moment, but warriors have great utility and a strong Execute while owls can off-heal. Hunters can... Stop agility mail from being sharded?

Now obviously, you can't tell everything from one guilds breakdown but there are some parallels. Decent guilds doing 10-man progression are all packing Protection paladins, Discipline priests, warlocks and mages; we can see that with Paragon. But it's interesting that the world's only real 10-man racers, who are ridiculously hardcore and each have a stable of alts, never seem to find a place for a single rogue or death knight.

Are either of them being buffed for 5.4?
    Hunters are great for controlling adds, if that is important (H Tortos, maybe H Animus? I'm not quite there yet)

Boomkins also bring some beast DPS, especially on multi-target fights where they can lay down DoTs and get chain star-surge procs. They also have HoTW:Tranq as a powerful raid CD, especially if it's paired up with a Meta proc (which they get a fuckton of). Boomkins are definitely strong right now, if you get them a Meta gem and some gear. And stampeding roar

I'd agree Prot Paladins and Disc priests are way, way too strong right now in 10 mans. Our disc priest gets no breaks, which we joke about constantly.