Thread: My QoL changes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Here's your bad ideas:

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    1. Slice & Dice should add to it's duration. Now if I have 20 sec left, and cast new one with 2 combo points, it just becomes worth 2 points, does not add. This would be useful change, when adds die and I just have those 2-3 points on them that are now lost. (see next suggestion)
    2. If an enemy dies with my combo points still on him (and I switch to new target) those "lost" points should automatically add to Slice & Dice or Recuperate.
    The first idea is bad because slice and dice management is key to good rogue play. We already have forgiveness in the last two seconds where it will extend and not waste, and IMO that is more than good enough. Under your situation, rogues may try to stack S+D into a fight, so they don't have to spend CPs on it. It's a bad idea. Slice and Dice is good enough, and has a very generous duration.

The second idea I dislike. Combo points on a dead enemy COULD become something, but you should have to spend energy on finishers. Note that you can redirect them or spend them normally after the enemy is dead.

Here's your ugly idea:
    3. Redirect should have no cooldown, or just let us build compo points on ourselves. (like Monks do)
    This is ugly because it's a cause for a lot of drama. The whole "let us build CPs on ourselves" became a rallying cry as early as vanilla, and eventually the devs came out and said that the vision for rogues is that the CPs are on the rogue. This wasn't the end of the story- they have given us tools to minimize the impact- and on live, our single target damage, I believe, justifies the CP restriction. That's controversial- many rogues figure they'll get tuned the same way (and they could be correct) with an easier rotation and without combo points. Certainly it is depressing that this mechanic doesn't get handed out to any other class- everyone who gets a copy of combo points has them on themselves. Only rogues and ferals keep the restriction dating back to vanilla.

There appears to be a glyph in the works that will put redirect at no cooldown. But ultimately, I do think this is a big part of why people are iffy about the class- they walk into it and never see this work great. Even on max level content, trash consistently involves the destruction of combo points by your allies who finish a monster before you can use the CPs- and in most cases, you actually want to perform a big finisher near the end of the life of the trash mob (or add, such as on Horridon) and then switch off while you have no CP to maximize damage done- but sometimes this is incorrect play. Meanwhile, other classes have an execute that they want to hit that guy with, whereas we don't want to invest in it.

It certainly makes leveling all manner of frustrating.

Here's your good ideas:
    4. Our first AoE comes at level 66, and considering the state of low level dungeons (AoE fest) we're gimped. (except boss fights)
    5. Tried transmogging my BoA daggers to Mace - couldn't. Why oh why?!
    6. Glyph of Deadly Momentum - instead of refreshing S&D and Recup to their original duration, could refresh their duration to its 5 CP maximum duration. I can't see how this would brake anything, but leveling for sure would go smoother, since I can never (never ever) put 5 CP on my targets, they just die at 3-4.
    Rogue's abysmal performance in dungeons is really dumb. For a rogue to be useful to a team, you basically need to be 90 and in epics. Other classes don't face that restriction at all. Early access to fan- and in general, just fucking improving fan damage- would both help out a shit lot.
    The transmog drum we need to keep beating. It is clear it is a tech restriction, but mostly it just fucks over rogue, leaving us in a poor position.

Deadly Momentum is already the best leveling glyph, to the point where I wonder if it should be baseline. I will point out that you can (and should) build up to five combo points with expose armor to get your good duration guys going, and then just roll from there. That being said, it really seems unlikely to be that gameable, and seems like a solid plan.

Here's your great ideas:
    7. Minor glyph that lets us use Spring while in ghost form (I believe monks can roll while dead?)
    8. Glyph of Deadly Momentum - could work on kill assists too, not just killing blows.
    Number 7 is STUPENDOUS. We absolutely should have sprinting ghosts. That is what WoW needs.

Number 8 is also very strong. The intent of this glyph is that it really only help when soloing... but why? Why not just make rogues happy when adds are around, instead of sad? Marked for Death is our best leveling talent, but it's available at 90. Why not make rogues be able to spend talents and glyphs to be a goddamned mass murder machine?

Thanks for your ideas. New rogues are rare it seems, so it's good to see fresh views on stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    I've just started leveling my Rogue, this is where I'll post my impressions.

1. Slice & Dice should add to it's duration. Now if I have 20 sec left, and cast new one with 2 combo points, it just becomes worth 2 points, does not add. This would be useful change, when adds die and I just have those 2-3 points on them that are now lost. (see next suggestion)
    2. If an enemy dies with my combo points still on him (and I switch to new target) those "lost" points should automatically add to Slice & Dice or Recuperate.
    3. Redirect should have no cooldown, or just let us build compo points on ourselves. (like Monks do)
    4. Our first AoE comes at level 66, and considering the state of low level dungeons (AoE fest) we're gimped. (except boss fights)
    5. Tried transmogging my BoA daggers to Mace - couldn't. Why oh why?!
    Added later:
    6. Glyph of Deadly Momentum - instead of refreshing S&D and Recup to their original duration, could refresh their duration to its 5 CP maximum duration. I can't see how this would brake anything, but leveling for sure would go smoother, since I can never (never ever) put 5 CP on my targets, they just die at 3-4.
    7. Minor glyph that lets us use Spring while in ghost form (I believe monks can roll while dead?)
    8. Glyph of Deadly Momentum - could work on kill assists too, not just killing blows.
    9. For all classes - need new way to teleport to the entrance of the dungeon, without teleporting out and in again (this would be useful to hang in quests that are at the entrance, since teleporting out often puts you in combat, then you must kill mobs, by the time you're done - group has left dungeon and there's no way for you to teleport back in and hang in quests)
    1. No : i expect boss burst phase to last for 50 sec (say puddle on jin) i pre-stack SND so i don't have to ever hit it again - bad.
    2. Use SND/Recup after it dies.
    3. Was a talent, no one used it. Stack on ourself : everyone wants it but dev claim it's too op.
    4. Doesn't really matter.
    5. Not rogue related.
    6. Not really needed.
    7. Sure, but again, not really needed.
    8. No, would never need to refresh on anything that has adds.
    9. Not really needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Number 7 is STUPENDOUS. We absolutely should have sprinting ghosts. That is what WoW needs.

Number 8 is also very strong. The intent of this glyph is that it really only help when soloing... but why? Why not just make rogues happy when adds are around, instead of sad? Marked for Death is our best leveling talent, but it's available at 90. Why not make rogues be able to spend talents and glyphs to be a goddamned mass murder machine?
    I have to agree, sprinting in ghost would be a really nice and appropriate perk, and "on kill" mechanics really should function on assists. I'm sure it would need counter-balancing on, say, Horridon-styled fights with lots of adds (not Horridon in particular, but that style) to not be OP, but that would be a huge QoL improvement.

I'm also interested in how they could make rogues... not suck for dungeons when your group doesn't suck. With a decent BoA group you can't get 3 GCDs in on half+ mobs, and we do next to nothing for the instance. That said, I'm skeptical that we'd actually see FoK changed to be worthwhile and get it at an early level.

Your idea on 9 I'd like to see if it's not a PITA for them to program, but I don't think it's really needed or particularly requiring a rogue PoV.